Page 344 of 435 FirstFirst ... 244294334340341342343344345346347348354394 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 6516

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Sigh View Post
    Wow, I love it, I love all your illustrations, yanapryde, I remember a slightly different version, are you planning to give color to the other one? Namor looks so cute in the other one.

You should post it on Gillen's formspring.
    Thank you so much, S.S.
    This would be the updated version. I made some alterations and preferred this one so much that I colored it.
    I sent a copy of the team to Mr.Gillen as a personal "thank you" for doing such a tremendous job.
    Hopefully he likes it and views it as the flattery/appreciation its intended to be.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Kevin Wada paints lil snowflake

I don't know if she's angry or scared. I'm leaning on angry.
    White tail is a nice esoteric touch.
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Prepare for Conclusion Jumping based solely on the very, very, brief dialogue our girl gets in All New X-Men #3....but....

Bendis seems to, possibly, have chosen to use "young" and "blonde" as his character focal points in finding Miss Rasputin's "voice".

Her reaction to Scott's decision to take up residence in the ruins of a Weapon X facility is....unfavorable, imho.
    She seems to hesitate with her speaking, pausing uncharacteristically, and expresses concern about these new living conditions, adopting the use of coloquialisms that seem....out of place, given her current status quo.

Hmmf.
    Yes. Conclusions officially jumped, hurdled, passed and awaiting further conslusions.....
    cpjudd.com

That image was fantastic, Yanapryde! Also, I agree with you. My initial reaction to the preview was an arched brow and a 'really?' too. Which sucks, because I almost forgot who was writing it, due to how okay ANXM 1 was and how excited I was at the prospect of the New Xavier school.

Uuugh. Illyana's going to not only lose her distinct voice (like Beast and Storm) but he's going to 'youth' her up, isn't he? Haver her act as the 'young, impressionable foil' to the old dogs in Magneto and Summers. Bleh.
    sunspot. magik. magma. kid loki. kitty. karma. frost.
    Deviantart

I'm not happy about it either, but it's just a page, I'll try to get over it but it's not a good start.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

I need to see a lot more before I start judging it. The impression I got was that she was just expressing a reaction of 'seriously?' We haven't had much occasion to see her think like that the past few years.

By the way, the preview's been taken down.

Why do I feel like Magik just became a character on Buffy? I haven't read her for that long but her dialogue seemed out of place even to me.

I hope not but it seems like Magik just became "that blond girl".

@murdershewrote
    Though I think Magneto has already impressed upon Magik as a former teacher.
    Last edited by Wissenschaft; 11-27-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post

It reminded me of Fraction's first use of her, during the Utopia arc, when she met up with Wolverine and the rest of X-Force to break out Beast and the other captives held by Osborn's Dark X-Men / Dark Avengers.

I don't recall EXACTLY what she said but it was something to the effect of "So...uh...do you guys work together a lot?"

Illyana isn't one to stammer or pause or hesitate in her speaking. At least, not since her resurrection.
    She's more direct. If she wants to ask a question, she ASKS, y'know?
    cpjudd.com

It's the Bendis effect, guys and gals. He writes every female character in the vein of Kitty Pryde and Jean Grey. Illyana will continue to pause and stammer as long as he's writing it. It's a shame.

Bendis posted the preview on his twitter page. I know it was taken down on Comixology.

http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...bendis-immonen

I was surprised by the dialogue as well. It is quite different from what we've read previously. Nonetheless, it is one page! I am hoping for some good characterization.

Did any of you check out the thread about which female X-characters could carry a solo? Magik is in second place! Storm, of course, is in the lead.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

Quote Originally Posted by Wissenschaft View Post
    Why do I feel like Magik just became a character on Buffy? I haven't read her for that long and her dialogue seemed out of place even to me.

@murdershewrote
    Though I think Magneto has already impressed upon Magik as a former teacher.
    Oh Bendis, it begins, prepare for mischaracterization and poor dialogue for the next few years.

o

About Magik's line from All New X-men #3 preview, normally I'd be up in arms about any sort of mischaracterization of her, but somehow, I'm not so bothered about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    About Magik's line from All New X-men #3 preview, normally I'd be up in arms about any sort of mischaracterization of her, but somehow, I'm not so bothered about it.
    Give it a few pages/issues. It'll get ya going before too long. :P

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Because she sounds like a clueless little girl.
    Solved it. You're welcome.
    cpjudd.com

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Because she sounds like a clueless little girl.
    Solved it. You're welcome.
    You know that I've long complained about the "mall rat phase"? What Bendis wrote was nothing compared to it. What's the worst he can do? We haven't read enough to make a conclusion.

I think Sunofdarkchild made a good point about Magik's line from All New X-men #3.
    Last edited by 244; 11-28-2012 at 12:59 PM.