Thread: MegaCon 2009

Default MegaCon 2009

I'll be at Orlando's MegaCon this weekend, Feb. 27-Mar. 1, soaking up the sun and trying to get rid of the cold I picked up at NYCC and Toy Fair. My schedule:

Friday from 3:30-4:30 p.m., I'll be signing at the Hero Initiative booth.

Saturday from 10:50-11:30 a.m. I have a panel in Room 222B. I think it's about pitching your comic project to an editor; I'll be on the panel with Chuck Dixon, Tony Bedard and Barbara Kesel, so I would be expect some crazy CrossGen/Mark Alessi stories.

The rest of the time, I'll be camped out at booth 435, which I believe is in the center of the hall. Top Cow is shipping in a few cases of books and TPBs for both sale and giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Marz View Post
    I'll be at Orlando's MegaCon this weekend, Feb. 27-Mar. 1, soaking up the sun and trying to get rid of the cold I picked up at NYCC and Toy Fair. My schedule:

Friday from 3:30-4:30 p.m., I'll be signing at the Hero Initiative booth.

Saturday from 10:50-11:30 a.m. I have a panel in Room 222B. I think it's about pitching your comic project to an editor; I'll be on the panel with Chuck Dixon, Tony Bedard and Barbara Kesel, so I would be expect some crazy CrossGen/Mark Alessi stories.

The rest of the time, I'll be camped out at booth 435, which I believe is in the center of the hall. Top Cow is shipping in a few cases of books and TPBs for both sale and giveaway.
    Poor Ron. You should also expect to get a thousand Crossgen questions. I know you are very cool about it, but it would irk me if people kept asking me questions from something I did eight years ago and that ended badly five years ago. Five years. Man that went by quick.
    Last edited by Lester C.; 02-24-2009 at 04:52 AM.

Ron, do you still have those Crossgen jerseys? You tried to trade one for a hockey jersey I wore to megacon a number of years ago.

I'm volunteering at the Hero Initiative booth on sat. I will also stop by and get a trade.
    Check out my comics for sale/trade on Comiccovers.net. This link should take you there, http://comiccovers.net/forum01a/view...425d0d1c32be30

Ron, you should go back to the Emerald City Comic Con, that way you'll have a balance of Snow, Sun, and... rain.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcable97 View Post
    Ron, do you still have those Crossgen jerseys? You tried to trade one for a hockey jersey I wore to megacon a number of years ago.

I'm volunteering at the Hero Initiative booth on sat. I will also stop by and get a trade.

Yeah, I still have the jersey. And the leather jacket. And the hat...

I donated all the T-shirts -- probably about 2 dozen -- to a relief agency. So I guess there's a village in some third world country where everyone is decked out in CrossGen gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexrules View Post
    Ron, you should go back to the Emerald City Comic Con, that way you'll have a balance of Snow, Sun, and... rain.

I LIKE the rain!

But I'm hoping for sun when I go to Calgary in April.