Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by .A View Post
    Rahne a cradle-snatcher, Karma sporting the worst haircut ever, and Dani cooped up in a classroom? No thank you! I suppose it launched the characters back into circulation, and had some nice covers at least.
    Does it count as cradle-snatching when there is only a 3 year difference in their ages?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Norj View Post
    Does it count as cradle-snatching when there is only a 3 year difference in their ages?
    It counted enough to get her fired! Also she lost her accent, which was stupid.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .A: Mutant League Champions 2013

It counted enough to get her fired! Also she lost her accent, which was stupid.
    She didn't get fired she quit, do you honestly believe that Emma has a problem with student-teacher relationships? Of course not all her talk about wanting to fire Rhane was just to mess with Dani.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

With all the Asgardian stuff that was going on recently and Her ties to Hela...I would absolutely love it if she were to join X-Factor. I think she would be a great fit on PAD's team...especially with his upcoming "hell on earth" arc.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Norj View Post
    She didn't get fired she quit, do you honestly believe that Emma has a problem with student-teacher relationships? Of course not all her talk about wanting to fire Rhane was just to mess with Dani.
    Rahne's a simple, naive little flower. She doesn't handle authority figures very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    With all the Asgardian stuff that was going on recently and Her ties to Hela...I would absolutely love it if she were to join X-Factor. I think she would be a great fit on PAD's team...especially with his upcoming "hell on earth" arc.
    I would love even just an appearance by her. She doesn't need to join the team, but she could at least visit Rahne at her cabin in Nova Scotia. Of everyone on Utopia, Dani, Dazzler and Scott were about the only non X-Factor characters to play substantial roles in the Nation X one-shot, so PAD clearly likes her. It's been so long since Dani and Rahne interacted as well. It'd be nice to see them reunited. I'm not sure if she'd be a good fit as a permanent member of X-Factor as it stands right now though. She'd overlap quite a bit with Monet and Lorna.
    Last edited by .A; 11-01-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Rahne's a simple, naive little flower. She doesn't handle authority figures very well.

I would love even just an appearance by her. She doesn't need to join the team, but she could at least visit Rahne at her cabin in Nova Scotia. Of everyone on Utopia, Dani, Dazzler and Scott were about the only non X-Factor characters to play substantial roles in the Nation X one-shot, so PAD clearly likes her. It's been so long since Dani and Rahne interacted as well. It'd be nice to see them reunited. I'm not sure if she'd be a good fit as a permanent member of X-Factor as it stands right now though. She'd overlap quite a bit with Monet and Lorna.
    So very true.
    As for overlapping with Monet and Lorna...those two are power houses...but Dani's strengths are her tactical capabilities, her leadership qualities, hand to hand, and a dead shot...and that's when she's not being a Valkyrie. So if anyone, she overlaps Longshot and Gaveedra
    But I do see where you are coming from...if not a team member, she could be a special liason of sorts...besides, having just gotten rid of a handful of characters I don't see PAD adding anyone new to the roster anytime soon.
    Sun and Moon
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

Hey folks! JK Woodward is selling prints for the next two weeks in an effort to recover from losing his home during the hurricane. One of the prints is of the New Mutants (minus Doug and Shan). Loving Moonstar on it! Just ordered mine!

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    what happens in the issue
    anything on nate and dani
    I didn't read the issue, but apparently they're dating. ICK.

I wish Hope and Wanda had repowered Dani, but alas it wasn't meant to be.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    As for overlapping with Monet and Lorna...those two are power houses...but Dani's strengths are her tactical capabilities, her leadership qualities, hand to hand, and a dead shot...and that's when she's not being a Valkyrie. So if anyone, she overlaps Longshot and Gaveedra
    But I do see where you are coming from...if not a team member, she could be a special liason of sorts...besides, having just gotten rid of a handful of characters I don't see PAD adding anyone new to the roster anytime soon.
    You're absolutely right about their skillsets, but I was thinking more in terms of personality. All three are headstrong, fiercely loyal women who share a tendency to think with their fists, and none of them suffer fools gladly.

Here's some very great news for us Moonstar fans!
    After the cancellation of New Mutants, Dani is actually one of the characters who gains a new role.
    Cullen Bunn has added her as the third cast member to his upcoming Marvel NOW! Fearless Defenders!

The basic idea of the book is that Valkyrie is choosing a new team of Valkyrior, and she's been asked to choose all these women from the heroes of Midgard, instead of from Asgard. She has completely failed in this task. [Laughs.] Valkyrie has been unable to choose anyone that she feels is worthy to be one of the hosts of the shield maidens. So she just hasn't done it. She's dropped the ball.

Because she's not done what she said she would do, nature or supernature, as it is abhors a vacuum. The absence of the Valkyrior has opened the door to something terrible. Something awful is waking, and Valkyrie finds that it's really her fault that she's put everything at risk.
    About Dani Moonstar's involvement:

I'll tell you that Misty Knight and Valkyrie are on the team. The third member of the team, who you'll see really quickly, is going to be Dani Moonstar. She's an awesome character. She has a fanbase. There are a lot of people who really like Dani Moonstar I'm one of them. Even better, she has such a connection to the Valkyrie. She was on the top of my list when I started putting together who I thought would be the core roster.

I think she also represents what I'm talking about she has a fanbase, she gets a lot of attention in New Mutants, but New Mutants just came to an end. I think she's a character who deserves some time in the spotlight, and this will be a different capacity for her as a character. I think you'll see Dani in a different light, and for so many reasons, she's a character who deserves that moment to shine.

I think when people read the second issue, and Dani makes her appearance on the team, people will really like her role in the book. I have an endgame in mind with Dani that will change her character to some degree, and it will define her for the future in a different way.
    .tumblr
    by the light, by the truth, by sangreal and sword and pendragon's fire
    by defender's might and dragon circle's destiny behold thy bane!

✘ stephen strange

Retired

I'm so pleased for her. This is a book I honestly probably wouldn't have read without her, but it sounds great.

Im here for this. Sounds fun and im a fan of Bunn. Yeess for Dani not falling into limbo.
    Psylocke

I'm definitely in...pending art prevs. I'm not too keen on that Sliney fellow.
    Sun and Moon

It goes without saying that I am going to get this. I hope dani gets some good development

Dani Moonstar will also become part of this team. When can readers expect to see her? And besides her connection to the Valkyrie, what does Dani Moonstar brings to the book?

Dani shows up in the second issue. It's her connection to Hela's Valkyrie -- her connection to fear and death -- that makes her valuable to the villains in the first arc. They figure, "Hey! Here's a girl with no real superpowers. She'll be an easy target!" Of course, they couldn't be more wrong. It's fun to see Dani cut loose on some unsuspecting bad guys.

Beyond that, I think Dani brings something very important to the book. To some degree, she's the heart and soul of the team. Valkyrie and Misty are both a little -- disconnected. Dani is sort of a balance between the two. She's human, like Misty, but she's also a Valkyrie. They need Dani to bring them together and bring out the all-too-human side of their personalities.
    .tumblr
    by the light, by the truth, by sangreal and sword and pendragon's fire
    by defender's might and dragon circle's destiny behold thy bane!

✘ stephen strange