Page 263 of 436 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273313363 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 6538

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Personally, I don't think it's a good idea for Magik to make other appearances at this point because even though she's behaving differently than before from UXN (despite her dialogue being limited but her facial expressions show characterization), she still has the reputation of being a demon sorceress.
    Except Magik IS a demon sorceress. Regardless of how much of her soul has been restored, Illyana still wields dark magicks and is ruler of a demonic realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchylde View Post
    Except Magik IS a demon sorceress. Regardless of how much of her soul has been restored, Illyana still wields dark magicks and is ruler of a demonic realm.
    She no longer rules limbo, except uses it for teleportation and other specific means. She's the "ex-queen of the demonic realm" as said from the character captions from UXN #1 (3rd series). As for being a demon, that's still debatable.

It isn't a good idea for Magik to appear in other comics? Why?

I love how, in five or so years, she's gone from limbo (not our kind) to a big return to a mini-event to a big role in the New Mutants relaunch to joining the team of the flagship title to being featured in a huge Marvel crossover.

I think it is a great time to be a fan of this character. We should be careful about "fan ownership". We may not like what writers decide to do with characters, but the characters do not belong to us.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    It isn't a good idea for Magik to appear in other comics? Why?

I love how, in five or so years, she's gone from limbo (not our kind) to a big return to a mini-event to a big role in the New Mutants relaunch to joining the team of the flagship title to being featured in a huge Marvel crossover.

I think it is a great time to be a fan of this character. We should be careful about "fan ownership". We may not like what writers decide to do with characters, but the characters do not belong to us.
    What I mean about not a good idea about Magik making other appearances from other comics (and I mean at this point) is just my personal opinion and I was referring about the post "Fall/Rise of the New Mutants" Magik. What bothers me is that either some writers ignore continuity or doesn't get the memo about certain characters recent developments. I'm just a fan like everyone else.
    Last edited by 244; 04-26-2012 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    What I mean about not a good idea about Magik making other appearances from other comics (and I mean at this point) is just my personal opinion and I was referring about the post "Fall/Rise of the New Mutants" Magik. What bothers me is that either some writers ignore continuity or doesn't get the memo about certain characters recent developments. I'm just a fan like everyone else.
    You are a wonderful fan! Trust!

Again, the only thing we've learned about Magik is that she has much of her soul back. That's all we know. She hasn't hoofed out since joining Uncanny, but that doesn't mean she can't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    You are a wonderful fan! Trust!
    Awww, I like you already.

Looks like Doc Strange is alive and well. How did he get out of Limbo? Magik also seemed to know that Colossus was ko'ed. I also see the Colossus is fighting Spider-man, I am assuming he gets to that location via Illyana. Shouldn't the Soul Sword wreck Strange? I will be sorely disappointed if Strange is able to defeat Magik in Limbo of all places. What do you guys think happend?

Fact: Illyana is sorceress supreme of Limbo. Her magical powers are tied to that of an otherworldly demon dimension.
    Fact: Illyana has reaquired MOST of her soul. What's been done with those pieces has yet to be officially revealed.
    Fact: Illyana has expressed a desire, whether true or false, to lead a normal life.
    Fact: Illyana is the ex-queen, de facto ruler of Limbo. Just because the President of the U.S. is spending all his time in China, doesn't mean he isn't president anymore, at least not until a new election takes place.
    Fact: Illyana is friggin awesome.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Fact: Illyana is sorceress supreme of Limbo. Her magical powers are tied to that of an otherworldly demon dimension.
    Fact: Illyana has reaquired MOST of her soul. What's been done with those pieces has yet to be officially revealed.
    Fact: Illyana has expressed a desire, whether true or false, to lead a normal life.
    Fact: Illyana is the ex-queen, de facto ruler of Limbo. Just because the President of the U.S. is spending all his time in China, doesn't mean he isn't president anymore, at least not until a new election takes place.
    Fact: IA with everything you just stated! I really wish she would get a mini later on this year dealing with most of this. Actually not to much dealing with Limbo (I mean it will have to to a small degree but I dont want it heavily based like X-Infernus and Hellbound). Id love it to be focused on her desire to lead a normal (well relatively) life and highlight she as a solo hero. Maybe something happens to the Extinction team and she has to save the day by herself. It will reveal that her "imprisonment" is only valid bc she allows them to cage her but she can leave and teleport at free will without any consequence. Id love to see her take advantage of this loophole, save the day and finally prove herself to Scott that she has changed

HOPEFULLY....

UXM#12 will mirror this previous issue, in format.
    Namor vs Thing is clearly a focal point, as solicited, but it would be outstanding to get a similiar internal monologue styled introspective to the Emma Frost vs. Tony Stark and especially the MAGIK VS. DOCTOR STRANGE!
    I crave internal monolouge from Illyana. It would be a hugely welcome and informative narrative !!!
    cpjudd.com

Always with the understatements, huh?
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats!

HOPEFULLY....

UXM#12 will mirror this previous issue, in format.
    Namor vs Thing is clearly a focal point, as solicited, but it would be outstanding to get a similiar internal monologue styled introspective to the Emma Frost vs. Tony Stark and especially the MAGIK VS. DOCTOR STRANGE!
    I crave internal monolouge from Illyana. It would be a hugely welcome and informative narrative !!!
    Oh yes. I would love to see even Gillen manage to find a way to explain why Emma had to run outside into Iron Ass's trap to use her technology. Because if you're gonna run, you're certainly not gonna run towards the handy device that boosts your powers a zillion times. *eyeroll*
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats!

Quote Originally Posted by NielsVanEekelen View Post
    Oh yes. I would love to see even Gillen manage to find a way to explain why Emma had to run outside into Iron Ass's trap to use her technology. Because if you're gonna run, you're certainly not gonna run towards the handy device that boosts your powers a zillion times. *eyeroll*
    Here's a question -- and I hate being the guy that questions every little detail in comics but this is friggin AvX so my nerdbias takes over full steam -- WHY did Emma wait?
    I mean.....what's the deal with her calling out to Scott to fall back, and she'll "end this" telepathically? When I ask why did she wait, I mean why did she wait till she got outside? What's with the sudden need for proximity?

Okay, okay, those bots of his were "breathed" in (right?) and likely deployed the minute they descended to Utopia, if not sooner (buncha dicks) but...
    Okay I guess I answered my own nerd ranting. It wouldn't have made a difference. Bah.
    cpjudd.com

I guess if you send out a wide telepathic blast rather than targeting a specific person (and there were too many damn Avengers there to seek out each target individually, perhaps), it helps if your allies aren't mixed in. But, all the more reason to use a computer that helps you sort out the mutant minds from all the rest.

Big reveal, everyone......

Captain America's shield is mystic in nature! Magik proves it. Peak human my hoof!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=1335563995