Page 271 of 436 FirstFirst ... 171221261267268269270271272273274275281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 6538
  1. #4051
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,985

    Default

    X-Men: Magik the Game part 2.

    Illyana stands near the edge of a cliff on Utopia overlooking the ocean. Her eyes are closed. (In this time she's free. Free at last!!)

    A figure slowly flies slowly towards Illyana, carrying a large, open container of water. The figure stops over Illyana's head and smirks as she tips the container over.

    "Don't even think about it, Meggan." Illyana says, not moving her head or opening her eyes.

    Pixie pouts, lowering herself to the ground. "How come I can't sense people like you can?"

    "Experience."

    Pixie looks over the ocean. "Whatcha doing?"

    Illyana opens her eyes.

    "Today is the birthday of an old friend of mine. I like to be alone with my memories on this date."

    "Oh?" Pixie asks. "Who was your friend?"

    "Someone who died a long time ago."

    They stand silently for a few moments, then Pixie speaks again.

    "Isn't today Kitty Pryde's birthday?"

    Illyana begins to turn to walk away.

    "Yes. But she is alive and-"

    Illyana stops.

    "What is it?" Pixie asks.

    "Get out of here." Illyana says seriously.

    Pixie steps past Illyana to see what is going on. The apprentice is standing before them.

    "Who's that?"

    The apprentice raises his hand at Pixie contemptuously.

    "Insect."

    A blast of magical energy shoots out of his hand. Pixie covers her face, having no time to defend.

    The blast explodes in front of Pixie. She looks at Illyana, whose hand is also outstretched towards her.

    "Thanks."

    "I told you to get out of here."

    "Right."

    Pixie teleports away, leaving Illyana and the apprentice and Illyana alone.

    "Who are you?" Illyana asks.

    "I am here to kill you, Magik." he answers. "That is all you need to know."

    Illyana points her arm at the apprentice.

    "Then there's no more use in talking.__

    Boss fight. Illyana and the apprentice fight with long distance spells. Illyana only uses her weakest level of spells.___

    After the boss fight, both combatants are unharmed. The apprentice is nonplussed.

    "I'm disappointed. This is the sorceress who defeated Stephan Strange and even the lord Belasco?! Even the other Magik put up a better fight than you!"

    Illyana raises one eyebrow, then lowers her head. Her bangs obscure her eyes in shadows.

    "Of all the sorcerers I've fought, you have got to be the stupidist. Even Pixie would have noticed by now..."

    Illyana raises her right arm to gesture at something. The apprentice's eyes follow her arm until they widen with shock and horror.

    The X-Men have gathered in a line, ready for battle. Flying above them, Pixie gives a thumbs up.

    "...I've been stalling." Illyana finishes.

    Cyclops, the leader of the X-Men, steps forward, his hand on the side of his visor.

    "We can do this the easy way or the hard way, but you're coming with us, mister."

    Illyana, now behinf the apprentice to cut off his escape, begins to glow with a blueish aura.

    "I hope you choose the hard way." she says with venom.

    The apprentice continues to look back and forth between Illyana and Cyclops, unsure of what to do. Suddenly, his body begins to fade.

    "No! I can still win!" he yells as he disappears.

  2. #4052
    Space Monkey NielsVanEekelen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Nether Realms
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Before that she was the one most comfortable one bringing the subject up. "Yeah, my demon was hard to kill too." "Stop complaining, Kitty. At least you didn't spend half your life in a demonic Limbo." "I can do things, just like Peter." She was not about to go into specifics for obvious reasons (that last one is DEFINATELY before Claremont knew what he was going to do with her) but that doesn't sound like someone who's repressing anything.

    Freaking out at the sight of Belasco doesn't have to have anything to do with repressing or avoiding memories. Her freezing up when S'ym attacked was after she'd spent the whole day remembering what had happened over the seven years.
    I dunno--being glib about it can be just another defense mechanism. I think if anyone had actually probed for more details, the subject would have been changed so quick it seemed like magic.
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats!

  3. #4053
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NielsVanEekelen View Post
    I dunno--being glib about it can be just another defense mechanism. I think if anyone had actually probed for more details, the subject would have been changed so quick it seemed like magic.
    Xavier: "What sort of things?"

    Illyana: "Oh, things."

    Xaiver to himself. 'I should probably do something, probe deeper, find out what happened, but I don't really care.'

    Kitty was right. Xavier is a jerk.

    So what happened with Illyana in today's WATXM? I want full spoilers.

  4. #4054
    Pixel Silent Sigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My memory
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post

    So what happened with Illyana in today's WATXM? I want full spoilers.
    She used a spell to burn Iceman.

    Quire was hitting on her, she told him "I would tear you apart, little boy, like the bear does the baby goat"

    Illyana and Kitty completely ignored to each other.

    She looks beautiful in some panels, really beautiful n_n

  5. #4055
    Senior Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So what happened with Illyana in today's WATXM? I want full spoilers.
    What Silent Sigh said, but before burning Iceman, she said her demon friends from Limbo were wondering if he would feel pain while melting, except she vehemently didn't want anything to do with the demons anymore from New Mutants #28 (3rd series). Honestly, Jason Aaron needs to catch up on her recent developments.

  6. #4056
    Veteran Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    I think I kinda like Illyana and Quentin. I think she kinda needs an a-hole. I cant see her with a regular or sweet guy

  7. #4057
    Senior Member Maestro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So what happened with Illyana in today's WATXM? I want full spoilers.
    Quentin Quire asked Illyana out on a date, and she did NOT say no.

  8. #4058
    Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,187

    Default

    Magik is dominating the X-Books. The only character really worth caring about right now. She also gets name-checked in JIM (New Mutants crossover Exiled), Doug's channelling her.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

  9. #4059
    Senior Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
    Quentin Quire asked Illyana out on a date, and she did NOT say no.
    Yeah, she didn't say "no", but her response of "ripping him apart" is more negative than that.


    Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Magik is dominating the X-Books.
    If that happens, there's a great chance of her recent developments going down the drain. I mean, how many writers are aware about her recent developments and current status quo?
    Last edited by 244; 05-09-2012 at 05:44 PM.

  10. #4060
    Pixel Silent Sigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My memory
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think I kinda like Illyana and Quentin. I think she kinda needs an a-hole. I cant see her with a regular or sweet guy
    He is too young for her. She is like 21 years old.

    Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Magik is dominating the X-Books. The only character really worth caring about right now. She also gets name-checked in JIM (New Mutants crossover Exiled), Doug's channelling her.
    I loved that scene, I hope she does a cameo.

    Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I mean, how many writers are aware about her recent developments and current status quo?
    Why wouldn't she able to use the demons of Limbo, becoming into Darkchilde, been manipulative and menacing just because she got the majority of her soul back?
    She has good intentions but that's her personality, she can't suddenly stop being the Illyana we all know (and I personally love).

  11. #4061
    Senior Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Sigh View Post
    Why wouldn't she able to use the demons of Limbo, becoming into Darkchilde, been manipulative and menacing just because she got the majority of her soul back?
    She has good intentions but that's her personality, she can't suddenly stop being the Illyana we all know (and I personally love).
    Bottom line is her "anti-hero" attitude is not truly "her" but is linked to her own demonic possession. Kieron Gillen has made it explicit that regaining most of her soul means a different person. A person's soul is a person, not the amount of goodness, but the "real" Illyana isn't truly an anti-hero. Colossus' problem of struggling with the demon within him (Cyttorak's influences) is the same as his sister has went through (Belasco's influences) minus the soul theft part. I mean really, Magik has been demonically inclined for too long, and now that she's completed with her unfinished business and has closure, I think it's fair for the "real" Illyana to truly return.
    Last edited by 244; 05-09-2012 at 07:09 PM.

  12. #4062
    Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Sigh View Post
    I loved that scene, I hope she does a cameo.
    They're building to it but sadly I doubt it'll happen. Love your avatar btw.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

  13. #4063
    The Hot Priest returns Twisted Bliss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Bottom line is her "anti-hero" attitude is not truly "her" but is linked to her own demonic possession. Kieron Gillen has made it explicit that regaining most of her soul means a different person. A person's soul is a person, not the amount of goodness, but the "real" Illyana isn't truly an anti-hero. Colossus' problem of struggling with the demon within him (Cyttorak's influences) is the same as his sister has went through (Belasco's influences) minus the soul theft part. I mean really, Magik has been demonically inclined for too long, and now that she's completed with her unfinished business and has closure, I think it's fair for the "real" Illyana to truly return.

    Totally disagree with YOUR INTERPRETATION. But it's interesting to hear your views on how YOU perceive Illyana is and should become.

    To me Illyana is inextricably linked to Limbo, which in of itself was tainted by Belasco all those years ago and that evil quality still remains as Limbo reflects its master. When Illyana originally wrested control of Limbo she had some of her soul, the others had been torn away to create the bloodstone and another portion she forged into her Soulsword. Important point to note is that whilst she was demonic she had portions of her soul.

    Now Illyana has regained some portions of her soul but the soulsword exists and the corrution remains. Therefore the corruption in Limbo and in her still remains as before. Besides the fact that evil/darkness can exist within individuals regardless of the percentage of soul they possess (look at most Marvel bad guys)

    I note that you are passionate in how you perceive Illyana to be but you seem to consistently work on the premise yours is the only interpretation.*Besides which her story is one of tragedy, take that away from her and your in danger of destroying the qualities that make that character likeable and unique.

    The whole bloodstone elder god angle needed to be resolved and it has been but that doesn't mean Illyana is untainted, she still has the magicks and limbo. She still has darkness on her. She is now more like the original Magik rather than the soulless husk she was when she was reintroduced.
    Last edited by Twisted Bliss; 05-10-2012 at 12:50 AM.

  14. #4064
    Senior Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Bliss View Post
    Totally disagree with YOUR INTERPRETATION. But it's interesting to hear your views on how YOU perceive Illyana is and should become.

    To me Illyana is inextricably linked to Limbo, which in of itself was tainted by Belasco all those years ago and that evil quality still remains as Limbo reflects its master. When Illyana originally wrested control of Limbo she had some of her soul, the others had been torn away to create the bloodstone and another portion she forged into her Soulsword. Important point to note is that whilst she was demonic she had portions of her soul.

    Now Illyana has regained SOME but NOT ALL of her soul. Therefore the corruption in Limbo and in her still remains as before. Besides the fact that evil/darkness can exist within individuals regardless of the percentage of soul they possess (look at most Marvel bad guys)

    I note that you are passionate in how you perceive Illyana to be but you seem to consistently work on the premise yours is the only interpretation.*Besides which her story is one of tragedy, take that away from her and your in danger of destroying the qualities that make that character likeable and unique.

    The whole bloodstone elder god angle needed to be resolved and it has been but that doesn't mean Illyana is untainted, she still has the magicks and limbo. She still has darkness on her. She is now more like the original Magik rather than the soulless husk she was when she was reintroduced.
    Silent Sigh and I are just having a normal debate, that's all. If Magik does become the Darkchilde from Kieron Gillen's UXN run, I'd accept it because she's the core character in that book.

  15. #4065
    Veteran Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Sigh View Post
    He is too young for her. She is like 21 years old.
    and he's like 18-19. Theres really not that big of a difference and its not like she'd be a cougar

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •