Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Top Cow Solicitations, May 2009

Top Cow Productions has released solicitation information and images for new
    comics on sale in May of 2009, including "Fusion: Cyberforce/ Hunter-Killer/
    Avengers/ Thunderbolts #1" and new issues of "Witchblade" and "The Darkness."

Full article here.

Has TOP COW ever provided an explanation why they canceled the VELOCITY series from Joe Casey and Chriss Cross? After having bought the pilot season issue, I was really looking forward to this book.

I don't know the factors for sure, but rather than make us wait on the solicitations, they decided to cancel them until the book is ready to go.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

What the...?

I haven't heard the official word for that one but I noticed Casey and ChrisCross are doing Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance featuring the Super Young Team for DC.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    I haven't heard the official word for that one but I noticed Casey and ChrisCross are doing Final Crisis Aftermath: Dance featuring the Super Young Team for DC.
    I saw that as well so I assumed that the DC work took precedence. That's a bummer though...I have been waiting for this book since the first issue was released a couple of years ago.

Default Hey Yeah!

I'm really looking forward to Velocity as well, I didn't even know it hadn't come out as i wait for trade and amazon still has it on pre-order.

Registration Withdrawn TROUBLEZ's Avatar

ChrisCross said something like, things didn't gel so he split.
    Velocity was the one book I was looking forward to since the pilot came out.
    I gave Cyblade a try, and was sticking around mostly for the art, and now that's gone.

Joe Casey spills the beans on the aborted VELOCITY book:

Finally, what can you say about the work of ChrisCross?

I can say that I love it almost unconditionally. I think he’s absolutely one of the best in the business. And one of its best-kept secrets. Cross and I have been trying to – and dying to – work together for years. Y’know, we were primed to do a “Velocity” series for Top Cow and although I wrote and got paid for three issues and Cross penciled a first issue that was so visually stunning and the best-looking thing Top Cow would’ve published this year, somewhere along the line that famous Top Cow brand of common sense disappeared into an unexpectedly bizarre rift in time and space, they started firing staff left and right – including our beloved editor – and our book was suddenly no more, resulting in an obviously broken promise to four million Pilot Season voters. Ouch.

But, hey, their loss is DC’s gain, right? Before you could say, ‘Diamond minimums,’ Cross and I landed on this series, which, let’s face it, is a lot cooler and will probably sell a few more copies.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 03-05-2009 at 11:37 AM. Reason: I edited in a hotlink for context.

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by torippu View Post
    Joe Casey spills the beans on the aborted VELOCITY book:
    Really disappointing because I wanted to see that book. Though Dance sounds pretty fun too. Hopefully someone else will draw the Casey book.

Now I'm wonder what his take on the Youngblood situation is?

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post

Now I'm wonder what his take on the Youngblood situation is?
    I'd like to know as well.