Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: THE OSBORN SUPREMACY: Fantastic Four

Norman Osborn sets his sights on Marvel's first family in “Dark Reign: Fantastic
    Four" by Jonathan Hickman & Sean Chen. We spoke with Hickman about the
    book, which sees Reed Richards reexamining some of his recent mistakes.

Full article here.

God, there's a crap load of Dark Reign minis & 1-shots coming out. This is one of the only one's I'll be picking up for sure. Love the fact that Hickman will be including Franklin & Valeria in this mini. But if Norm thnks he's going to match wits with Reed, he's crazy...

...Oh wait he IS crazy

Quote Originally Posted by jdwrocks View Post
    God, there's a crap load of Dark Reign minis & 1-shots coming out. This is one of the only one's I'll be picking up for sure. Love the fact that Hickman will be including Franklin & Valeria in this mini. But if Norm thnks he's going to match wits with Reed, he's crazy...

...Oh wait he IS crazy
    This makes no sense the FF are not law enforcers Norman is being dumb if he initiates taking them on. It is ok to look at the bear, to point at the bear even laugh at the bear but never ever ever poke the bear.

ok it appears Franklin is the bear Norman is toast.
    Last edited by celticguy; 02-13-2009 at 10:36 AM.

I got to admit for all of his craziness, Norman does have a point in showing that the FF kids can't always be protected by their family when they go out on an adventure.

In other words, when the FF's away who can stop a villain from destory the FF building with the Kids in it, again.

I just hope that Hickman will go through the events of World War Hulk, when he is analysising Reed's mistakes .

Either him or Pak when Planet Skarr start in the summer.
    Last edited by CMBMOOL; 02-13-2009 at 10:44 AM.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by CMBMOOL View Post
    I got to admit for all of his craziness, Norman does have a point in showing that the FF kids can't always be protected by their family when they go out on an adventure.

In other words, when the FF's away who can stop a villain from destory the FF building with the Kids in it, again.

I just hope that Hickman will go through the events of World War Hulk, when he is analysising Reed's mistakes.
    That might be the main reason I pick this up. For the first time Reed may actually have to face what he's been doing the past few years.

Mark_S

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    That might be the main reason I pick this up. For the first time Reed may actually have to face what he's been doing the past few years.

Mark_S
    Amen to that fact buddy.

However we must remember that, like the interview stated, Reed is just hiding behind his machines to confront the real problem of this situtation and that is....

Himself.

I haven't been reading fantastic four, so what's up with them having doombots?

Yes, if Reed finally, finally looks back at his behavior in Civil War (and betraying the Hulk and so on) and says, "I did the wrong thing. The end doesn't justify the means, no matter how much math I did," then Hickman may actually bring me back to Fantastic Four after all.

David

Quote Originally Posted by chastmastr View Post
    Yes, if Reed finally, finally looks back at his behavior in Civil War (and betraying the Hulk and so on) and says, "I did the wrong thing. The end doesn't justify the means, no matter how much math I did," then Hickman may actually bring me back to Fantastic Four after all.

David
    You should have gone back when Millar took over since it's great.

Looked through it, don't like it. I don't like anything Millar's been doing for a while now. I did get McDuffie's FF, and it wasn't bad, but it didn't really address things in my opinion.

This is all such crap and why I don't buy much Marvel today. All of this, from Civil War on means destroying and ignoring Reed's character from the last 45 years of Marvel Comics. He's always been a little too intellectual, but he's never been cold or cruel or flat out so-smart-he's-stupid, but without these alterations to his character you don't get any of the Marvel "events" for the last few years because the "original" Reed would have led the Fantastic Four to stop them outright. This is no exception. Obsborn is no match for a man who defeats Dr. Doom on a regular basis.