Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

A Death Head mini featuring Super Head..now thats an instant seller.
    "Artists use Lies to tell the Truth!"
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP"Roland=pinnacle of objectivity"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What I'd really like to see is a Deadpool/Death's Head/Terror Inc team-up.
    My God. That is such a fantastic idea, it must be done. The sick violent humour to be had... I feel like a girl waiting to go to prom just thinking about it.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IronMagnus View Post
    <---- Death's Head fan.

I'd like to see both the original and DH II back. Along with Tuck, and Dr. Necker!
    IronMagus? Dr Necker is actually currently appearing in Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's Nova. More info here:

http://itcamefromdarkmoor.blogspot.c...in-deaths.html
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    IronMagus? Dr Necker is actually currently appearing in Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning's Nova. More info here:

Well, that is kind of interesting, and does sort of tie in Death's Head III to the mythos. It's a shame that DnA have confirmed that this isn't the return of Death's Head though.

I guess i'll just keep waiting in the hope that one day we'll see Death's Head, Dark Angel and Immortalis again.

What's this? A double post?
    Last edited by Babylon23; 01-30-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    Well, that is kind of interesting, and does sort of tie in Death's Head III to the mythos. It's a shame that DnA have confirmed that this isn't the return of Death's Head though.

I guess i'll just keep waiting in the hope that one day we'll see Death's Head, Dark Angel and Immortalis again.
    Well, Mortigan Goth did at least get a mention in Captain Britain & MI13's first arc. Who knows, we may see him again.

I know that DnA have said it's more of an in-joke, but if they were to stay ON Nova, long-term, I could see it happening a bit further down the line.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

oh hell yeah!!!

big fan of the Original Death's Head, especially his second look, yes?

Furman and Senior (and Hitch et al) just killed that series ~ I've still got the Incomplete Death's Head, but sadly when i was a teenager all of my oversized Marvel Graphic novels got stolen at a summer camp i went too and i lost the awesome Death's Head one...

BANNED

He was kind of interesting but he was sort of like dethlok, in that I didnt know what the F*** was going on with all the different ones running around and stuff. Kind of like terror inc, he wasnt to bad but I didnt really care if I saw him again.

I did not know that. Thanks for the heads-up!
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Well, Mortigan Goth did at least get a mention in Captain Britain & MI13's first arc. Who knows, we may see him again
    I have to admit that I was pretty excited to see Goth mentioned during that arc. It at least acknowledges the existence of Marvel UK and offers some hope that we migth finally get a chance to see these characters again.

I'd love to see Cornell rework the entire Marvel UK line of characters, much like Ellis has done with the New Universe. There's a lot of untapped potential in these characters and Cornell could ahve a field day with them if given a chance.

Death's head was great. You guys need to check out transformers falling angel.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-F.../dp/184023511X

It's pretty good and has death's head beating up galvatron.

Death's head was in avengers forever also. Whats neat about death's head is he crossed over with both transformers and dr who (who shrunk him to human size and sent him to the 616 universe were he meet the fantastic four.)

Marvel needs to use him again. I could see him in a great lakes avengers crossover or in avengers Initiative.

BANNED

i did not like the original death's head because he was too annoying yes? death's head ii was awesome though. i actually liked a few of the old marvel UK series. super soliders was my favorite. shame the line was cancelled before the end of the arc saw print

Quote Originally Posted by ComiXFanBoy View Post
    i did not like the original death's head because he was too annoying yes? death's head ii was awesome though.
    See i didn't care for Death's Head II because they took away everything unique about the character and made him a Predator/T2 ripoff. but the greatness of DH is since by nature he's a time-and dimension-traveling character, you can pretty much use whichever version strikes your fancy, yes?

he does seems like the type of character Dn'A would dust off and pull out...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Death's head was great. You guys need to check out transformers falling angel.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-F.../dp/184023511X

It's pretty good and has death's head beating up galvatron.
    Galvatron: Dead or Alive was a great storyline. And it has Death's Head in my preferred costume choice - the green combat jacket. I used to have all those Transformers issues stored at my parent's place (It's been a decade since I moved out for uni, and never really came back) but was saddened to discover over Christmas that they had been disposed of in a clean up. Gutted.

Although, I did find a sacrilegious folder of clipped out Combat Colin strips from Transformers and Action Force. Those are getting Blogged at some point.

Might have to pick up that trade for DH alone.

Death's head was in avengers forever also. Whats neat about death's head is he crossed over with both transformers and dr who (who shrunk him to human size and sent him to the 616 universe were he meet the fantastic four.)
    Yes. I understand he was in Avengers Forever, although I never picked that up. For the sense of completion I might have to track it down. I agree, that's what was great about Death's Head. He could turn up anywhere. He was the perfect guest guest character in a non-irritating fashion. (Unlike, say, a certain Canadian with claws...)

Marvel needs to use him again. I could see him in a great lakes avengers crossover or in avengers Initiative.
    A GLA appearance would be brilliant. I've said it before, but I know that some people dislike me doing so, he was doing a lot of what Deadpool does years before Deadpool. And that's why I'd love to see those two go up against each other, too. DH would obviously be the straight man and Deadpool the crazy - but it would absolutely brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by ComiXFanBoy View Post
    i did not like the original death's head because he was too annoying yes? death's head ii was awesome though. i actually liked a few of the old marvel UK series. super soliders was my favorite. shame the line was cancelled before the end of the arc saw print
    Super Soldiers was pretty good, yes. I'd love to see something of that picked up on in Captain Britain & MI13 - because Joseph Hauer did appear in that future of Britain section in Civil War Battle Damage Report. He'd be a useful ally on that book.

But how anybody could find Death's Head irritating? You are being hasty with your lack of respect. YES?

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    See i didn't care for Death's Head II because they took away everything unique about the character and made him a Predator/T2 ripoff.
    To be honest, over time, Predator has started to become more of a DH2 rip-off itself. It wasn't so much at the time. I actually had a conversation with Liam Sharp over this around the time of AvP.

While there were parts of DH2 which I felt weren't right (Mostly whenever he appeared in somebody else's book) I loved where Abnett and Sharp were going with the character. If you made it as far as Death's Head Gold, at the very end of the Marvel UK line (The story was never finished as Marvel US closed the offices down as emergency cost-cutting in the CRASH), you'll get a much better idea where he WAS going. That story showed us a damaged DH2, on a desolate alien world, arguing with his 107 other personalities for control of his body. This new multiple-personality quirk very much got to showcase Death's Head's own personal rhetoric and speech style conflicting with others, and was a really nice touch.

I'd love to read some more of THAT.

but the greatness of DH is since by nature he's a time-and dimension-traveling character, you can pretty much use whichever version strikes your fancy, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    but the greatness of DH is since by nature he's a time-and dimension-traveling character, you can pretty much use whichever version strikes your fancy, yes?

he does seems like the type of character Dn'A would dust off and pull out...
    I'd hope so, further down the line. Especially as we're getting closer to his actual date of creation in Marvel continuity. By 2010 Dr Necker was working for AIM, and had created her MINION cyborg, sending it out across time and space to absorb the minds of history's greatest scientists and warriors.

How might she have managed to compile a list of such beings? Well, in DnA's Nova, in 2008, she is currently working on a 'Project MINION' at Project PEGASUS, along with Nova's younger brother. During the Skrull invasion, in order to repair the Worldmind they placed it into the systems for Necker's Project MINION. The Worldmind, of course, has exactly the kind of knowledge of the history of the whole Universe to date that Necker would be looking for.

If DnA are still writing Nova by the time we reach into 2010 expect there to be a story about Evelyn Necker defecting to AIM and switching on the Minion Construct. Death's Head II might yet be reborn in this timeline.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

i always wanted to read a lot more of the marvel uk stuff but i cant find any collections anywhere.