Page 253 of 436 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 6538

And a few more! Enjoy!

Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg

ah yeah! i've seen some of these! very, very unique his style is! is he doing any Marvel comics right now?
    My name is Illyana Rasputin.
    I am humanity's savior--
    --or the means to its eternal damnation.

The one with Lockheed is my fave!
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    I am quite shocked to find that you've found one I don't yet know!
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchild View Post
    ah yeah! i've seen some of these! very, very unique his style is! is he doing any Marvel comics right now?
    He needs to be working on a Magik solo. Really!

He has done quite a few renderings of her. It seems like she and Elektra just might be his muses.

The one of she and Lockheed is great. I'd love some Kitty/Illyana/Lockheed interaction soon. I am now wondering where she will be post AvX. I believe the Marvel Universe will be quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    He needs to be working on a Magik solo. Really!

He has done quite a few renderings of her. It seems like she and Elektra just might be his muses.

The one of she and Lockheed is great. I'd love some Kitty/Illyana/Lockheed interaction soon. I am now wondering where she will be post AvX. I believe the Marvel Universe will be quite different.
    Regarding with AvX, my guess is Illyana would still be in the same position in terms of being imprisoned between missions (unless if her name will be cleared/cleaned), but she may have a more positive opinion of herself afterwards since KG will place some focus on her opinion of herself because the poor girl still sees herself as a monster despite getting back the majority of her soul (bloodstones).
    Last edited by 244; 03-14-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Regarding with AvX, my guess is Illyana would still be in the same position in terms of being imprisoned between missions (unless if her name will be cleared/cleaned), but she may have a more positive opinion of herself afterwards since KG will place some focus on her opinion of herself because the poor girl still sees herself as a monster despite getting back the majority of her soul (bloodstones).
    I disagree.
    Or at least, I don't fully agree, since her admittance about what she wants (post incarceration) has only been addressed, on panel the one time when her demon-would-be-liberators came tap, tap, tapping at her cell door and she rebutted their advances.
    She hasn't demonstrated any self-loathing or even self-pity. She's only admitted that her previous actions (Rise of the New Mutants etc) justify her current situation. In my humble opinion, she's demonstrated remarkable responsibility and shown incredible restraint by conceding to Cyclops's sentence and subsequent Extinction Team assignments.

I hope I won't be beating a dead horse, but I'll draw a parallel between she and Rogue. Rogue has, since her return (post Messiah Complex) on multiple occassions, broken rank. She's disobeyed orders, and regardless of the beneficial outcome, she has called her loyalty and trustworthiness into question.
    Illyana has done the same.
    Her actions did the world a tremendous service, but the road she paved leading to that outcome has wrought distrust and displeasure among her peers, and rightly so. It was a gamble, without assured success, in the eyes of those around her. But Illyana, herself, hasn't really had a private pity party. She's been described as unrepentant, but her actions (or in this case, LACK of action) would suggest otherwise.

Her complicated existence is what I love about her. She's so fun to try to figure out.
    cpjudd.com

I think Illyana is repentant about many things she's done, but at the same time is firmly convinced that, for instance, taking care of the threat of the Elder Gods justified the risks she took.

Does she consider herself a monster? I do think so--she's never had the healthiest self-esteem. It's partly because of this, I'd say, that she let herself be locked up without protest. Her having pity parties is unlikely, though, as she would have to open up and show vulnerability for that, which she's not so good at.

You know, thinking about it... Illyana is and always will be pretty messed up, but right now she's focusing all her energy on trying to be a good person and building a life. There's actually a lot of X-Men who could learn something from that.
    FULCRUM: An ongoing fantasy saga by Niels van Eekelen, out on Kindle and Smashwords in all e-book formats!

Hey gang.
    How about an entire issue dedicated to Brig Visits?? ha.
    It would never, ever, happen but wouldn't it be fun? Who DOESN'T want to see how things went down when Dani visited Illyana back during Fear Itself? And what about Kitty? Anyone think Kitty may have made her way down there to argue her former best friend's actions and suspicious behavior? Who is game to see her former headmaster, Magneto, take a trip down memory lane with his favorite student? Emma's always proven entertaining when it comes to chats with Miss Rasputin! Or how about Danger? She's already expressed disappointment at Illyana's dismissal of her would-be-liberators! And how about seeing Pixie having a chat with her? She seemed relatively sympathetic at the end of Rise of the New Mutants!
    Who else? And to what end?
    cpjudd.com

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NielsVanEekelen View Post
    I think Illyana is repentant about many things she's done, but at the same time is firmly convinced that, for instance, taking care of the threat of the Elder Gods justified the risks she took.

Does she consider herself a monster? I do think so--she's never had the healthiest self-esteem. It's partly because of this, I'd say, that she let herself be locked up without protest. Her having pity parties is unlikely, though, as she would have to open up and show vulnerability for that, which she's not so good at.

You know, thinking about it... Illyana is and always will be pretty messed up, but right now she's focusing all her energy on trying to be a good person and building a life. There's actually a lot of X-Men who could learn something from that.
    It's funny how she has never had high self esteem but has almost always had full confidence in her combative abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Hey gang.
    It would never, ever, happen but wouldn't it be fun? Who DOESN'T want to see how things went down when Dani visited Illyana back during Fear Itself? And what about Kitty? Anyone think Kitty may have made her way down there to argue her former best friend's actions and suspicious behavior? Who is game to see her former headmaster, Magneto, take a trip down memory lane with his favorite student? Emma's always proven entertaining when it comes to chats with Miss Rasputin! Or how about Danger? She's already expressed disappointment at Illyana's dismissal of her would-be-liberators! And how about seeing Pixie having a chat with her? She seemed relatively sympathetic at the end of Rise of the New Mutants!
    Well, you know I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's funny how she has never had high self esteem but has almost always had full confidence in her combative abilities.
    Ah, but that's the demon part of her, or at least the Limbo-trained part. It's a case of using (what she sees as) the bad parts of her for good.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Hey gang.
    I'd buy it.

Would love to see this happen over in the pages of NM. Interactions with Dani, Amara and Bobby are obvious but I think DnA could have a real blast with Doug and Warlock each talking with Illyana. KG writes Illyana much like Wells did, with little to no personality, so his version of such exchanges probably wouldn't be any fun. It would also great if a flashback of Sam talking to Illyana before he left for Westchester could be worked in.

anybody esls pick up the illyana figure from eagleemoss yet looks much better in person

Quote Originally Posted by jamgut View Post
    Would love to see this happen over in the pages of NM. Interactions with Dani, Amara and Bobby are obvious but I think DnA could have a real blast with Doug and Warlock each talking with Illyana. KG writes Illyana much like Wells did, with little to no personality, so his version of such exchanges probably wouldn't be any fun. It would also great if a flashback of Sam talking to Illyana before he left for Westchester could be worked in.
    Zeb Wells wrote an excellent Illyana in my opinion. He really nailed her intense nature and didn't forget her unique humor. Remember the scene with Magma in the first issue? He also built a story for her that played on her strengths.

I don't think Kieron Gillen has written her enough for me to feel any which way, but he hit some great notes with her in the Fear Itself arc. Her teleportation usage in the upcoming issue looks great.

Abnett and Lanning write her quite well when they use her, I agree!