Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1145

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    What Pete said, I'd just assume that Julian kept his AoX memories.

Bling! has a thing for AoX Julian lol
    Or maybe AoX Bling! has a thing for Julian.

Anyhoo, yes, it is good that Julian is back with the old gang! Although I wish Anole looked more like Anole and less like Komodo.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD410 View Post
    Or maybe AoX Bling! has a thing for Julian.

Anyhoo, yes, it is good that Julian is back with the old gang! Although I wish Anole looked more like Anole and less like Komodo.
    Agreed.

When i see awesome scenes like this in Red Hood & the Outlaws I get frustrated because Marvel isn't giving Julian the opportunities to be awesome like DC is for Jason!

They're pretty much the same character if you think about it....
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

To date I've really enjoyed Wolverine and the X-men, one thing that really bugs me about it though is how Hellion seems to have regressed to the school yard bully he was when he first cropped up in New Mutants. I'm quite new to X-books but have read the full run of New X-men til Messiah Complex and he seemed to be on the road to becoming a big player in the Marvel Universe, does something big happen to make him regress like this or is it just bad characterisation by the recent writers?

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    To date I've really enjoyed Wolverine and the X-men, one thing that really bugs me about it though is how Hellion seems to have regressed to the school yard bully he was when he first cropped up in New Mutants. I'm quite new to X-books but have read the full run of New X-men til Messiah Complex and he seemed to be on the road to becoming a big player in the Marvel Universe, does something big happen to make him regress like this or is it just bad characterisation by the recent writers?
    Glad you asked and sorry it took so long to get back to you on this:

Julian IMO is a victim of writers not caring about him as a character. Jason Aaron is committed to his 6 students (though I will give him props for at least writing dialogue for Jules), Gage had him Thunderclapped in Legacy by She-Hulk which is a trick Gage already used back in the X-Men World War Hulk Tie in, & Liu admitted that when she writes Hellion she thinks nothing about his future as a character. The last writer to at show a hint of caring about him was Mike Carey; the Professor seemed to trying to head somewhere with him but alas it never materialized. Yost & Kyle haven't really touched the X-Franchise since X-Force and despite them blowing off his hands still wrote him the best in the last 5 years. Though I will say the Gillen seemed to respect the character in both the Schism Tie-in and the Regenesis one-shot.

Maybe something will happen to him the wake of AVX
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

Cheers for the reply.

It's sad that no-one wants to give him the attention he deserves, I always thought his take on telekenesis was very unique and interesting. Even if he's never going to get his own arch I'd love to see a bit of character development, just him being trained to use his powers by Rachael or something. I was really impressed with Gage's writing of X-23/Dust in the recent Avengers Academy and wouldn't mind him taking a bash at giving Julian some closure.

Quote Originally Posted by HostilSpike View Post
    Cheers for the reply.

It's sad that no-one wants to give him the attention he deserves, I always thought his take on telekenesis was very unique and interesting. Even if he's never going to get his own arch I'd love to see a bit of character development, just him being trained to use his powers by Rachael or something. I was really impressed with Gage's writing of X-23/Dust in the recent Avengers Academy and wouldn't mind him taking a bash at giving Julian some closure.
    I'd put more faith in Gage had he not used the same trick twice to knock Jules out
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

Do you think Phoenixclops gave Hellion his hands back? I'm referring to the guy playing soccer with Sunspot.
    I don't wanna be mistaken because Velocidad was wearing a different outfit the same issue, but could be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post

Do you think Phoenixclops gave Hellion his hands back? I'm referring to the guy playing soccer with Sunspot.
    I don't wanna be mistaken because Velocidad was wearing a different outfit the same issue, but could be a possibility.
    He is still at JG School though right? I wish he never lost his hands.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post

Its the Jumping Bean

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    He is still at JG School though right? I wish he never lost his hands.
    Me too, but supposedly one of the Phoenix 5 is coming to the school in one of the issues next month, maybe they'll give him his hands back...maybe
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

Wait why did we even think it was Hellion, it is that Gen Hope kid.
    My Canon > Your Canon

Glob's there. Shouldn't he be at the school?

That's not Hellion it's Velocidad.

Possible good news. Via twitter a couple days back, Chris Yost said that he has plans for ether Hellion or X-23.

Considering that Yost wrote Jules's Divided We Stand story...there's a chance it could be about him
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

I kinda stopped reading Wolverine and the X Men after I saw how they destroyed his New X Men development

I feel like bumping this thread.

why?

Why not
    -Bad Guy Affirmation