On Thursday, March 5, Project CBRunway, CBR's contest focusing on costume and character design, returns with an all new season! The competition will pit artists against one another in weekly design challenges on the Artist & Writer Showcase. Designers will have only five days in which to complete and post their designs. During the following two days CBR posters will decide which designers advance to the next round until, after twelve weeks, only three remain and face off once again at CBR Fashion Week.
The winning designer will walk away with an exciting prize pack, inluding his or her choice of one of:
And his or her choice of one of:
- Tim Gunn: A Guide to Quality, Taste and Style (Hardcover)
- The Little Black Book of Style (Hardcover)
- Drawing the Living Figure (Paperback)
- Our Gods Wear Spandex: The Secret History of Comic Book Heroes (Paperback)
- Captain Britain and MI:13, Vol. 1: Secret Invasion (Paperback)
- Watchmen (Paperback)
- Project Runway -- The Complete Second Season (DVD)
- Project Runway -- The Complete Third Season (DVD)
- Figure Drawing for Fashion Design (Paperback)
- Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery: Solutions for Drawing the Clothed Figure (Paperback)
- Fashion Inside Out: Daniel V's Guide to How Style Happens (Hardcover)
- The Sketchbook for the Artist (Hardcover)
- Anatomy for the Artist (Hardcover)
- Immortal Iron Fist Vol. 2: The Seven Capital Cities of Heaven (Hardcover)
- Watchmen (Hardcover)
- Project Runway – The Complete Fourth Season (DVD)
- Participants may sign up by submitting the required entries (as described in the Project CBRunway 4: The Audition thread) before Midnight PST on February 28. Please only sign up if you are committed to submitting a weekly entry for the full term of the competition (through June 2).
- Challenge threads will be posted every Thursday.
- Challenges will consist of designing or re-designing comic book costumes and characters. Challenges will either have either general or very specific requirements as to what the participant is expected to design.
- Participants have only five days, through Monday at Midnight PST, to Private Message (PM) me their entries for that week’s Challenge. Be sure to select “Request a read receipt for this message” in the Additional Options section before sending. Failure to complete a challenge will result in immediate elimination from Project CBRunway. There will be no extensions or exceptions.
- Voting threads including posts of that week’s submissions will be posted on Tuesday morning and will remain open for 48 hours.
- Posters will vote for the entry they feel best completes the challenge. Voting should not be based solely on art ability. Ultimately, however, voting is completely subjective. Participants may vote for themselves.
- The final three contestants will have 12 days, instead of 5, to prepare their entries for CBR Fashion Week.
- In the final challenge voters will vote (based on both CBR Fashion Week and performances throughout Project CBRunway for the designer they feel should win.
- A ban, for any reason, from the Artist & Writer Showcase or CBR will result in immediate elimination from Project CBRunway.
- Eliminated contestants should participate in the Play Along at Home thread for the challenge immediately following their elimination. If a contestant fails to submit an entry, the most recently eliminated contestant will still be re-entered and included in the voting.
Remember, sign-up and complete your audition by February 28 and feel free to post any questions or comments!
- Artwork may be done in any medium but must be in color.
- Artwork may be no larger than 550-pixels wide and 800-pixels long.
- Entries must be inserted into your PM, using such services as Photobucket.com or imageShack.com. If you are unable to use such a service you may e-mail your entry and we will host the image for you for the duration of the competition.
- All submissions should include a written description of the costume, explaining, to the best of your ability, material, functionality, design inspiration, etc. Some rounds may have additional written requirements.
- Write-ups are to be no longer than a single PM, which is limited to 5,000 characters, including your image address and all formatting and image tags.
Non-contestants may Play Along at Home.
See you on the runway!