Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: OSBORN SUPREMACY: New Avengers

CBR News speaks with writer Brian Michael Bendis about Normon Osborn's
    plans for the New Avengers, and what part Luke Cage has to play in facilitating
    the former Green Goblin's Dark Reign.

Full article here.

It seems that Bendis does have some plans to have Norman expose the New Avengers to the Public, after their first fight against the Dark Avengers.

It was interesting to see how Spider-Man will be the focus of a couple of stories, and the long standing relationship between himself and Norman will be further explored.

i hate having the hood shoved down our throats. mehhhh!!!!!!! I would still like to know why the avengers would have someone on the team like spiderman without him ever showing his face.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    i hate having the hood shoved down our throats. mehhhh!!!!!!! I would still like to know why the avengers would have someone on the team like spiderman without him ever showing his face.
    Well, he did before. But now no one, not even his closest friends, can know his secret identity...:rolleyes:
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&®%!

Donald M.

I'm just guessing you have an excellent gag reflex. And yes, I am going to use that joke every time someone uses the cliche of having anything rammed or crammed down a throat.

And just like the original Avengers kept their IDs secret from each other for like 20 years? Hey, remember when Tony was banging Jan, and she didn't know he was Iron Man?
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

Isn't that what issue 51 is going to cover.
    McKenstry those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts.

Barack Obama There's not a liberal America and a conservative America - there's the United States of America.

Christopher Yost Cyclops = Awesome and Right, while Xavier = USELESS JERK-O! Viva la Cyclops!

Facts are the enemy of truth.

You gonna get us out of here. With that tight-ass Wolverine outfit on. Now, let's make it happen, asshole

YOST: Okay, it's not Jean Grey. Nobody likes her

You know, I'm kind of surprised that luke isn't OFFICIALLY one of the Dark Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    You know, I'm kind of surprised that luke isn't OFFICIALLY one of the Dark Avengers.
    well as effective as his leadership was in new avengers norman probably feels just having him there will be a negative for the team. will buck be the leader of the team?
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Saving the world by song Red_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, the way I see it, there's no reason for Norman to put Cage on the DA. I mean, Norman's team has enough muscle as it is, and while Cage may be well-liked by the working class people, I don't believe he'd be considered enough of a "catch" for Norman to bolster the team's image further. I think he is much, more valuable as a mole on the NA.

Why wasn't the new price mentioned or commented on? Isn't Mr. Bendis supposed to convince us to buy this thing somehow someway like he did in the Dark Avengers interview?

Quote Originally Posted by arp2008 View Post
    Why wasn't the new price mentioned or commented on? Isn't Mr. Bendis supposed to convince us to buy this thing somehow someway like he did in the Dark Avengers interview?
    Either your going to spend an extra dollar or you're not. Bendis is probably as sick of having to talk about it as i am of having to hear it. When was the last time Comic book prices went up? Its a business. The economy has taken a dive, its not like Comic book sales are increasing, so they've got to make their money somewhere.

I don't understand why they would Venom eat that skrull. I mean Luke Cage is suppose to be a hero. Aren't they P.O.W.s? There should be some record of them. I find this as unbeliveable as that fact that the public actually thinks Osborn is a hero. Wouldn't he at least have to vetted to get a position like his?

Default Dark Reign - No More Rules

It doesn't feel like super hero comics anymore.

Just take a look at the cover of NA #49. It has Luke Cage, his jacket slung over his shoulder, carrousing with Sentry and Ares from the old Mighty Avengers. That there just tells you that if they want too, Marvel can switch anybody out, or up, or down, anyway they want. We already saw Sentry save Osborns bacon from the Punisher.

What I'm saying is that Dark Reign doesn't feel like super heroes, because there are no super heroes in this story. Show me one person who is doing the job? Spider-Man, Cap, the FF, any of the Avengers? The job is to be able to save people in trouble. Where is the trouble?. Nowhere in the DR is there anywhere, that you can point to a Galactus, or a Count Nefarious, or a Red Skull, that needs to be thwarted anymore.

Norman Osborn has taken the sting of the bad guy, out of the picture. He has organised the bad guys, so that the good guys don't know who to punch anymore. What the hell is Luke Cage doing in Osborns prison cell? Cage walked right into that cell, and asked Osborn to lock him in. Bendis has made it so difficult to explain how a person like Cage hasn't given Osborn the finger. Bendis thought up this fantastic problem that you can make, where, the Marvel Universe has no more rules
    Last edited by jackolover; 01-27-2009 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    It doesn't feel like super hero comics anymore.

Just take a look at the cover of NA #49. It has Luke Cage, his jacket slung over his shoulder, carrousing with Sentry and Ares from the old Mighty Avengers. That there just tells you that if they want too, Marvel can switch anybody out, or up, or down, anyway they want. We already saw Sentry save Osborns bacon from the Punisher.

What I'm saying is that Dark Reign doesn't feel like super heroes, because there are no super heroes in this story. Show me one person who is doing the job? Spider-Man, Cap, the FF, any of the Avengers? The job is to be able to save people in trouble. Where is the trouble?. Nowhere in the DR is there anywhere, that you can point to a Galactus, or a Count Nefarious, or a Red Skull, that needs to be thwarted anymore.

Norman Osborn has taken the sting of the bad guy, out of the picture. He has organised the bad guys, so that the good guys don't know who to punch anymore. What the hell is Luke Cage doing in Osborns prison cell? Cage walked right into that cell, and asked Osborn to lock him in. Bendis has made it so difficult to explain how a person like Cage hasn't given Osborn the finger. Bendis thought up this fantastic problem that you can make, where, the Marvel Universe has no more rules
    Have you even read any of Dark Reign? Mighty Avengers are fight Cthon in the very next issue. The New Avengers are searching for a heroes kidnapped daughter. Even the Dark Avengers are going to be facing off against Morgana Le Fey. And then if you dont think the Dark Avengers count as heroes, the New Avengers will be fighting them.