Page 4 of 436 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Okay so I JUST bought an issue of New Mutants I wasn't aware of.
    Its a Giant sized Annual ...#3?

Its got Warlock fighting some alien guy on the cover.
    Anyhow... it has some great Magik moments.
    I love how when she fights someone, she underminds them by calling them 'cutie' before striking sometimes. Like how she does when she fights the Black Knight in the danger room.
    She's got a lot of great teleporting maneuvers in this issue. Alan Davis is the artist.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Was just going through all my old comics, looking for some good scenes of Illyana. Got sidetracked when I stumbled across Wolverine #75. It, ahem, had a hologram cover. Mmm shiny.

Anyways, after reading it I realised I'd totally forgotten that when Wolverine was hovering on the brink of death, Illyana had appeared to him and tried to take him into the light. And you know what stopped him? Jean Grey..

So, clear indisputable proof that Illyana Rasputin > Jean
    Last edited by Will '85; 02-04-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will '85 View Post
    Was just going through all my old comics, looking for some good scenes of Illyana. Got sidetracked when I stumbled across Wolverine #75. It, ahem, had a hologram cover. Mmm shiny.

Anyways, after reading it I realised I'd totally forgotten that when Wolverine was hovering on the brink of death, Illyana had appeared to him and tried to take him into the light. And you know what stopped him? Jean Grey..

i like them both

DARKCHILDE VS PHOENIX that would be a good fight!
    Wolvie616 is Mozambiquey

Yana!

This thread needs images in the opening post.

I demand it!

please.
    Currently Reading:
    Buffy Daredevil Captain Marvel X-Men Ms Marvel GoG Black Science Manhattan Projects

Quote Originally Posted by wolvie616 View Post
    i like them both

DARKCHILDE VS PHOENIX that would be a good fight!
    Maybe.. she's supposed to be at least as powerful as Belasco. And Belasco managed to counter some of the collateral damage from when Strange and Shuma Gorath duked it out. That's messing with some high end reality altering magic right there.

These news have me distraught. As I enjoy both Illyana and Jean Grey a great deal. I guess nobody's perfect, not even Jean. She should've minded her own business and let Illyana do has need be. Illyana was clearly the better person in this over Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinRedmond View Post
    These news have me distraught. As I enjoy both Illyana and Jean Grey a great deal. I guess nobody's perfect, not even Jean. She should've minded her own business and let Illyana do has need be. Illyana was clearly the better person in this over Jean.
    To make matters worse, Jean was in mortal danger, and Wolverine saved her.

Loose translation of events: "Logan, you are so the man. You came back from death, just to save little old me. /Swoon"

Edit- It's like, well you know Scott didn't save you when you died on the shuttle, but I saved you when you nearly died on the Blackbird /flex.

Then again, Hama was notorious for fan-wanking characters. I've heard the phrase, oh that run was Hama'd a few times!
    Last edited by Will '85; 02-04-2009 at 06:57 PM.

cpjudd.com

My girl with her crew, giving a good glare like she does
    cpjudd.com

Aaaaand her she is being the ENFORCER of the New Mutants, alongside big Bro Big "C" and little Sir-cuts-a-lot Wolvie.
    cpjudd.com

yes i remember that annual....Chris Claremont at his best..the alien being is Impossible Man...i remember him in Silver Surfer comics also.

i loved how the New Mutants defeated the adolescent Avengers in creative ways....Illyana teleporting on the Black Knight....it was great!
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

Ah, of course! I'd seen Illyana listed as appearing in that issue, but couldn't remember how--but that rings a bell.
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats!

Exclamation Discipline~

Illyana and Double Standards

Illyana mistreats Rhane Sinclair, but that's what HAS TO BE DONE!!! >:l

Illyana gets mistreated, however, it has to turn into a big drama production.

awwww
    criticizing someone's behavior whose only got two fifths of their soul?
    she's bound to have more temper tantrums than your average teen and make a few dozen improper decisions here and there

I defend you till my last breath Illyana!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Illyana_Rasputin__Magik_by_selderaya.jpg  
    cpjudd.com

Pff Rahne took it much better. Little snowflake reminds us all she still puts the "Princess" into DemonicPrincess.