Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Sean Mckeever Off Teen Titans..

http://comicbloc.com/forums/showpost...postcount=1498

but he is not totaly off.. he is doing the Ravager backup

Hm. I wonder who's replacing him.

Geez, writers are getting driven away from this title at an alarming rate. I suspect it has a lot to do with Didio taking a heavy hand in "editing" the book, which has got to be so frustrating for the writers that they finally decide that it's not worth the trouble.

I'm curious about why he decided to leave, assuming it was his decision (which he says it was, but we can't be too sure).
    Lightbringer - The World's First Superhero

Long Live the Revolution! Revolution of the Mask - Issue 2 Now Available!

Let's set bad comics on fire from Atop the Fourth Wall

I don't find this shocking given the sheer amount of people who hated his take on TT.

Myself, while I don't read it I know people who know Sean _very_ well. I guess he said to them he intentionally did shocking things just to get some exposure for himself and the series. Kind of sad, if he focused more on simply making it a good book I think it would have been better received. The numbers on the book really have taken a hit in the past year, and I'm sure the new blood will be welcome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelEvil View Post
    Wish it was me and Zeu.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jack View Post
    Wish it was me and Zeu.
    Just tell Didio you know Brad Meltzer and Judd Winick.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Jack View Post
    Wish it was me and Zeu.
    So do I!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shrike View Post
    Just tell Didio you know Brad Meltzer and Judd Winick.
    LOL.

I make it a policy to lie as little as possible.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnL View Post
    Geez, writers are getting driven away from this title at an alarming rate. I suspect it has a lot to do with Didio taking a heavy hand in "editing" the book, which has got to be so frustrating for the writers that they finally decide that it's not worth the trouble.
    McKeever had almost a 2-year-run on the book. The only writer who wasn't long for the series was Beechen. And thank god!
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Who was it that said Dan DiDio was the issue?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/0309...-McKeever.html

When contacted by Newsarama about his reasons for leaving Teen Titans, McKeever said, “I did have future plans for Teen Titans but I just found myself needing to step away. I guess I'd have to chalk this one up to the vague and oft-used ‘creative differences.’ It happens.

“I do still have a working relationship with Dan and DC, as evidenced by my coming onboard as writer of the Ravager serial. I'm also currently talking to Dan about a couple cool and exciting possibilities for the future.”
    Son of Baldwin: The literary, sociopolitical, psychosexual, pop cultural blog. Live from Bedford-Stuyvesant.

My give a damn's busted. KevinTBrown's Avatar

I don't find this shocking given the sheer amount of people who hated his take on TT.

Myself, while I don't read it I know people who know Sean _very_ well. I guess he said to them he intentionally did shocking things just to get some exposure for himself and the series. Kind of sad, if he focused more on simply making it a good book I think it would have been better received. The numbers on the book really have taken a hit in the past year, and I'm sure the new blood will be welcome.
    I find myself agreeing with Shrike a lot lately.....

You can count me among those who hated his run. I kept hoping the McKeever who wrote for Marvel would eventually show up, he didn't.

As for him intentionally doing shocking things, it shows. There's no rhyme nor reason to some of the stories other than to shock. Terror Titans as a whole was like that. It's a shame that they used that mini as the vehicle to introduce Static to the DCU.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Everybody has a right to have an opinion, no matter how wrong they might be.

Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives. ~ John Stuart Mill

Myself, while I don't read it I know people who know Sean _very_ well. I guess he said to them he intentionally did shocking things just to get some exposure for himself and the series.
    REALLY.

Tell me, who are these people who know me so well? Because I've never said anything remotely like that to ANYONE.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelEvil View Post
    Dunno.. but I know Geoff Johns one said that he would still be writing it if Kon did get killed.. Kon is coming back..

DADADADAAAAM!!

or maybe its Gail, who knows..

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The final straw and Mr. McKeever , nothing against your work as a whole...its like every issue you either did 3 things :

1.) A team member quits to never return again , except issues later. Usually they quit crying ...and leave.

2.) The shock factor was too insane and stupied. From Miss Martian waking up in a truck stop giving it up to truckers , to Marvin being mauled by an evil devil dog.

3.) With Jamie Reyes title being ended , you could have actually developed Reyes . Instead as one guy in my LCS said "Who is this new Blue Beetle ? And why do we care if he argues with Red Devil a lot ?"

You had a good team possibly. But the work done on the series was just....bad. I dropped it at 64. I saw previews of a 30 yearold Kid Eternity and it made me wonder how bad this title could get.

Just being honest...it wasn't your best I feel. Maybe the Ravager back up will be good. But as a whole Teen Titans just wasn't.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.