Page 361 of 435 FirstFirst ... 261311351357358359360361362363364365371411 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 6516

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Sigh View Post

I LOVE the costume, can't wait to have the 4th issue in my hands.

The costume (even the HUGE sword) are growing on me. Reminds me a bit of what Boom Boom wore for Counter-X X-Force and I wouldn't mind if Illyana adopted a bitof the leather strip cape action that Tabitha had with her gear. Shades of Rachel's dreaded "turkey" duster perhaps....

So where do you think Bendis is going w/ this? ( I love that Emma and Scott are craping in their pants at that sight) Like another poster said all you need is Thor or the Surfer at her feet ko'ed and this would be gold. She's all grown up and is about to kick serious a... as an A lister. (hopefully)

Illyana turns into a full blown villain? Unstable powerhouse who eventually needs to get put down (sentry/wanda) Just an amp into one of the premier powerhouses for the x-men? (Thor/Doc Strange) I mean she has always been a powerhouse but then again you can't have every battle in Limbo in a comic book...

Any other bets on where Bendis will take Magik during his run on her? (Big time jobber?) lol see Thor, Rulk and Strange in later avengers books..

I have to admit I can't wait to see where he is going with this. I need my uncanny x-men now. Since her return Illyana has been gold (new mutants/extinction team) Don't drop the ball B...
    Last edited by chisob; 02-02-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Turning her into a villain would be so lazy. She has no reason to be one.
    [x]

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    Yup, that's the last thing I want to happen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chisob View Post
    Yup, that's the last thing I want to happen as well.
    Go ask Scarlet Witch fans how they feel about BMB.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Is that snow on the ground? If yes, my how little snowflake has grown. ;)

Gah! I can't tell if I like or dislike CB's art. Where will BB's diatribe go in those panels?

And I'm callin' it now. She and her brother will meet up sooner than later. There will be a reckoning (one way or another).
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    I'm hoping Illyana is just popping in to deliver a message in her unique style and the reaction from Scott and Emma has more to to with the message and not the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    I'm hoping Illyana is just popping in to deliver a message in her unique style and the reaction from Scott and Emma has more to to with the message and not the messenger.
    Aw c'mon, our Lil Black Snowflake could deliver the message that breakfast is served (pancakes and maple syrup!) and find a way to make it creepy as all get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Aw c'mon, our Lil Black Snowflake could deliver the message that breakfast is served (pancakes and maple syrup!) and find a way to make it creepy as all get out.
    HA! This is very, very true.

Also? Going the villain route? Eh....I gotta agree with lazy and repetative. Prior to her recent family-falling-out, that was her big story arc: Betraying the X-Men.
    She manipulated all of them to accomplish their goals and risked all of reality in the process. And she got locked up.

I'm all for dancing around on the morality line and swinging those hotpants'ed hips from side to morally gray side, but if we're to expect her to become the next big obstacle for the Uncanny team? I'd rather not. Being in the spotlight is a double edged sword. And in this instance, its the size of a surfboard.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Magik did learn under one of the best villains to do it Magneto, as much as I liked Gillen run hopeful BMB show more of Magneto and Illyana relationship.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Quote Originally Posted by timeismoney View Post
    Magik did learn under one of the best villains to do it Magneto, as much as I liked Gillen run hopeful BMB show more of Magneto and Illyana relationship.
    He did call her "Dear Magik".
    "That's a very nice school you have here, it'd be a shame if someone dropped some Sentinels on it"

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Kind of a random thought. I'm in a Tolkien mood since I finally saw The Hobbit.

How do you think Illyana would fare in Middle Earth, where there are wizards, Balrogs, Nazgul, dragons, and the dark lords Morgoth and Sauron? Her demon armies are easily a match for Sauron's and possibly Morgoth's, but on an individual level it's harder to say. I think she'd wipe the floor with either white wizard.

Meh the problem with magic users in LOTR is they are extremely limited most of the time. Also magic works different you can not just throw a fire ball at someone you got to manipulate nature to do it.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

I remember a poster pointing out some of the problems with magic in the marvel universe, on how it's being used as a loophole and a "paintbrush" instead of following the general rules. If the reason why Magik hasn't been crippled by the after-effects of the phoenix force, it may have to do because she's magical? If that's the case, I'm out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    But then it wouldn't be dramatic enough in terms of narrative.
    Last edited by 244; 02-04-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Props to Bendis for doing his homework.

Marvel.com: When you look at the people that Cyclops has surrounded himself with, you have Magneto and Emma Frost who both have a history of being villains. You also have Magik, who half the time looks pretty demonic.

Brian Michael Bendis: She’s had her stumbles as well. I just spent the entire last month reading every page of comic books that she’s ever appeared on.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/20057/t...#ixzz2JyLCGcSK