Page 279 of 435 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289329379 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 6516

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Nope. Soulsword is intangible against non-magical stuff.
    :/

Dang it.
    "A house divided against itself cannot stand"-Honest Abe

Quote Originally Posted by JDUP01 View Post
    :/

Dang it.
    But lately, it has shown to have effect against non-magical people. It doesn't harm them physically, but stun them. But on the other hand, it may be part of a writer's liberty to make it that way.

But lately, it has shown to have effect against non-magical people. It doesn't harm them physically, but stun them. But on the other hand, it may be part of a writer's liberty to make it that way.
    Ok. I'm calling for a secondary mutation. Colossus armor with the associated power up. A Xmen She Hulk for lack of a better description. Keep the teleportation though. That's job security.

Quote Originally Posted by JDUP01 View Post
    Ok. I'm calling for a secondary mutation. Colossus armor with the associated power up. A Xmen She Hulk for lack of a better description. Keep the teleportation though. That's job security.
    I don't think the soulsword is part of mutation. It's more from Magik's magical side. She has two power sets: one mutant (controlling stepping disks), the other magical (which is a learned ability).

As for secondary mutation, that usually happens around adulthood, but we don't know for sure what's her age. Some say she's still a teenager. Others say she's a young adult now.

I don't think the soulsword is part of mutation. It's more from Magik's magical side. She has two power sets: one mutant (controlling stepping disks), the other magical (which is a learned ability).

As for secondary mutation, that usually happens around adulthood, but we don't know for sure what's her age. Some say she's still a teenager. Others say she's a young adult now.
    She's somewhere between 18-21 is my guess.

It was very effective against a few of Legion's personalities.

Yanapryde...that was awesome. Would love to see that continued.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    It was very effective against a few of Legion's personalities.
    Yeah, that too.

I've been reading through the comicvine forum comments about the soulsword and I guess the sword's abilities varies depending on any different writer's needs. the question is, what's the soulsword's true power?
    Last edited by 244; 05-18-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Yeah, that too.

I've been reading through the comicvine forum comments about the soulsword and I guess the sword's abilities varies depending on any different writer's needs. the question is, what's the soulsword's true power?
    The soulsword is the physical manifestation of Illyana magical power which means it can do whatever she wants.

Default Would you like to take this journey with me?

Disregard this
    Last edited by Selphy; 05-21-2012 at 10:47 PM.

"We also got a teaser that Illyana and Black Widow will star in an Augmented Reality piece for the series that will run through the comic, playing on their shared Russian background."

Source: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/05/...f-professor-x/
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

West Palm Beach (School) Minnesota (home)

I don't like the new take on the soul sword at all.
    ~ BlackJack ~
    " Living Well Is The Best Revenge"

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Bliss View Post
    Random question - has Illyana met herself time teleporting? How many times and did she interact with her other self/selves
    During the Mutant Massacre crossover, Illyana teleports to Muir Island to fetch Dr.McTaggert to help with the incoming casualties - While in limbo, during the return port, Magik tells Moira they shifted slightly in time, allowing them to watch the X-men's bloody return to the mansion via her a scrying glass. Magik tells Moira they can't teleport back until her "past" self leaves to go get her, otherwise it would risk rupturing the time stream. This would seem to indicate that she hasn't ran into herself teleporting...at least on Earth.

During Inferno, she does find a past version of herself in limbo. So we know she can exist in one place and time in that realm.

A few posts back I asked ( to no reply * tear *) if there was any evidence that any alternate reality Illyana Rasputin could/has been depicted as utlilizing limbo or ruling it. I can find no evidence. I believe that 616 Magik is the only Illyana Rasputin who can claim rulership of Limbo, and I believe that only her "past" and "future" selves exist in that place, otherwise she'd be in constant conflict with multiple-versions of herself vying to accomplish their goals be using limbo as a platform.

Sorry for such a long winded answer, but aside from the face to face with her past deal during Inferno, Magik has never "bumped" into herself as far as I can tell. I suspect their might be a function of her power to sense and prevent this instance from occuring .
    ~ BlackJack ~

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Actually, I have wondered on occasion in recent years if multiple timelines have their own Limbo, hell, ect. It seems that there are other versions of Asgard, and therefore Hel, in those timelines. It doesn't make sense for other versions of Illyana to use a soul sword without having been to Limbo. Granted, I'm not sure how much the 'what if's' count and the only versions I know that used a real soul sword (not that beta circle thingie) were the Shattershot Illyana, and the one from the exiles Kulan Gath issues.

In the 80s I think we were meant to assume that there was only one Limbo and that the 616 Illyana was the only one to rule it. That's why Rachel Grey was so surprised to see a teenage Illyana in the past and why Belasco could interact with multiple timelines of X-Men. But now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Actually, I have wondered on occasion in recent years if multiple timelines have their own Limbo, hell, ect. It seems that there are other versions of Asgard, and therefore Hel, in those timelines. It doesn't make sense for other versions of Illyana to use a soul sword without having been to Limbo. Granted, I'm not sure how much the 'what if's' count and the only versions I know that used a real soul sword (not that beta circle thingie) were the Shattershot Illyana, and the one from the exiles Kulan Gath issues.

In the 80s I think we were meant to assume that there was only one Limbo and that the 616 Illyana was the only one to rule it. That's why Rachel Grey was so surprised to see a teenage Illyana in the past and why Belasco could interact with multiple timelines of X-Men. But now I'm not so sure.
    This is an interesting theory. Perhaps each timeline does have its own limbo.
    ~ BlackJack ~