Page 218 of 436 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 6538
    Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

It's always pissed me off that "Magik" barely uses any spells. Turning her mutant power into pentagrams just seems like rubbing it in our faces.

"See? She's still connected to magic when she teleports. Now go enjoy her not using spells."

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It's always pissed me off that "Magik" barely uses any spells. Turning her mutant power into pentagrams just seems like rubbing it in our faces.

"See? She's still connected to magic when she teleports. Now go enjoy her not using spells."
    Well, to Gillen's, Abnett's and Lanning's credit, she's used a fair share of magical knowledge and power displays, lately.

Specifically: Translating the Serpent-empowered-Juggernaut's magic footprints. Using a spell to both open a gateway to Cyttorak's dimension and encircling a protective shield around them once inside. Magically binding Kitty from preventing Colossus's corruption. Explaining/tutoring Doug how to forge a bridge to Asgard.
    cpjudd.com

"Um, blah, blah, blah. And, Girl Power. Feminism, d'you know what I mean?"

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post
    Well, to Gillen's, Abnett's and Lanning's credit, she's used a fair share of magical knowledge and power displays, lately.

Specifically: Translating the Serpent-empowered-Juggernaut's magic footprints. Using a spell to both open a gateway to Cyttorak's dimension and encircling a protective shield around them once inside. Magically binding Kitty from preventing Colossus's corruption. Explaining/tutoring Doug how to forge a bridge to Asgard.
    And sensing exactly when and what went wrong. Yeah. Still, she could sheath the sword from time to time.

In the really old days the explanation for her not using spells was "No time to be fancy." That doesn't cut it in every fight.

And sensing exactly when and what went wrong. Yeah. Still, she could sheath the sword from time to time.

In the really old days the explanation for her not using spells was "No time to be fancy." That doesn't cut it in every fight.
    Looks like she'll be lashing out, in giant-soulsword glory, in today's issue! Can't wait! I wanna see her bust up some Sinister cronies!
    cpjudd.com

Oh! There you are!?! KittyPryde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MuhollandDriver View Post
    Thanks for the image KittyPryde. Are these by the same maker? The work is exceptional.
    Yep! Same maker! Sideshow Collectibles. Their product isn't cheap in terms of $, but it's also not cheap in quality. They do a very good job, IMHO. But you really have to like a piece in order to pony up that kind of dinero.

Specific pieces from yesterday (with other angle/pictures in the gallery for each):
    Darkchilde
    Colossus

Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The White-Spider View Post
    ...You're like the Wendy to our pirate battling lost boys. Genteel enough to bring an air of sophistication to our character wars, nice enough to set an example for forging alliances, and tough enough to kick butt when the situation demands.
    "Professor Xavier is a jerk!"
    http://mvn.com/nhl-thrashers/

Anyone read already UXM #2? seems the writter forgot 'yana is immune to psionics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
    Anyone read already UXM #2? seems the writter forgot 'yana is immune to psionics
    Yeah two things stood out one that characters with high tp resistance or immunity showed none but I am just going to assume that this is due to Sinister boosting his powers with stolen Celestial tech.

Second thing was the X-men hardly came off as powerhouses everyone basically used single target moves to kill sinisters. No power blasts of energy, no lightning barrages, no F5 tornados, no spells, no thunderclaps, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
    I suppose her psyblocks are demonic until she became human again.

I still find it odd for her to use her soulsword against non-magical beings but I guess the only justification is it doesn't physically harm non-magical beings but maybe incapacitate as long as the enemy has a soul, but then again, the Sinister clones may not have a soul, or on the other hand, it may be an artist slip up.

Maybe she's going for the mutant-first, mage-second route. Either way, I don't mind her not using any magic.

Quote Originally Posted by yanapryde View Post

Pacheco's stepping discs. Am I alone?
    Does anyone else prefer the standard glowing "light circles" of yesteryear? These snap, crackle, BLAM, portal-looking things just aren't for me.

If they have to be 'pazzazzed', I'd rather they went with the flaming circles, like Arthur Adams did during their trip to Asgard, etc.

Discuss.
    Here here. Magik is a mutant after all and I don't find it to make any sense why the stepping discs needs to have a pentagram.
    Last edited by 244; 11-30-2011 at 10:51 PM.

The soul sword started affecting nonmagical things during Simonsen's run and the change was noted back then. That doesn't bother me.

The soul sword started affecting nonmagical things during Simonsen's run and the change was noted back then. That doesn't bother me.
    Yeah, but General Ulysses slashed Pixie with it but no physical harm. Just a reaction of her soul. Either it depends on what the user does with the sword or it's "depending on the writer".

Quote Originally Posted by 244 View Post
    Yeah, but General Ulysses slashed Pixie with it but no physical harm. Just a reaction of her soul. Either it depends on what the user does with the sword or it's "depending on the writer".
    There was a fanfic where someone stated that the soul sword does whatever Illyana wants it to, and I've held that opinion ever since I read it. It fits with my theory that the real reason Illyana's powers didn't work on Earth was because she was scared of herself and consciously limited her powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
    Yeah two things stood out one that characters with high tp resistance or immunity showed none but I am just going to assume that this is due to Sinister boosting his powers with stolen Celestial tech.
    Emma and Danger were the only two assuredly 'safe' X-Men from telepathic assault.
    Even if the others had training against such attacks, as Sinister stated, he was using a hive mind. He wasn't just attacking them himself. He was using his own powers and amplifying them through all the cloned minds at his disposal. Right?

Regarding Illyana's mental shields, it was never a conscious thing. She wasn't resisting telepathy. It was just...blocked. I attribute any weakening of said shields to the restoration of her soul:
    The portions of her soul that were molded into bloodstones left negative space behind, which were filled by black magic -- which lead to her corruption. This same black magic acted as dense fog in her mind, preventing psionic intrusion. With the restoration of her missing soul fragments, the majority of said black magic has been expunged thereby making her vulnerable like anyone else.

Or any and all significant continuity alterations could simply be answered away by "Ooops, Belasco screwed up a few things when he 'remade' Illyana."

Second thing was the X-men hardly came off as powerhouses everyone basically used single target moves to kill sinisters. No power blasts of energy, no lightning barrages, no F5 tornados, no spells, no thunderclaps, etc.
    It wasn't really necessary. Why put on the 'snap, crackle, pop' if its just a bunch of Sinister look-a-likes on horses?
    Its like in action movies when someone is doing cartwheels and handsprings to get from point A to point B when really, all you have to do is run. Flashy isn't always necessary. We'll probably get 'flash' next issue.
    Last edited by yanapryde; 12-01-2011 at 04:57 AM.
    cpjudd.com

Now that she's no longer a part of the New Mutants squad, ddo you think Illyana should get a new costume? She's still wearing their uniform but she's on a different team now. While I do love her costume and thought it looked best on her than the others, I would like to see ehr get her own individual look to go along with ehr upgrade to the A team

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now that she's no longer a part of the New Mutants squad, ddo you think Illyana should get a new costume? She's still wearing their uniform but she's on a different team now. While I do love her costume and thought it looked best on her than the others, I would like to see ehr get her own individual look to go along with ehr upgrade to the A team
    Everyone agrees. But its clearly not the creative team's priority. Le sigh.
    cpjudd.com

It might have to do with her possibly not being completely "pardoned" for her Elder God antics. She might just be released for missions only, etc.

Much as I am enjoying the new series, Illyana isn't the only one who could use a costume makeover. The majority of those team members could use some outfits that mark their new status quo.

Also, much as I don't like to admit it, is anyone else having trouble keeping interest in New Mutants these days? Some if it is Illyana-related, I must admit! Not all of it, though.
    Last edited by MuhollandDriver; 12-01-2011 at 06:57 AM.
    Nanny: The True Phoenix Egg