Page 345 of 435 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 6521

I can forgive it. he needed some dialogue that wasn't coming from a detached eccentric for the scene and Emma wasn't around yet. Also weapon X as new xaviers, wolverine trolling continues.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

So with her exposure and subsequent increased popularity this year, is there now a chance Illyana could show up in the X-Men film franchise where there wasn't before?

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So with her exposure and subsequent increased popularity this year, is there now a chance Illyana could show up in the X-Men film franchise where there wasn't before?
    I doubt they'd have the time to include Illyana in the main X-men movie franchise - there's just so many mutants and iconic stories to cover.

However! Fox did heavily hint that they were very much aware of the appeal of some spin-off titles...particularly the New Mutants. I think Magik would make a fantastic central character for their movie - she's the type of tragic character that if cast well has a huge cinematic appeal, imo. Use the original Inferno as the plot, and BAM. Guaranteed success.

Granted, we were supposed to hear about this movie by now - but they might be waiting to see how DoFP does before trying to expand on the X-line.
    sunspot. magik. magma. kid loki. kitty. karma. frost.
    Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    I doubt they'd have the time to include Illyana in the main X-men movie franchise - there's just so many mutants and iconic stories to cover.
    In the last movie, they had Harpoon, Angel Salvadore and Darwin as featuring characters. I honestly think Magik might work, especially in a futuristic setting like in DoFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Mind View Post
    In the last movie, they had Harpoon, Angel Salvadore and Darwin as featuring characters. I honestly think Magik might work, especially in a futuristic setting like in DoFP.
    You mean they had Darwin, Angel Salvadore, and Harpoon as unremarkable, replaceable backup wallpaper? The only mutants of importance in that movie were Charles, Xavier, Shaw, and to a lesser degree, Mystique. Everyone else was dispensable. 'Cause if you just want her to show up, sure, she can, but I don't expect her to have a role in DoFP.
    sunspot. magik. magma. kid loki. kitty. karma. frost.
    Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    You mean they had Darwin, Angel Salvadore, and Harpoon as unremarkable, replaceable backup wallpaper? The only mutants of importance in that movie were Charles, Xavier, Shaw, and to a lesser degree, Mystique. Everyone else was dispensable. 'Cause if you just want her to show up, sure, she can, but I don't expect her to have a role in DoFP.
    You talked about "including" her in the franchise, which I think could be entirely possible. Likely, even.
    Expecting her to have a central role in a movie is not realistic. I was thinking something along the line of Banshee/Havok, I'd be fine with that.

If Magik was to be in an X-men movie franchise, she may not retain her mystical might, and the reason I said that is because it may not work in a movie setting, particularly in a sci-fi genre, but she can still retain her stepping discs. If she did retain her mystical might, her story would have to expand on it and make it her own separate thing. This is from my own point of view.

Amanda Seyfriend FTW!.....

...y'know. IF they were to cast someone to play Illyana in the Days of the Future Past, x-flick.
    She is gorgeous and plays emotionally unstable so well.

Also?
    It sounds like spoilers:
    Illyana is the only one to have received a power UPgrade, in ANXM#3, rather than being impeded/neutered/fecked with, like Cyke, Emma and Mags.
    end of spoilers
    Very interesting....but, it will likely prove problematic/bothersome later on.
    Last edited by yanapryde; 12-05-2012 at 06:48 AM.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

What exactly does her 'upgrade' mean? I'm pretty sure she could do that before.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    What exactly does her 'upgrade' mean? I'm pretty sure she could do that before.
    Yea, I dunno. I'm just going off what the rest of CBR is saying. heh.
    Anyone with a scan?
    cpjudd.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post

Amanda Seyfriend FTW!.....

...y'know. IF they were to cast someone to play Illyana in the Days of the Future Past, x-flick.
    She is gorgeous and plays emotionally unstable so well.

Also?
    It sounds like spoilers:
    Illyana is the only one to have received a power UPgrade, in ANXM#3, rather than being impeded/neutered/fecked with, like Cyke, Emma and Mags.
    end of spoilers
    Very interesting....but, it will likely prove problematic/bothersome later on.
    \

And what kind of upgrade did she get? She said they were working a little bit better than before, but what exactly?
    Last edited by tlauderdale21; 12-05-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Amanda is perfect as Magik.
    And what kind of upgrade did she get? She said they were working a little bit better than before, but what exactly?
    She said she can conjure energy from Limbo now. I'm not sure what this means except from having a flashy arm. I do love that everybody's screwd but her. She still sounded terrible. I'm only forgiving it because he's new and it may take a couple of issues to get the characters' voices, but he'd better work fast. Illyana and Emma were terrible.
    [x]

I hope her new power level means we shall see more of Magik kicking ass.

Illyana's dialogue in ANXM#3 is perfectly acceptable -- the opening scene at the abandoned WeaponX facility, notwithstanding.

Everything after that is just ....well, "yummy".
    cpjudd.com

Maybe Illyana's powers were originally messed up, but she just fixed them with her magic and didn't tell anyone so she could lord it over the rest of them.