Page 5 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slung View Post
    Hellion fans:

Does Julian's TK allow him to stimulate his hair follicles and cause rapid hair growth? Or does he get weaves?
    Hmmm, never thought of that b4. I'd say yes his TK does llow him to stimulate his hair & makes it grow fast.
    Pull List : X-Men: Legacy T-Bolts Avengers Academy X-23 X-Factor New Avengers Jubilee U:X-Force Red Hood/Outlaws A:X-Men Static Gotham City Sirens Black Panther Suicide Squad Wolverine New Mutants

Hellion reminds me of a character I used to watch on a US soap called the Bold and the Beautiful. The character's name is Brooke Logan, to bottom line it she's a low grade skank, who talks like a 14 year old girl and cries. Yet for this character seems to have a legion of fans. Hellion reminds me of Brooke.

Hellion seems like nothing but a self absorbed a/hole who can't get over himself and who actually takes fiendish glee in other people's misforutunes. Also unlike the bigger dicks in comics books (ie. Batman, Namor). Hellion has no redeeming qualities, such as being brave, smart or a good fighter. Sure he's saved a few people once and awhile. Bun on a whole his bad qualities far outweigh the good.

Since this is an appreciation thread...maybe you guys can tell me what about the character you guys love. Thanks.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Hellion reminds me of a character I used to watch on a US soap called the Bold and the Beautiful. The character's name is Brooke Logan, to bottom line it she's a low grade skank, who talks like a 14 year old girl and cries. Yet for this character seems to have a legion of fans. Hellion reminds me of Brooke.

Hellion seems like nothing but a self absorbed a/hole who can't get over himself and who actually takes fiendish glee in other people's misforutunes. Also unlike the bigger dicks in comics books (ie. Batman, Namor). Hellion has no redeeming qualities, such as being brave, smart or a good fighter. Sure he's saved a few people once and awhile. Bun on a whole his bad qualities far outweigh the good.

Since this is an appreciation thread...maybe you guys can tell me what about the character you guys love. Thanks.
    I like Hellion because he reminds me of young Magneto & Namor in some ways. I like that he call non mutants Flat-Scan & feel that mutants are better than the ape men. I know you can't see his redeeming qualities because you seem to hate him with a passion lol. But he does He really does love & care about his friends (Dust, Mercury, X-23, Rockslide & Anole ) its been show many times in the comics that he does care/love them & had some/few touching moments with them. Usually people who hate Hellion choose to discount & ignore those moments.

I love that he told Pixie to shut up & then started beating the hell out of racist Ape men because I would have done that exact same thing lol. I love take he has a take freedom & right attitude (because thats how I am also) & not talking about/waiting around for the to aspected & assimilated in the apeman's society.
    Pull List : X-Men: Legacy T-Bolts Avengers Academy X-23 X-Factor New Avengers Jubilee U:X-Force Red Hood/Outlaws A:X-Men Static Gotham City Sirens Black Panther Suicide Squad Wolverine New Mutants

DO not Compare the great villain and revolitionary figure Magneto to Hellion

He's a Flat Character that was given too much page time, one of two mistakes from normaly first class authors

Quote Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
    DO not Compare the great villain and revolitionary figure Magneto to Hellion

He's a Flat Character that was given too much page time, one of two mistakes from normaly first class authors
    That's your opinion... Just because you have one doesn't make it right or true. & while your in here dissing Hellion (which you seem to do alot on here for whatever) I'd like to informed you that your fav. Character is kind of a Rip off of this guy. Enjoy

http://www.comicvine.com/desert-ghost/29-41319/

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

you've either not read anything other than his last few appearances (Divided We Stand to current) or you've got blinders on. Hellion is the most heroic of the the New X-Men characters. He risks his life to save his friends on multiple occasions, he always does the right thing and pays for it every time. By all circumstances, Hellion should be a bad guy. His association with the X-Men cost him everything. His family abandoned him, many of his friends are dead, and he's nearly joined them multiple times. But we see him now, still hanging with the X-Men. Is it because he has nowhere left to go? Or is it because what Magneto said to him, that he desperately wants to be an X-Man. He wants to be the hero. Its part of his identity.

Granted, some of the motivation for being heroic is his ego. The fortune and fame would feed that. But most of the time, its to protect his friends. People he is loyal to a fault with. He doesn't accept failure, he saved Laura when all his peers said it would be hopeless. He went after Mercury after she was kidnapped because she was his friend, and thus it was his responsibility.

He has flaws, thats a good thing from a character perspective. His fierce defense of his friends often translates to turning quickly against people who betray him. He has no tolerance for mutant haters and will act quickly and and often hastily against them.
    STAR LORDX-23HELLIONTASKMASTERDEADPOOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hakael View Post
    you've either not read anything other than his last few appearances (Divided We Stand to current) or you've got blinders on. Hellion is the most heroic of the the New X-Men characters. He risks his life to save his friends on multiple occasions, he always does the right thing and pays for it every time. By all circumstances, Hellion should be a bad guy. His association with the X-Men cost him everything. His family abandoned him, many of his friends are dead, and he's nearly joined them multiple times. But we see him now, still hanging with the X-Men. Is it because he has nowhere left to go? Or is it because what Magneto said to him, that he desperately wants to be an X-Man. He wants to be the hero. Its part of his identity.

Granted, some of the motivation for being heroic is his ego. The fortune and fame would feed that. But most of the time, its to protect his friends. People he is loyal to a fault with. He doesn't accept failure, he saved Laura when all his peers said it would be hopeless. He went after Mercury after she was kidnapped because she was his friend, and thus it was his responsibility.

He has flaws, thats a good thing from a character perspective. His fierce defense of his friends often translates to turning quickly against people who betray him. He has no tolerance for mutant haters and will act quickly and and often hastily against them.
    Good timing Hakael..(with the Haters of Hellion on the attack an all)

Laura & Logan = Family chickrockguitar's Avatar

Very well said!
    PULLS: Morning Glories . X-23 . Kick-Ass/Hit-Girl . Ultimate Spidy . Runaways . Usagi Yojimbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake View Post
    That's your opinion... Just because you have one doesn't make it right or true. & while your in here dissing Hellion (which you seem to do alot on here for whatever) I'd like to informed you that your fav. Character is kind of a Rip off of this guy. Enjoy

Where did i claim it was Right exactly? I merely stated my opinion which 'm free to do and will continue to do. Something you do just as much as i do.

As for the rip off Issue, IMO a Rip off of a Pretty cool character is by some margin cooler and more intresting than a Character stereotype

you've either not read anything other than his last few appearances (Divided We Stand to current) or you've got blinders on. Hellion is the most heroic of the the New X-Men characters.
    Even I a Hellion hater has to admit that the Guy has done some pretty cool crap and Deserves the Title of a Hero, But the Most Heroic of the lot? NO WAY

Courage Bravery, Being a champion of virtues, noble or a person who posses admirable qualities These things are what a Hero is and while Hellion has defintly qualified himself to be a Heroic guy. but he is far from being the most heroic of the New X-men? Thats Just Fan arrogance

Yea a Guy who is one of the most powerfull people on the planet thanks to his mutancy who fights evil is braver than others that fight the same dangers with no amazing TK?

He risks his life to save his friends on multiple occasions,
    Yes he does, But thats it he saves his friends no more, i don't see him helping neutral people or even trying to help characters that are "Bad" despite being unjust unlike other New Xmen

he always does the right thing and pays for it every time
    What series have you been reading? Hellion has on countless times done morally lackng actions that have done nothing but cause pain and tension for his amusement ( which was kind of Funny but not the point)

By all circumstances, Hellion should be a bad guy.
    Please Loads of characters have worse sob stories than hellion and are fighting for the right side.

His association with the X-Men cost him everything. His family abandoned him,
    They abandoned him because he was a mutant thats happened to many characters heck Elixir's parents did it to his face , David was refused his dream because he was a mutant, Sofia was emotionally starved/abandoned by her father for years. All of them have worse or equal traumatic pasts and are better than Hellion, Lets not start to mention the Characters that have surfered the real horrific pasts.

many of his friends are dead,
    I count Tag? thats the only person hellion cared about who's dead, he plainly stated his contempt for the others who no longer possesed powers right after M-day. So don't make it sound like he was heartbroken by the students deaths.

Hellion wasn't the only person that suported Laura, Emma was against her if thats what you mean all her peers, and if i'm correct his first encounter with Laura he wasn't at all nice

Yea he's one of those people who believe that when someone Hurts you the best counter is to respond in kind that rarely works but hey.
    Last edited by Dave13; 06-27-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave13 View Post
    Where did i claim it was Right exactly? I merely stated my opinion which 'm free to do and will continue to do. Something you do just as much as i do.
    I never you that you said your were right. I was say just because you believe something/feel a certain way doesn't make true such when you said he's a flat character :rolleyes: . & yeah your entitle to your opinion but you attack hellion in the Hellion Thread, you attack Hellion in the New X-men Thread. & not because of anything the character did in canon/comic storyrelated, but because you don't like that they gave him move lines & panel time than your favorite character. All I saying I dont attack Josh every other post & If there was a Elixir Thread I wouldn't come in there dissing him everytime I posted in that Thread.

Hellion has a tendency to go out of his way to help people he doesn't necessarily get along with, including bad guys. He was adamant that Laura not kill people and refused to kill Kimura. When he thought David was physically assaulting Nori, he sent him into the ceiling and got sucker punched for turning his attention away from him to make sure she was ok.

As for being the most heroic... name somebody else in NXM that's jumped out to the front lines every single time, that watches everyone's back in the fight, and takes the safety of the team upon himself and acts instead of just stressing under the pressure. Its taken its toll, but he's personally rescued a majority of the team in battle. Just look at the Nimrod fight, or when he wouldn't abandon Laura to fight alone when they rescued Mercury.
    STAR LORDX-23HELLIONTASKMASTERDEADPOOL

On comicvine they bring up interesting & canon reasoning on why Hellion was wearing similar shirt/sweater as the Omega gang once did.

The poster Korg states :

The outfit has cultural significance beyond Quentin and his gang in the mutant community. It is how mutants were first depicted in early propaganda posters in the Marvel U. & It's actually from an old Daily Bugle cover. Quentin uses it as a template in New X-Men #134.

http://www.comicvine.com/hellion/29-...ire/92-399031/

As for being the most heroic... name somebody else in NXM that's jumped out to the front lines every single time, that watches everyone's back in the fight, and takes the safety of the team upon himself and acts instead of just stressing under the pressure. Its taken its toll, but he's personally rescued a majority of the team in battle. Just look at the Nimrod fight, or when he wouldn't abandon Laura to fight alone when they rescued Mercury.
    a few, david (even when he lost his powers), surge, dust, etc. he's not anymore 'heroic' than any other of the students (as long as they're actually written into the storyline, which they weren't in mercury falling), but he has fallen short to others in other areas.

i'm not here to big him up or tear him down in this thread but felt i had to state a little something. i'm out

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake View Post
    On comicvine they bring up interesting & canon reasoning on why Hellion was wearing similar shirt/sweater as the Omega gang once did.

The poster Korg states :

The outfit has cultural significance beyond Quentin and his gang in the mutant community. It is how mutants were first depicted in early propaganda posters in the Marvel U. & It's actually from an old Daily Bugle cover. Quentin uses it as a template in New X-Men #134.

http://www.comicvine.com/hellion/29-...ire/92-399031/
    I wonder what this will mean for Hellion in forthcoming issues of Utopia - it looks like they are building him up to be the next Kid Omega.

7thangel and Dave13 basically covered what I wanted to say. But no don't have blinders on when it comes to Hellion. I've read what he's done in the pages of NXM and Divided We Stand. And it just boggles my mind how a character so odious and self-centered can have following. But I guess it's easy when you just ignore them.

Talk about blinders.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus