Page 267 of 435 FirstFirst ... 167217257263264265266267268269270271277317367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 6516

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    “The fun part is to show how character comes through in the action,” he continues. “All the punching, shooting and stabbing in the world is great, but it means nothing if there’s not character behind it. The that fun of VS is getting to show who these women are as they beat the hell out of each other.”

So Illyana's fighting skills are good enough to go toe to toe with the Black Widow for a while. Nice. This event is giving her a good chance to show off just how talented she is. I do think that she'll lose this one though. In a way it's a shame that she seems to going for a brawl rather than using her spells and stepping disks to secure an easy win. Maybe the point of that fight is to buy time?
    Interesting to note: They aren't on Earth. Illyana could have left here there. They both seem capable of breathing the atmosphere. But she chose to stay....? Also...Widow would have to be smart about this. Defeating Illyana could mean being stranded.

I pray that Yost's bias toward Illyana and the X-Men doesn't mean he'll have Widow defeat her for jaw dropping.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

OMG, today is a glorious day for Magik fans

spoilers:
    She kicked Dr. Strange's ass!
    end of spoilers

Magik better beat the crap out of Black Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by NielsVanEekelen View Post
    Oooh my. (Read in the voice of George Takei.)

Edit: With this article, by the way.
    By looking at Magik's facial expression and what to expect from her fight with Black Widow, I take it Chris Yost is using the pre "Fall/Rise of the New Mutants" Magik. I say this because from the first page of AvX: VS #1, it says there's no continuity connected to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Interesting to note: They aren't on Earth. Illyana could have left here there. They both seem capable of breathing the atmosphere. But she chose to stay....? Also...Widow would have to be smart about this. Defeating Illyana could mean being stranded.

I pray that Yost's bias toward Illyana and the X-Men doesn't mean he'll have Widow defeat her for jaw dropping.
    I would say that they are in the Blue Area of the Moon, incidentally where the first Phoenix died. I do not know why would Illyana not just leave her there.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    By looking at Magik's facial expression and what to expect from her fight with Black Widow, I take it Chris Yost is using the pre "Fall/Rise of the New Mutants" Magik. I say this because from the first page of AvX: VS #1, it says there's no continuity connected to anything.
    By seeing her smile you conclude that this is another continuity error? You're reaching more and more here.

By seeing her smile you conclude that this is another continuity error? You're reaching more and more here.
    I'm not pointing a continuity error here this time. The AvX:VS one-on-one issues are not canon to the main Avengers vs X-men storyline (at least that's the gist of it). It's all about which such-and-such can defeat who and so on (pretty much like a slug fest in short). I've read the article about it and seems the editors are giving the writers a lot of freedom on what to do with the characters in terms of going one-on-one. See for yourself:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=36299

(Believe me when I say this; a character's facial characteristics say a lot about who the character is in general cases. It's a good tool when dealing with characters in a character-driven comic book. What I mean about Magik's facial characteristic, that's her typical devious expression and says plenty about her character.)
    Last edited by 244; 05-02-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    I'm not pointing a continuity error here this time. The AvX:VS one-on-one issues are not canon to the main Avengers vs X-men storyline (at least that's the gist of it). It's all about which such-and-such can defeat who and so on (pretty much like a slug fest in short). I've read the article about it and seems the editors are giving the writers a lot of freedom on what to do with the characters in terms of going one-on-one. See for yourself:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=36299

(Believe me when I say this; a character's facial characteristics say a lot about who the character is in general cases. It's a good tool when dealing with characters in a character-driven comic book. What I mean about Magik's facial characteristic, that's her typical devious expression and says plenty about her character.)
    Agreed, though why a smile at the beginning of a fight has to be from the pre-Rise of the New Mutants Magik is still beyond me. She's had those smiles since, like when the New Mutants came to her for help to get Moonstar back, and even if she hadn't, who says she has to have changed that much?

Agreed, though why a smile at the beginning of a fight has to be from the pre-Rise of the New Mutants Magik is still beyond me. She's had those smiles since, like when the New Mutants came to her for help to get Moonstar back, and even if she hadn't, who says she has to have changed that much?
    Well, whether I'm jumping the gun or not, I'm going with what Kieron Gillen said in his interviews and formspring about Illyana being a different person as a result of regaining her soul and "coming out the other side", and Danger's assessment about her from UXN #9 from the opening scene. I mean, with that, there's a lot of new territory that can be explored with her.
    Last edited by 244; 05-03-2012 at 02:44 AM.

...Oh brother....
    cpjudd.com

The list of "feats" for Illyana is growing.

Defeated Belasco, one of those enemies capable of taking on the whole X-Men and winning, by herself.
    Destroyed the Demon Bear.
    Outsmarted the Shadow King, leading to his defeat.
    Defeated the Enchantress.
    Took on Thor, Cap, and Black Knight at once and had the upper hand.
    Stole Cap's shield.
    Scared Legion into submission........twice.
    Ended the invasion part of Inferno.
    Killed Belasco.
    Brought about the destruction of the Elder Gods.
    What happened yesterday, which will likely be the most remembered on this list.
    Now going toe to toe with Black Widow, one of the MU's best hand to hand fighters.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 05-03-2012 at 04:26 AM.

I want to see how the fight went down between she and Dr. Strange. Hopefully Uncanny or a future issue of Vs. will tackle this!
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    I want to see how the fight went down between she and Dr. Strange. Hopefully Uncanny or a future issue of Vs. will tackle this!
    Uncanny is the only way to do it Justice.
    cpjudd.com

Admit it, was anyone else upset when they saw Strange carrying a passed out Illyana in AvX3? It pissed me off at first till we saw the twist 2 pages later

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    I dont see it happening in UXM, bc the most recent issue of Uncanny takes place during and after the fight is over. Maybe Avengers v4?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Admit it, was anyone else upset when they saw Strange carrying a passed out Illyana in AvX3? It pissed me off at first till we saw the twist 2 pages later

I dont see it happening in UXM, bc the most recent issue of Uncanny takes place during and after the fight is over. Maybe Avengers v4?
    I would have lost my sheet, if I hadn't had it spoiled for me prior to reading the issue myself.
    cpjudd.com