Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Bloody Hell: Cornell on Captain Britain

"Captain Britain & MI13" kicks off the new storyline "Vampire State" in next month's issue #10, and CBR News speaks with series wrtier Paul Cornell about Count Dracula's attempt to conquer the United Kingdom.

Full article here.

While I'm very much looking forward to this story, this phrasing

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Count
    Dracula's attempt to conquer the United Kingdom.
    couldn't help but make me think of Rocky the Squirrel saying, "Again? That trick never works!"
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Can this writer please at least address past continuity in his interviews?

"They believe the real Ebony Blade is in the possession of Wakanda's king, The Black Panther, who obtained it after it was used against him in a failed assassination attempt. "

I mean Captain Britain called up and said hey we need the sword and tchalla said no. hello hello!!!
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

This sounds really great. Faiza is getting a costume? I can't wait.

I think Blade and Spitfire have the potential to make a really interesting couple. I've loved their interactions so far.

And I can't wait to see how the vampires are dealing with the extra sunlight on the moon.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Can't wait to see Blade interact with Dracula and Doom given his history with both of them.
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Shield of the True North CaptainCanada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post

"They believe the real Ebony Blade is in the possession of Wakanda's king, The Black Panther, who obtained it after it was used against him in a failed assassination attempt. "

I mean Captain Britain called up and said hey we need the sword and tchalla said no. hello hello!!!
    Hence, why they believe Black Panther has the sword. Really, it's not rocket science.

Based on the final scene of #9, though, I'm guessing BP's is a fake too, and Dracula has the real one.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are!"

- Homer Simpson

BANNED

Dracula will now become as powerful as an Antediluvian...so cool.

Great Interview CBR!

more Cornell goodness!!

http://paulcornell.blogspot.com/
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

There's a lot to like in that interview.

Faiza getting a costume of some sorts? That's great. I mean I do appreciate what Cornell is trying to do with this character and all, but so far I've found her pretty boring. Anything done to flesh her out and make her more interesting will be appreciated.

I want to see Union Jack's reaction to Spitfire's interest in Blade. Hell, I just want to see more UJ in general.

I love the take on Dracula as one of the greatest military strategists around. That should be really interesting. Does he have some past comics history with Doom to explain why Doom despises him?

Yeah... and did you see Capt. Britain's ASS on that cover?! That ass was like POW.
    I Draw Pictures All Day:
    http://mikesegawa.com/

It's not Cornell saying that. It's the interviewer. It's like Paul consistently saying UK or Britain, while the interviewer keeps saying England.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

He didn't call him up. T'Challa and Storm visited him during Civil war. Brian asked if he could have it back. T'Challa said that he would, but only when he had finished with it. That's very different. To date Cornell has pretty much addressed every single continuity issue he's encountered. He's now addressing this one. But not in a cheap and rushed out manner. In a plot driven one, that yields an actual story.

You really are splitting hairs here DrWho. You're about to be given answers, but you seem to be complaining that you haven't had them right back in #1. This is a well-paced way of explaining things. Have a little patience.

All sounds like good stuff. Pete in a pub, drinking and leching? Excellent. I understand from the podcast PC has done with The Comic Addiction that Brian will be with him. This should be interesting.

Those Doom and Dracula scenes look great. I am loving Leonard Kirk on this book. And I'm look forward to seeing more on Blade and Spitfire. It's very interesting to hear Cornell talk about thinking of the intellectual side of Dracula. The man should be cold and calculated, and it sounds like he's trying to get in with Osborn's Cabal via these dubious means. I like the sound of that.

That costume for Faiza? Essex coat of arms? She's going to be wearing armour, isn't she? Cool.

A six part arc of spies, war games and supernatural ties - with a possible Annual, too? How can people NOT want to give that a look in? Get behind Captain Britain & MI13, and keep this book on the shelves.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    He didn't call him up. T'Challa and Storm visited him during Civil war. Brian asked if he could have it back. T'Challa said that he would, but only when he had finished with it. That's very different. To date Cornell has pretty much addressed every single continuity issue he's encountered. He's now addressing this one. But not in a cheap and rushed out manner. In a plot driven one, that yields an actual story.

You really are splitting hairs here DrWho. You're about to be given answers, but you seem to be complaining that you haven't had them right back in #1. This is a well-paced way of explaining things. Have a little patience.
    EXACTLY what I was going to say, Mr Sword. I can't improve on that, really.
    Last edited by Guest_1001; 01-22-2009 at 04:42 AM.
    --*--
    Bring Back MI:13

We need more Black Knight and Faiza Hussain!

The best news is that the Dracula arc will be 6 issues so Captain Britain and M13 is safe until #15.
    Last edited by ThunderWolf!!!; 01-22-2009 at 05:32 AM.
    Dan DiDio RUINED Transformers Forever

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...scap2ar0-3.png

Space is disease and danger wrapped in silence and darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    EXACTLY what I was going to say, Mr Sword. I can't improve on that, really.
    However, as far as we really know, the Bloodwraith has the real sword and Paul stated they think BP has the real one. He might have given us a hint (or maybe not).
    Stay Vocal, Demand More MI13 and Black Knight. Buy Original Sins #2
    Support Top Cow- Witchblade and Ravine! Stjepan Sejic Rules!