Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Did the Spider-Woman ongoing get pulled? I can't find the solicit for it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    Did the Spider-Woman ongoing get pulled? I can't find the solicit for it anywhere.
    I suspect the Spider-Woman on-going was delayed because the of online motion comic that's to be released 2 weeks before the print version hits the stands. Sucky.

The new release date for Spider-Woman #1 is 6/3. SW #2 will be 7/2.

If you need some Jessica Drew satisfaction, this week's Astonishing Tales #3 begins a Spider-Woman backup story.
    Currently Reading:
    Buffy Daredevil Captain Marvel X-Men Ms Marvel GoG Black Science Manhattan Projects

Why is Thor so much more powerful than the rest of the Asgardians?

I know he has Mjolnir and his belt of strength, but is that enough to take him to such levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Funkdmonkey View Post
    Why is Thor so much more powerful than the rest of the Asgardians?

I know he has Mjolnir and his belt of strength, but is that enough to take him to such levels?
    I thought it was because he's the son of the Skyfather Odin, as well as the Elder God Gaea.

Whiz Kids Vs. Witchcraft! tangentman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomex80 View Post
    How did she get her powers back? Prior to Secret Invasion, Hydra approached her with an offer to re-power her, only to switch her out with a Skrull. I don't imagine that they'd invest the resources in re-powering her just to put her on ice, yet NA #48 shows her flying around. I'm just wondering if this has ever been addressed.
    In Avengers #243 (ish #?), Dr. Strange saved Jessica by casting a spell that removed her "venom blast" power. Morgan Le Fey trapped Jessica's soul outside her body by cursing her powers, and Strange broke the curse by breaking the link. The OHOTMU speculated that the super-strength and wall-crawling powers might have been unaffected. A few years later, in the early issues of Wolverine, we learned that Jessica did indeed have those powers.

Over time, the other powers returned, at least according to the final two issues of Heroes For Hire, volume one. Shortly afterward, the 4th Spider-Woman--the evil Charlotte Witter--ambushed all Spider-Women and stole their powers. Mattie Franklin mystically became the repository of all that power. However, Jessica was seen gradually regaining her super-strength and agility in the short-lived Spider-Woman series starring Mattie.

Then, we saw Jessica a few years later in "The Underneath" arc of Alias. Readers learned that Jessica's powers--including the venom blast--were back, but unstable. Bendis picked up that plot point in NA, although he mislead us into the Veranke twist. Now, the original Spider-Woman is back with all her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by volrath50 View Post
    With Moonstone taking over my favorite book, Ms Marvel, next month, I was looking to get some more background on her. I've read Thunderbolts from around issue 100, so I'm familiar with her from there. Any other good Moonstone stories?

I imagine Thunderbolts issues I haven't read would be good, but any arcs in particular that focus on Moonstone? Did she ever have her own mini-series? Any other books with her in it?

Thanks. :)
    Moonstone made her costumed debut in Incredible Hulk #228. It was a pretty cool story that showed both Karla's power and her devious abuse of psychiatry. I'd recommend tracking down that issue, if you can find it!

During the 80's, Moonstone showed up several times in the Avengers, starting with #228. That's where she became affiliated with the Masters of Evil. Over the course of the next few years, she made frequent appearances with successive versions of the Masters. The key story arc is the "Siege on Avengers Mansion". IIRC, you might be able to track it down as a trade.

In 1989, Captain Marvel II/Photon/Pulsar received her own one-shot that re-introduced her to the MU. Moonstone appears as one of the villains that Monica fights in that story.

Her debut as Meteorite happened in Incredible Hulk #449. The Thunderbolts show up and we catch a hint of Meteorite's true identity. Of course, Moonstone receives a tremendous amount of attention in the first 75 issues of T-Bolts!
    Who needs CoTM when you can have a Skullie?

I am Tangent Man! I do not care!

Quote Originally Posted by goat956 View Post
    Does anyone know when they're collecting Mighty Avengers Vol. 3/Vol. 4 into a hardcover? I know they collected Vol. 1 and 2 in hardcover, making it cheaper to buy than both TPBs, which is why I ask.

Thanks y'all.
    Do you mean Essential Avengers vol. 3 and 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    Do you mean Essential Avengers vol. 3 and 4?
    No, he means Mighty Avengers Vol. 3: Secret Invasion, Book 1 and Vol. 4: Secret Invasion, Book 2.

Default How can Count Nefaria be beaten?

I'm really curious because he has taken on entire teams before, and I wonder who or what can beat him, and how.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatmanBeyond View Post
    I'm really curious because he has taken on entire teams before, and I wonder who or what can beat him, and how.
    Didn't they just throw the Vision at him really really hard at one point? That ninety-nine cent book?

I think tricking him into using up all his energy seems to be the standard answer. Which is a bit like prolonging a fight in the hopes the other dude has to stop eventually because he's going to get hungry.

He who laughs last. TheDarkestHorse's Avatar

I haven't followed the Avengers books recently, but I've seen the page online where Norman Osborn warns his evil Illuminati to stay in line or else his 'friend' will deal with them, and reveals a looming shadowy figure in the doorway. I was just curious if the friend's identity has been revealed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestHorse View Post
    I haven't followed the Avengers books recently, but I've seen the page online where Norman Osborn warns his evil Illuminati to stay in line or else his 'friend' will deal with them, and reveals a looming shadowy figure in the doorway. I was just curious if the friend's identity has been revealed yet?
    It was just the Sentry.

He who laughs last. TheDarkestHorse's Avatar

Wow, lame. Thanks, though.

Hi.

This is my first post in this forum, so I hope I'm in the right place.

I have a question after reading the last comic of "New Avengers". In "New Avengers" the main characters talk about Civil War, however they don't know who Spider-man is, so he has to reveal himself "again" to the "New Avengers". How can they don't know who is the guy?

I am probably missing something here and I don't know what. Can somebody help me?

Sorry about my bad english.

Quote Originally Posted by LIOPO View Post
    Hi.

This is my first post in this forum, so I hope I'm in the right place.

I have a question after reading the last comic of "New Avengers". In "New Avengers" the main characters talk about Civil War, however they don't know who Spider-man is, so he has to reveal himself "again" to the "New Avengers". How can they don't know who is the guy?

I am probably missing something here and I don't know what. Can somebody help me?
    Despite revealing his identity prior to Civil War, the events of "One More Day" in the Spider-Man titles led to a deal with Mephisto that would, in addition to sacrificing their love and marraige, once again caused others to not remember his secret identity.

Read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_One_More_Day

What caused Wonder Man to become ionic? How did he lose it? Why does he still wear a leisure coat?
    Currently Reading:
    Buffy Daredevil Captain Marvel X-Men Ms Marvel GoG Black Science Manhattan Projects