Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: MYSPACING COMICS: Erik Larsen

With classic issues of "Savage Dragon" available for free on MySpace, we check
    in with creator Erik Larsen to see why he thinks the social networking site is is so
    important to the comic book industry. His answer may surprise you.

Full article here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    With classic issues of "Savage Dragon" available for free on MySpace, we check
    in with creator Erik Larsen to see why he thinks the social networking site is is so
    important to the comic book industry. His answer may surprise you.

Full article here.
    "MySpace Comic Books celebrated Larsen’s “Savage Dragon” in January, posting his four all-time favorite issues in their entirety each week for free."

Actually it's Erik's four all-time favorite issues during Dragon's Cop era--at least that's what I got from reading the myspace blurb.

I don't think they are Erik's four all-time favorite of all the issues. I could be wrong though.

You know, I really like CBR's news coverage, but this particular article read more like a paid advertisement than a news story.

Rodrigo
    http://comicscommentary.blogspot.com

☿Mecurial master of media Living Silver's Avatar

Yeah, I think it's lame when they review the popularity of creators and companies like that for a number of reasons:

1) I added Jim Lee as a fan a long time ago when I used to use MySpace. I've been to his page ONCE. If I still spent time on MySpace I would have added a lot of other creators as well. Number of friends really doesn't mean much

2) Every Image house has it's own page. How can you compare the number of DCU fans with the number of Image fans? When you combine all of the Image sub-imprints they actually have a higher total. But then you have to ask: how many people are fans of more than one Image sub-imprint?

3) FACEBOOK is more heavily trafficed than MySpace these days anyway! Plus, Facebook has the college crowd, which to me should be a bigger target for comic books anyway (they spend more money and will make more in the future).