Page 6 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 1150
  1. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    7thangel and Dave13 basically covered what I wanted to say. But no don't have blinders on when it comes to Hellion. I've read what he's done in the pages of NXM and Divided We Stand. And it just boggles my mind how a character so odious and self-centered can have following. But I guess it's easy when you just ignore them.

    Talk about blinders.
    Why do you go to an appreciation thread to hate, it's just not classy. I bet you wouldn't like it if people were trolling the X-23 thread?
    "More like Earth is getting kicked to the curb and Magma just stands still." - Pixie_Solanas

  2. #77
    Hak's Spirit Animal Hakael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    a few, david (even when he lost his powers), surge, dust, etc. he's not anymore 'heroic' than any other of the students (as long as they're actually written into the storyline, which they weren't in mercury falling), but he has fallen short to others in other areas.

    i'm not here to big him up or tear him down in this thread but felt i had to state a little something. i'm out
    He certainly had more panel time to show off in C&C's NXM than some others. But I do think his heroism tied to his personality flaws makes him one of the more interesting of the characters.
    STAR LORDX-23HELLIONTASKMASTERDEADPOOL

  3. #78
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Hindu Kush
    Posts
    59,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    I wonder what this will mean for Hellion in forthcoming issues of Utopia - it looks like they are building him up to be the next Kid Omega.
    He dresses like Quentin Quire; acts like Rachel Grey.

  4. #79
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    10,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    He dresses like Quentin Quire; acts like Rachel Grey.
    I like Hellion, but that description is spot on. If he ever sports a mullet, I will disavow that I ever liked him.

  5. #80
    Haughty & Naughty Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FiddleFaddle View Post
    Why do you go to an appreciation thread to hate, it's just not classy.
    But I'm not trolling on this thread. I came to get an explanation and understanding as as to why people like a character, whom I find to be selfish and immature. And I never got a straight answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by FiddleFaddle View Post
    I bet you wouldn't like it if people were trolling the X-23 thread?
    I personally wouldn't care. People are free to post what they like.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

  6. #81
    Hak's Spirit Animal Hakael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    But I'm not trolling on this thread. I came to get an explanation and understanding as as to why people like a character, whom I find to be selfish and immature. And I never got a straight answer.
    .
    We certainly have given you a straight answer. We like him because of his flaws.
    STAR LORDX-23HELLIONTASKMASTERDEADPOOL

  7. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    But I'm not trolling on this thread. I came to get an explanation and understanding as as to why people like a character, whom I find to be selfish and immature. And I never got a straight answer.



    I personally wouldn't care. People are free to post what they like.
    Actually I think three different people gave you a response.
    "More like Earth is getting kicked to the curb and Magma just stands still." - Pixie_Solanas

  8. #83
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakael View Post
    Hellion has a tendency to go out of his way to help people he doesn't necessarily get along with, including bad guys. He was adamant that Laura not kill people and refused to kill Kimura. When he thought David was physically assaulting Nori, he sent him into the ceiling and got sucker punched for turning his attention away from him to make sure she was ok.
    True He did Spare Lives but was that him or the X man that he's Supposed to be?

    And why did he jump to the assumption that David was assaulting surge? when David has never shown even a hint of being capable of that, I know why he allowed his dislike of David to to affect his judgements






    As for being the most heroic... name somebody else in NXM that's jumped out to the front lines every single time, that watches everyone's back in the fight, and takes the safety of the team upon himself and acts instead of just stressing under the pressure. Its taken its toll, but he's personally rescued a majority of the team in battle. Just look at the Nimrod fight, or when he wouldn't abandon Laura to fight alone when they rescued Mercury.
    You don't get it if you're going to try and judge who the most heroic of them is you have to judge them based of the broad definition of what a Hero is, Not just on how many Saves they've tallied up. Which includes things like Nobility, morality and Courage

    Wind Dancer, Prodigy, Surge and even Dust have all shown more Heroic qualities than Hellion.

    Yes Hellion has Flaws and they make him intresting but his Flaws aren't as Intresting or as impressive as Others

  9. #84
    Haughty & Naughty Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakael View Post
    .
    We certainly have given you a straight answer. We like him because of his flaws.
    That's not what you posted orignally. You said that 'Hellion is the most heroic of the the New X-Men characters.' Until someone pointed out that to be the exact opposite. That's fine if you like the character because you like that he's jerk. But I'm trying to figure out why someone would find a character who is so jerky likeable. I just don't get it.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

  10. #85
    Haughty & Naughty Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,984

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infernohara View Post
    Hellion is so great. Just all kinds of awesome.

    I guess people don't like arrogant characters or something, but I can't get enough of them.
    I love arrogant characters, Batman, Emma Frost, Namor, Aquaman, heck even X-23 is a bit high on hereself. It's so delicious to read about their belief in themselves. But as arrogant as all these characters are. They at least have good reasons for being the way they are. They're either super smart, super rich and very, very good at what they do. Most of them are actually self-made people.

    But Hellion...what has he done? Nothing. He's born a mutant with special powers. So what?
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

  11. #86
    LOLZCAT Robbiebob_16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cyclop's Toolbox
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    I hope all 3 Hellion threads can exist in harmony. He is good enough for multiple appreciation threads.
    agreed! Thank you 4sake, it's about time Julian felt some love/hate... but hopefully mostly love.

  12. #87
    Moderator RoguishGurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    9,102

    Default

    I enjoy Hellion's character because while he may be a jerk, he is one who would risk anything for the people he cares about. He risked his life to save X-23 when all the other New X-men and Emma would've let her die. He was hell bent on saving Mercury when the Facility kidnapped her. No one here will deny he's a jerk and has a bad temper. But is is a very caring character too. Just look how his moments with Dust and Mercury.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I love arrogant characters, Batman, Emma Frost, Namor, Aquaman, heck even X-23 is a bit high on hereself. It's so delicious to read about their belief in themselves. But as arrogant as all these characters are. They at least have good reasons for being the way they are. They're either super smart, super rich and very, very good at what they do. Most of them are actually self-made people.

    But Hellion...what has he done? Nothing. He's born a mutant with special powers. So what?
    He was probably spoiled by his rich parents. And the fact that he was Emma's favorite student probably got to his head too.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM|MISS AMERICA

  13. #88
    Hak's Spirit Animal Hakael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    That's not what you posted orignally. You said that 'Hellion is the most heroic of the the New X-Men characters.' Until someone pointed out that to be the exact opposite. That's fine if you like the character because you like that he's jerk. But I'm trying to figure out why someone would find a character who is so jerky likeable. I just don't get it.
    I stand by my statement, I think he is the most heroic of the team. His personality flaws don't negate his heroism, they give him depth. I'm not trying to convince you of his likability. He's not for everyone. But there is more there than selfishness and jackassery.

    and Dave, Prodigy had Surge restrained from behind... and it was right after she had lashed out and kissed Hellion. Julian saw and thought the worst... it was well intentioned.
    STAR LORDX-23HELLIONTASKMASTERDEADPOOL

  14. #89
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hakael View Post
    I stand by my statement, I think he is the most heroic of the team. His personality flaws don't negate his heroism, they give him depth. I'm not trying to convince you of his likability. He's not for everyone. But there is more there than selfishness and jackassery.

    and Dave, Prodigy had Surge restrained from behind... and it was right after she had lashed out and kissed Hellion. Julian saw and thought the worst... it was well intentioned.
    They might not negate them but there are others on the team who don't have them and thus make them more qualified for the title.

  15. #90
    Hak's Spirit Animal Hakael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    4,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratwedge View Post
    They might not negate them but there are others on the team who don't have them and thus make them more qualified for the title.
    no, it makes them better people. not more heroic.
    STAR LORDX-23HELLIONTASKMASTERDEADPOOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •