Page 360 of 435 FirstFirst ... 260310350356357358359360361362363364370410 ... LastLast
Results 5,386 to 5,400 of 6512
  1. #5386
    Pixel Silent Sigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My memory
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drax1981 View Post
    Attachment 107590

    Please welcome Magik's newest and highest-profile fan to date: Michelle Obama!
    What?

    Please, explain.

  2. #5387
    Pixel Silent Sigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My memory
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Uncanny X-Men #1 Gabriele Dell'Otto variant
    Attachment 107627
    I love Dell'Otto's art, but I don't like this cover :/

  3. #5388
    Space Monkey NielsVanEekelen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Nether Realms
    Posts
    1,457

    Default

    The new costume got me thinking--despite all her protests since her return that she wasn't Piotr's little snowflake anymore, some part of her still seemed to cling to the innocent-little-girl look. Now that she's finally managed to cut her brother loose from his delusions, it is as if she cut herself free as well.

    I think that--like Piotr--Illyana kept clinging to who she used to be and wished she still was, even though she was continuously aware of her fall from innocence. Now she's showing a darker, wilder side, but perhaps this is a positive step for her. She's let go of the past and can finally work on who she is going to be in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Sigh View Post
    What?

    Please, explain.
    It's a joke about the haircut, people.
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats!

  4. #5389
    Senior Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NielsVanEekelen View Post
    The new costume got me thinking--despite all her protests since her return that she wasn't Piotr's little snowflake anymore, some part of her still seemed to cling to the innocent-little-girl look. Now that she's finally managed to cut her brother loose from his delusions, it is as if she cut herself free as well.

    I think that--like Piotr--Illyana kept clinging to who she used to be and wished she still was, even though she was continuously aware of her fall from innocence. Now she's showing a darker, wilder side, but perhaps this is a positive step for her. She's let go of the past and can finally work on who she is going to be in the future.
    I'd like to think that the current Illyana is the character that gave up hope in trying to move on to something positive and letting her past mistakes define who she is. If she keeps it up, she'll destroy herself.

  5. #5390
    I'm a male DebkoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    16,904

    Default

    I'd like to see her character move on.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

  6. #5391
    I just want to hit #$%& Sanji's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'd like to see her character move on.
    From what? She's completely baggage-free.
    [x]

  7. #5392
    Senior Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    From what? She's completely baggage-free.
    UXN #18 and #20 says otherwise. Just because she says Colossus shouldn't bother with her anymore doesn't mean it's true. She's in a position which she really does need help right now. I feel she's in the same boat as Idie Okonkwo in terms of self-esteem issues.
    Last edited by 244; 01-25-2013 at 12:27 PM.

  8. #5393
    Senior Member Rickbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,271

    Default

    I'm inclined to agree with Sanji. If she really wanted Piotr to try and hang around she wouldn't have burned him to such a degree. Illyana wants to do her own thing.

  9. #5394
    I just want to hit #$%& Sanji's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    5,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I feel she's in the same boat as Idie Okonkwo in terms of self-esteem issues.
    Idie thinks she's a monster beacuse of her religious brainwashing; Magik thinks she's a monster because she is. She's understood, accepted and embraced who she is.
    [x]

  10. #5395
    Senior Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rickbarry View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with Sanji. If she really wanted Piotr to try and hang around she wouldn't have burned him to such a degree. Illyana wants to do her own thing.
    I guess I phrased it wrongly: she does need help but she feels Colossus shouldn't bother with her anymore and is better off alone, probably because she feels irredeemable. Now Colossus is in the same position as well.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sanji View Post
    Idie thinks she's a monster beacuse of her religious brainwashing; Magik thinks she's a monster because she is. She's understood, accepted and embraced who she is.
    I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.
    Last edited by 244; 01-25-2013 at 06:50 PM.

  11. #5396
    Pixel Silent Sigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    My memory
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Guys, do you miss those days when you could see Illyana making cameos in a lot of titles?

    I do u.u

  12. #5397
    Cyclops was right! The Avenging X-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    769

    Default

    I love looking up art for Magik, It's interesting how nice art on Magic characters are.



    Blue Team

  13. #5398
    Cyclops was right! The Avenging X-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    769

    Default


    I found a colored version of the one above
    Blue Team

  14. #5399
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,985

    Default

    Has anyone seen the newest preview for Uncanny 2? First of all the art is horrible. Illyana looks Chinese in the panels that are closeups and the costume doesn't look good in the other panels. But aside from that, she's standing over Scott and Emma, surrounded by lightning, and seems to be freaking the pair out. Even without any dialogue it looks a lot more like the Yana Gillen wrote than the 'schoolgirl' dialogue Bendis had her use in ANXM.

  15. #5400
    Senior Member 244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    I know that Bendis' plans for Illyana is different but I see Illyana is taking the same rout Robbie Baldwin (Speedball) took when he became Penance.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •