Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Nooo, he's awful! I like the idea of Dani and Balder though.

What's up with her Valkyrie powers? I know she lost them, but I never actually knew why. Just some vague comment about Asgard disappearing. But when Asgard came back, shouldn't she have gotten her powers again?

You'd think so, but she didn't, although Hela gave her some powers temporarily. It makes me wonder if the abilities were part of her mutant power and that Brightwind chose her because of that. After all, either she or her grandfather predicted her grandfather's death in her first appearance. She felt it when he died, too. And IIRC, Selene wanted to make Dani her apprentice for some reason. Gotta get those old issues out...
    Favourite characters: Dani Moonstar - Loki - Magik - Shinobi Shaw - Karma - Shatterstar
    arachne3003.deviantart.com Update 12/24/11

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy55 View Post
    Nooo, he's awful! I like the idea of Dani and Balder though.

What's up with her Valkyrie powers? I know she lost them, but I never actually knew why. Just some vague comment about Asgard disappearing. But when Asgard came back, shouldn't she have gotten her powers again?
    It's been sort of ambiguous, it seems like she's lost them but there's been times when people/events have alluded that she still has them.

And yeah, there was that mystic element about her and her family. And she was Magik's champion in Limbo =p
    [Insert signature here ]

She had the death sense back in New X-Men: Academy X when she knew that Jeffrey Garrett was dead/half-dead. But she also randomly lost her psychic arrows too. They've really been nerfing her powers this decade. Back in the 90s she was a badass, psychic arrow shooting, reality warping valkyrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    You'd think so, but she didn't, although Hela gave her some powers temporarily. It makes me wonder if the abilities were part of her mutant power and that Brightwind chose her because of that. After all, either she or her grandfather predicted her grandfather's death in her first appearance. She felt it when he died, too. And IIRC, Selene wanted to make Dani her apprentice for some reason. Gotta get those old issues out...
    It's something about her ancestry: I think she's like Storm and Forge. Coincidentally, Forge is Cheyenne as well...hmm...

The nature of her mutant power certainly doesn't hurt her resume.
    If God loves and man kills, what do mutants do?

Uncanny X-Men - X-Force - X-Factor - Invincible Iron Man - Fantastic Four - Amazing Spider Man - Teen Titans - Countdown - Supergirl

Quote Originally Posted by ElementalKing View Post
    It's something about her ancestry: I think she's like Storm and Forge. Coincidentally, Forge is Cheyenne as well...hmm...

The nature of her mutant power certainly doesn't hurt her resume.
    I Thought he was Cherokee?

Anyway, I don't know why/when she lost her psychic arrows, but I thought Dani's Valkyrie powers "faded" over time after she left Asgard. That was why she could sense Jeffery's presence but didn't really have any other death powers.

I guess it makes sense that those powers would completely disappear when Asgard fell, but yeah, not sure why she didnt get them back...

What were her full powers as a Valkyrie?

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD410 View Post
    I Thought he was Cherokee?

Anyway, I don't know why/when she lost her psychic arrows, but I thought Dani's Valkyrie powers "faded" over time after she left Asgard. That was why she could sense Jeffery's presence but didn't really have any other death powers.

I guess it makes sense that those powers would completely disappear when Asgard fell, but yeah, not sure why she didnt get them back...

Forge has always been Cheyenne.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD410 View Post

I think there were times when one writer would say they were gone and another writer would bring them back.

Her Valkyrie powers were that she could sense when someone was dying (usually seeing a vision/illusion over their head) and being able to fight Death to save the person. During Claremont's second run on the X-Men she was able to combine her mutant powers with her Valkyrie powers and create an illusion of a person's death. Given that she feels what her targets feel, this wasn't a pleasant experience. (No wonder being tortured recently didn't phase her much.)

The fact that her Valkyrie powers seem connected to her illusions, and seem different than what other Valkyries do, is another reason it might all be part of being a mutant.

I'm not trying to giver her a power-up, btw, I just think it's an interesting possibility. At this point I'd be happy just to see her with her illusion/empathy powers back.
    Favourite characters: Dani Moonstar - Loki - Magik - Shinobi Shaw - Karma - Shatterstar

What costume do you think was Dani's best? The poor girl is not known for her taste. Personally, I think the Young X-Men one had potential, if only it wasn't yellow and black.

I don't really have a favorite, but as long as she has a red headband and braids, I am content. She does look best in red, yellow, and black colors.

I honestly dont like most of Dani's costumes because they're all pretty much variations on her New Mutants training uniforms, which are just boring. I like her X-Force costume alot, but its hardly a costume. And her Valkyrie getup from recently is AWESOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'd love to see Dani leading again, too.

A side of Dani we rarely see:

It would be good to see some Dani/Storm interaction again.
    Great scene. I would love to see Dani/ Storm or Magick/ Storm

o

My favorite part about Dani Moonstar in Young X-Men.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

BANNED

Dani Moonstar has been chosen!!!! Vote for the strongest woman in the Battle for Mutant Female Supremacy!!!

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...postcount=1028

Has anyone read "Native Americans in Comic Books'?
    There's a nice blurp on Dani in there. . .
    Square City Comics - Come check us out!