Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

What i like about Hellion is that he's somewhat a morally gray character, he can be a great hero or villain and its interesting to see where the writers are willing to take him. Though as much as i love seeing him and Laura together they need to stop having him get hurt/captured and then Laura going bat shit insane of the bad guy. It gets stale kinda fast.

I like him as a character. He's an Ass but you know deep down he always has good intentions.

Concerning his actions in Utopia.

His main flaw is that he is young. He is young and he has been trained to lead. So he will do what he knows how to do: Lead.

However; because of the fact that he is young, he doesn't see the whole picture. And he acts upon his limited knowledge of the situation, and because he is a leader, his peers. (Even though some are older and should be wiser than him) will follow.

He does what he thinks should be done.

But his ignorance and arrogance makes his actions void.

Quote Originally Posted by Supercoolshay View Post
    Concerning his actions in Utopia.

His main flaw is that he is young. He is young and he has been trained to lead. So he will do what he knows how to do: Lead.

However; because of the fact that he is young, he doesn't see the whole picture. And he acts upon his limited knowledge of the situation, and because he is a leader, his peers. (Even though some are older and should be wiser than him) will follow.

He does what he thinks should be done.

But his ignorance and arrogance makes his actions void.
    I like this critique. With some time under a real leader, somebody to observe, he has a lot of potential. But right now, he's too brash and arrogant to take it as a responsibility. He acts on his personal views, and doesn't question if his opinion of what should be done is in the best interests of anyone else.
    STAR LORDX-23HELLIONTASKMASTERDEADPOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hakael View Post
    I like this critique. With some time under a real leader, somebody to observe, he has a lot of potential. But right now, he's too brash and arrogant to take it as a responsibility. He acts on his personal views, and doesn't question if his opinion of what should be done is in the best interests of anyone else.
    Unfortunately all his leader/adult role models have kinda back stabbed him at one point or another so it would be hard to see him follow a real leader.

On that note i do agree that the J-Man needs a role model that wont back stab him, the kid has so much potential and raw power its a shame to see him waste his potential doing the shit he's been doing. But i guess that just part of growing up or he just needs to get laid.

. With some time under a real leader, somebody to observe, he has a lot of potential. But right now, he's too brash and arrogant to take it as a responsibility. He acts on his personal views, and doesn't question if his opinion of what should be done is in the best interests of anyone else.
    I wouldn't go as far as to say he's doing it out of selfish motivation.

But other than that Exactly, he knows how to lead, but part of leading is learning to let people (like Scott) be in control of the situation. Scott has failed his students in that part of their training.

I don't think its 100% selfish, but that is certainly the key aspect.
    Hellion's always had to fight between doing the right thing and feeding his ego, and there are plenty of areas where the two intersect. His leadership abilities are part of that, its something he takes pride in... which is why Emma took it away from him. It was a punishment.

I don't think its 100% selfish, but that is certainly the key aspect.
    Hellion's always had to fight between doing the right thing and feeding his ego, and there are plenty of areas where the two intersect. His leadership abilities are part of that, its something he takes pride in... which is why Emma took it away from him. It was a punishment.
    I think Emma's punishment was more "I'm in control and don't you forget it". She gave the leadership role to Surge after Julian refused to knock x-23 out of the epic danger room battle. It was my perspective that she was just asserting her authority more than anything else.

I considered it more of a humiliation, that it was obvious to everyone that Julian was essentially getting demoted. Emma later said it was because she trusted Surge to protect the kids, even from her... suggesting that Hellion probably wouldn't have disobeyed much had he and Emma remained close. But I still say that was a cop out, and part of Emma breaking under the circumstances. Her strained relationship with Julian and Cessily (and to a lesser degree Sooraya and Santo) is something I'd love to see at least addressed more often, especially now given the two being at odds.

I think Emma's punishment was more "I'm in control and don't you forget it". She gave the leadership role to Surge after Julian refused to knock x-23 out of the epic danger room battle. It was my perspective that she was just asserting her authority more than anything else.
    That and she was afraid that Laura would steal her future boy toy

But in all seriousness putting Surge in charge was just a bitch slap/ punishment to Julian, yet she can get away with it under the idea: "a true leader knows when to follow".

But back to this idea: Who would be a good mentor to Julian, because god knows he needs one.

I'd love to see Hellion get some panel time with Exodus, especially now given what Exodus has decided after dealing with Xavier.

I considered it more of a humiliation, that it was obvious to everyone that Julian was essentially getting demoted.
    That's exactly what I said in different words. Humiliation is an effective way to assert authority. Not the best way... but certainly effective.

Emma later said it was because she trusted Surge to protect the kids, even from her... suggesting that Hellion probably wouldn't have disobeyed much had he and Emma remained close. But I still say that was a cop out, and part of Emma breaking under the circumstances.
    That happened after Surge made the exact same mistake Julian just made. Taking the leadership role and making a decision based on a limited amount of information. I interpreted it as Emma offering an encouragement after a failure which nearly cost some of the kids (including Julian's) lives.

Her strained relationship with Julian and Cessily (and to a lesser degree Sooraya and Santo) is something I'd love to see at least addressed more often, especially now given the two being at odds.
    That'd be something to send to Mike Carey to have him explore in Legacy, now that the X-kiddies are working with Rogue now.

Intresting note: Did anyone else notice that Julian was wearing the Red and Black Quienten Quire sweater-vest?

I could see that happening especially with Julian's idea of mutant superiority

Intresting note: Did anyone else notice that Julian was wearing the Red and Black Quienten Quire sweater-vest?
    Thats been mentioned a few times in various threads i think its just paying homage and that Julian is inheriting Quire's ideology.
    Last edited by Dudebro McTypo; 07-13-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

But back to this idea: Who would be a good mentor to Julian, because god knows he needs one.
    Rogue.
    Who is going to be.
    In two months.

I can't wait.

Yeah, Fraction's beat us over the head with it. I see why its being done, I just don't think its a good character fit. I don't know why Julian would bother with the reference, and to make his point I think his X-Men uniform would suit him better in the circumstances, at least for the purposes of the protest (calling Norman's X-Men flunkies, it would have been better to juxtapose himself as a real X-Man)