Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: EXCLUSIVE: "The Darkness: Accursed" Backmatter & Commentary

Courtesy of Top Cow, CBR brings you an exclusive preview of the
    backmatter and creator commentary found in "The Darkness: Accursed," the
    $4.99 trade paperback by Phil Hester and Michael Broussard.

Full article here.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS!
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

It's cool for new readers giving them 6 comic for 4.99, only they're screwing the regular reader like me.
    I've paid 17.94 for the same!
    And to top it of I'm also a reader of Witchblade and they had the same deal.

I'm really considering of dropping all Top Cow titles (and keep in mind that I have most of the titles they published).

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    It's cool for new readers giving them 6 comic for 4.99, only they're screwing the regular reader like me.

I'm really considering of dropping all Top Cow titles (and keep in mind that I have most of the titles they published).
    Wasn't there some deal for those who already have the issues?

Free Umbra!

Yeah, I've heard something like that.
    Something like: Rip the covers off the issues and sent those ripped issues to TopCow and you get a coupon for the online shop.
    That's something only I'm living in The Netherlands (Europe) and if I'm ordering something I pay more for the shipping than the content.
    So for Me it's an empty gesture.

Now we just have to see if it actually ships next week. I've been waiting months for this sucker.
    Yeah, um, uh... In Blackest Day or Brightest Night... uh, watermelon, cantaloupe, yada yada... a superstitious and cowardly lot... with liberty and justice for all!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman was taken View Post
    Now we just have to see if it actually ships next week. I've been waiting months for this sucker.
    I've held physical copies, so barring an unforeseen delays at Diamond; fans will have this volume in stores on February 11th (this coming Wednesday).

Take care,
    Filip Sablik
    Publisher
    Top Cow Productions

Get Artifacts Volume 1 Trade for only $10!

Quote Originally Posted by filipsablik View Post
    I've held physical copies, so barring an unforeseen delays at Diamond; fans will have this volume in stores on February 11th (this coming Wednesday).

Take care,
    Sweet. I probably sounded more jerk-ish than I intended there, but like I said, I've been waiting a while for it.

Can't wait
    Yeah, um, uh... In Blackest Day or Brightest Night... uh, watermelon, cantaloupe, yada yada... a superstitious and cowardly lot... with liberty and justice for all!

Hmmm. I just ordered a copy of this with Discount Comic Book Services April order. They had it availbe with the preorder of vol. 2 (which I did order too). I wonder if I will get this in my next shipment from them.
    "I figure the right thing starts at the beginning of the day, not after you've been caught." - John Crichton (Farscape)

My friend and I bought a copy each today at the NYCC! I'm so darn excited for this!

Free Umbra!

What the...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post

I don't think every trade they do will be 5 bucks though. But as a general rule you usually save more money on trades. Really the appeal of single issues is you're getting to read the story sooner.
    Last edited by GRANT!; 02-07-2009 at 11:50 PM.

Personally, the story is worth the $10.74 (with discounts) I paid for it.

It's a good thing that Top Cow is doing with that program. I'd love to see the savings come my way, but they've already got me as a fan, so I'm not going to complain...too much.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.

And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives.

Quote Originally Posted by GRANT! View Post
    I don't think every trade they do will be 5 bucks though. But as a general rule you usually save more money on trades. Really the appeal of single issues is you're getting to read the story sooner.
    I think this is Top Cow's version of the "cheap first trade to hook the readers". Vertigo has $10 trades for the first collections of their books (Fables, Y, Scalped) and Image has started it with their books (Walking Dead, Dynamo 5). It's a good tactic that helps people who do buy trades. This is a way that non Marvel/DC publishers stand out, which is excellent!
    "I figure the right thing starts at the beginning of the day, not after you've been caught." - John Crichton (Farscape)

Hey, Filip, any news on when the next trade is coming out? This has been an absolute blast and I would really love to catch up to the current issues.

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Hey, Filip, any news on when the next trade is coming out? This has been an absolute blast and I would really love to catch up to the current issues.
    I believe volume 2 was solicited for April with a $10 price tag. Not sure how the delay in issues will affect the release though.