Page 217 of 435 FirstFirst ... 117167207213214215216217218219220221227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 6516
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Why is that?
    Because they sucked. And that mini was the worst part of Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by GambitXRemy View Post
    Ya but didn't they have a deeper connection to each other... i
    In the mutants in Asgard storyline, Kitty (in Westchester) was hit with some sort of psychic SOS message from Illyana (in Asgard) that Rachel guessed was possible because Kitty and Illyana shared a bond like identical twins.

Kitty's bullet-time and Illyana's limbo-siesta seems to have completely severed that bond.

It appears that the "Rasputin Piggyback" is on its way to becoming an official attack.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It appears that the "Rasputin Piggyback" is on its way to becoming an official attack.
    Hah...yeah it is cute.

Also, Magik is continuing to get votes on the female solo poll in the Marvel forums! She is doing quite well. Of course, she likely won't rank along Ms. Marvel, but she might catch up to Spiderwoman!

There is another thread going on about derivative characters. I brought up Magik. Like many ladies in the X-Teams, she is not a derivative of another character. But some characters have subtly become at least partial derivatives of her. When Amanda Sefton took the Magik title, she was somewhat of a legacy character. Pixie's new powers are very derivative of Magik. There are few examples where this happens with characters outside Captain America and Spiderman....pretty cool.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

HOLY F$@%@SH!#!!!!!
    I'm dying. I'm gonna wind up living on the street in a box, but I'm GOING to OWN this! Oh. My. God.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo.a...yana.jpg&text=

Last edited by yanapryde; 11-29-2011 at 05:01 AM.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    HOLY F$@%@SH!#!!!!!
    I'm dying. I'm gonna wind up living on the street in a box, but I'm GOING to OWN this! Oh. My. God.

Makes you wonder what's going on when her concentration is not on the demons pulling her into the portal.

HOLY F$@%@SH!#!!!!!

Magik should look great next to Sideshow's Darkchilde statue scheduled for next April.

Looking at her armored arm next to Colossus' steel, brings up the question of what her armor is now supposed to represent. Maybe it's now just a mutation related to her brother's, but in the original story her armor eventually grew to encase her entire body as the Darkchilde persona took over.

Oh! There you are!?! KittyPryde's Avatar

Sideshow already has the Colossus portion up for pre-order. Anybody know when the Magik portion goes up? I SOOOOOO want to get one (didn't want the Apr-12 Darkchilde version that badly; but I LOVE this version)
    Quote Originally Posted by The White-Spider View Post
    ...You're like the Wendy to our pirate battling lost boys. Genteel enough to bring an air of sophistication to our character wars, nice enough to set an example for forging alliances, and tough enough to kick butt when the situation demands.
    "Professor Xavier is a jerk!"
    http://mvn.com/nhl-thrashers/

That is a great figure, I must say.

Is an image available for the Darkchylde figure?

Oh! There you are!?! KittyPryde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    Is an image available for the Darkchylde figure?
    But of course!

Quote Originally Posted by The White-Spider View Post
    ...You're like the Wendy to our pirate battling lost boys. Genteel enough to bring an air of sophistication to our character wars, nice enough to set an example for forging alliances, and tough enough to kick butt when the situation demands.
    "Professor Xavier is a jerk!"
    http://mvn.com/nhl-thrashers/

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Looking at her armored arm next to Colossus' steel, brings up the question of what her armor is now supposed to represent. Maybe it's now just a mutation related to her brother's, but in the original story her armor eventually grew to encase her entire body as the Darkchilde persona took over.
    Her armor is from the soulsword. It usually accompanies with it whenever she uses the sword with the exception during Zeb Wells' run of New Mutants.
    Last edited by 244; 11-29-2011 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks for the image KittyPryde. Are these by the same maker? The work is exceptional.

Are any of you feeling sappy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7pr7wjML18

Who knows, maybe one of you made it. There are even a few images I hadn't seen until now.

Also, has anyone seen this image? It is by Phil Jimenez, a well-known comic artist (New X-Men with Grant Morrison, Wonder Woman,Astonishing X-Men) who has expressed his love for Magik on many occasions. He says that she was his favorite of the New Mutants. Check it out...I think it is one of the best renderings of her.

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryp...25&gsub=113611
    Last edited by MuhollandDriver; 11-29-2011 at 10:10 PM.

Default Stepping Disc Aesthetics

Pacheco's stepping discs. Am I alone?
    Does anyone else prefer the standard glowing "light circles" of yesteryear? These snap, crackle, BLAM, portal-looking things just aren't for me.

If they have to be 'pazzazzed', I'd rather they went with the flaming circles, like Arthur Adams did during their trip to Asgard, etc.

Discuss.
    cpjudd.com

Pacheco's stepping discs. Am I alone?
    Does anyone else prefer the standard glowing "light circles" of yesteryear? These snap, crackle, BLAM, portal-looking things just aren't for me.

If they have to be 'pazzazzed', I'd rather they went with the flaming circles, like Arthur Adams did during their trip to Asgard, etc.

Discuss.
    What I dislike is that they're a reminder that MAGIK isn't using any MAGIC.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    Thanks for the image KittyPryde. Are these by the same maker? The work is exceptional.

Are any of you feeling sappy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7pr7wjML18

Who knows, maybe one of you made it. There are even a few images I hadn't seen until now.
    I hope no one here made that. The song has nothing to do with the character and the images are random.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    What I dislike is that they're a reminder that MAGIK isn't using any MAGIC..
    Well...it is her mutant talent that allows her to manipulate the discs. Not her magical talents.

Although, given that the stepping discs are magical themselves, perhaps you have a point.

I dunno.
    I still prefer the cleaner visual.
    cpjudd.com