Page 1 of 45 1234511 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Avengers Question and Answer Thread

If you're looking for an answer to a specific question about the Avengers this is the place to ask it.

This thread is not a place to share opinions or speculation.

So...if you need to know a specific issue number, or a plot point, a yes or a no, or some other factoid...ask away.
    Last edited by mattbib; 02-15-2009 at 09:54 AM.

BANNED

Default Trying to remember a Cap issue

It's a recent one, from like the last couple or so years where Cap is retelling his life to someone and he mentions how he lost his father and ended up receiving 4 new ones while in the military (Fletcher, Phillips, and 2 others).

What issue was this by any chance, homies'?

Default Cap's "crab" shield

I can't find the name/issue of a particular cap story. In it, Cap's shield grows legs and attacks him. This would have been an 80s issue of Cap, I think an annual. It may have had something to do with the cosmic cube. I can't find any scans or summaries that mention it anywhere though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Green View Post
    I can't find the name/issue of a particular cap story. In it, Cap's shield grows legs and attacks him. This would have been an 80s issue of Cap, I think an annual. It may have had something to do with the cosmic cube. I can't find any scans or summaries that mention it anywhere though.
    I remember that story.

That hapened in a cosmic cube arc of stories in the Captain America title as far as i remember.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Try Captain America Annual 7.

Wasn't the cosmic cube in Winter Soldier ?

Default Spider-Woman question

How did she get her powers back? Prior to Secret Invasion, Hydra approached her with an offer to re-power her, only to switch her out with a Skrull. I don't imagine that they'd invest the resources in re-powering her just to put her on ice, yet NA #48 shows her flying around. I'm just wondering if this has ever been addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantomex80 View Post
    How did she get her powers back? Prior to Secret Invasion, Hydra approached her with an offer to re-power her, only to switch her out with a Skrull. I don't imagine that they'd invest the resources in re-powering her just to put her on ice, yet NA #48 shows her flying around. I'm just wondering if this has ever been addressed.
    I don't think this has been answered clearly. After Drew lost her powers in Avengers #241, she slowly, very slowly, began regaining her powers. Her powers were unreliable, though.

Jump forward to when the Skrulls replaced Drew with Veranke. There is one theory I've heard on why Drew has control over her powers, despite not receiving the procedure on page. The process to make the Skrulls undetectable required that the person impersonated must remain alive. Some people on these boards have suggested any changes made to the impersonating Skrulls must also be made the real person in order to retain their undetectability.

Either way, Drew would have access to some of her powers, although Drew glided before rather than her current ability to seemingly fly. I don't think we'll receive any definitive answers until the Spider-Woman solo series begins in the next couple months.
    Currently Reading:
    Buffy Daredevil Captain Marvel X-Men Ms Marvel GoG Black Science Manhattan Projects

True Believer Giant Sized Man Thing's Avatar

Cool Giant Sized Avengers #6????

Quote Originally Posted by mattbib View Post
    If you're looking for an answer to a specific question about the Avengers this is the place to ask it.

This thread is not a place to share opinions or speculation.

So...if you need to know a specific issue number, or a plot point, a yes or a no, or some other factoid...ask away.
    I am reading Avengers #153 and it says it continues in Giant Sized Avengers #6. I don't see that issue anywhere. Does anyone know whats up?

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Sized Man Thing View Post
    I am reading Avengers #153 and it says it continues in Giant Sized Avengers #6. I don't see that issue anywhere. Does anyone know whats up?
    It actually continued in Avengers Annual #6.

BANNED

Default Any information ?

Hello,

Now that Rogue has lost all the powers and memories she stole from Carol years ago, how come they did not revert back to Carol.

What happened to them? Where did they go?

Quote Originally Posted by carlosrowlett View Post
    Hello,

Now that Rogue has lost all the powers and memories she stole from Carol years ago, how come they did not revert back to Carol.

What happened to them? Where did they go?
    They're dead.

After going through the Siege Perilous, Rogue returned without Mrs. Marvel's psyche. But Carol's psyche returned in its own physical form. However, they couldn't both exist at the same time. The Ms. Marvel being was killed by Magneto, allowing Rogue to live, and the psyche died with her.

Carol has most, if not all, of her old memories. Xavier helped her rebuild her memory. It was any emotional connection that she continued to lack.

I have a question for the experts: Is the Dark Avengers comic the new Thunderbolts title, I know that Thunderbolts is still being published but now that most of the characters from that title have moved on what happens now. Say after the dark reign arc is over will they move back to the Thunderbolts or will they stay on in the Dark Avengers, I would be interested in this answer thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    I have a question for the experts: Is the Dark Avengers comic the new Thunderbolts title, I know that Thunderbolts is still being published but now that most of the characters from that title have moved on what happens now. Say after the dark reign arc is over will they move back to the Thunderbolts or will they stay on in the Dark Avengers, I would be interested in this answer thanks.
    No, for the forseaable future they're two separate titles serving two different purposes. We don't really know what will happen when Dark Reign ends, but there's another thread discussing this exact issue: http://forums.comicbookresources.com...d.php?t=262045.

Default Ms. Marvel in the New Avengers

Can anyone tell me what issue in New Avengers the story went from where Ms Marvel was hell bent on exiling every member to an other dimensional prison to being second-in-command? Did anyone on the team confront her about her trying to send them to the Negative Zone?