Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: WC: DC Universe Panel

At DC's second WonderCon panel, taking place Saturday afternoon, the publisher announced that Judd Winick is the new writer on “Batman” after “Battle for the Cowl.” Winick assured fans his run will be exactly what they expect.

Full article here.

Shocker. So Winick is writing the Batman book with the lesbian Batwoman?

Now the big question... who in the book will get Aids?
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

BANNED

J-son Todd! J-son Todd! J-son Todd!

Also no Justice Society, America, or League news???

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    No. That would be Detective comics, penned by Greg Rucka.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    No. That would be Detective comics, penned by Greg Rucka.
    Then I really am shocked he's not doing that one. Maybe he'll make Robin gay.

Would explain why he couldn't get over trying to clone Superboy.
    Super Hero Squad Online - Curious Mad General - Current Rank: 1300.

True Believer - Proud Purchaser Of The Marvel Heroes Ultimate Pack!

You know if it's as good as his Under the Hood stuff I might check it out but if it sucks you can count me out.

Now the big question... who in the book will get Aids?
    Then I really am shocked he's not doing that one. Maybe he'll make Robin gay.

Would explain why he couldn't get over trying to clone Superboy.
    He was being facitous and aiming it at the more ignorant , Intolerant and Immature Fanboys out there. Based on your comments I'd say he hit the mark!

So tell me, exactly WHO has Winnick "Made Gay"? And why is Judd somehow more qualified to write Batwoman than another writer (including it would seem, her creator)?
    Last edited by EmeraldCityArcher; 02-28-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldCityArcher View Post
    So tell me, exactly WHO has Winnick "Made Gay"?
    I think he made me a little gay reading Ollie and Deathstrokes conversation about prison body cavity searches.

But it was just a phase.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." - Thomas Jefferson

damn I got massively missquoted by CBR on the question I made.

Will Jack Knight be a Black Lantern? Robinson said that it was a valid question, but he hadn't thought of it because he'd put much of “Starman” behind him. “If you'd asked me that question last year, I guarantee something would have come of it.”
    basically what I asked was if Robinson was going to bring back Ted Knight, or Nash or any other dead characters from Starman. also that Jack on many, many occasions spoke to his dead brother and met the dead JSA members and if any of that would be addressed.

also 2 of my other questions made it into the newsarama coverage

Can Winick promise he won’t bring back Scare Beast? Winick: “I wasn’t thinking of it until you mentioned it,” he said, joking, leading him to promise that he will be coming up.

Is the Kobra Face of Evil one shot connected to Escape? Sattler: “No, but it is related to something else that is coming this summer.”
    Last edited by Seraku; 02-28-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Once again, DC staffers bashing Final Crisis, ignoring the fact that a lot of people liked it very much and want it to have lasting repurcussions while a vocal minority didn't get it.... disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Uatu View Post
    Once again, DC staffers bashing Final Crisis, ignoring the fact that a lot of people liked it very much and want it to have lasting repurcussions while a vocal minority didn't get it.... disappointing.
    I think you said that in the reverse. It is the vocal minority who liked it, while most people "didn't get it", as you who liked it prefer to believe. But keep talking about how great it was. I can't wait to get rid of my issues of it and I'd love to make back at least what I spent on it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraku View Post
    damn I got massively missquoted by CBR on the question I made.
    Yeah, it's very interesting to see the difference between how it actually came across yesterday, and how it was reported here and on Newsarama.

The 5th World question was mine, and it makes it look like I got a much more definite answer, whereas in reality Sattler was pretty vague, and hemmed and hawed a bit before giving me a "yee-eesss".

Also, none of the staffers actually took a pop at Final Crisis - it looks like Robinson did, but it didn't come across like that at all in person, it was just a reaction to all of the "can you tell us exactly what happened, line by line, because I didn't really get it" questions that they'd been getting up to that point.

Again, interesting to see the difference between reality and reporting.

I think we put a lot of stock in these interviews, panels, etc, as they are reported, and then when things don't happen, we see them as promises broken or whatever. In reality, a lot of what is reported as concrete fact or confirmation was not concrete, nor was intended to be, by the people being (mis)quoted.

Default I'm wndering about this quote

"You'll see them drinking, you'll see them Twittering, you'll see them making out with other cosplayers." Did it seem like a joke, or at least slightly tongue-in-cheek?

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So we don't get Batman written by Grant Morrison and art by Frank Quitley ? Damn what a massive.....utter ....drop in quality coming soon.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by liminal_lad View Post
    "You'll see them drinking, you'll see them Twittering, you'll see them making out with other cosplayers." Did it seem like a joke, or at least slightly tongue-in-cheek?
    Tongue-in-cheek, certainly, and it raised a laugh - the last bit especially was done with a nod and wink to an audience with an amount of cosplayers in it. I wouldn't be surprised if they get treated a little like the guys who turn up to the conventions in Morrison's Bulleteer run, though.

Re. Morrison and Batman - I believe that the "Batman And Robin" title (NOT All-Star, the new one starting in June) will be the Morrison/Quietly comic. I can't back that up with anything solid, though, but that's the rumour I've seen. I hope so, anyway.