Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: THE OSBORN SUPREMACY: Uncanny X-Men

CBR chats with “Uncanny X-Men Annual” #2 writer Matt Fraction about what Norman Osborn's Dark Reign and Emma Frost's past interactions with the Cabal mean for Marvel's mutant population.

Full article here.

Was it ever officially anounced that Brubaker is off Uncanny?

I loved this quote: 'Emma's central reason for being is that she wants to protect her people, whether it was her school kids in Genosha, the Hellions, or her current charges-all of mutantkind, Fraction said. That's what she wants more than anything in the world, "

Really? Not Scott? Not power or control or anything like that? Nothing selfish at all? Watch as the 'saint"ification of Emma occurs right in front of us.

I loved Emma in Gen X and I can't stand her now and I know this is the reason why. Yes Emma cares very much for her students and charges but Emma's cruel selfish nature is what made her unique. Now she and Scott have just become the super-cool king and queen of mutandom, and I'm bored mindless of them.

I suspect this will be good cus fraction is good. I also like the fact that it is going back to a part of her that seems to be forgotten lately. How much she really does care for the students and what extent she will go to in order to protect them.
    Hi, my name is Peter Parker and I make satanic pacts with demons. .I shall not buy Amazing Spider-Man until the marriage returns. Be a part of the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    I loved this quote: 'Emma's central reason for being is that she wants to protect her people, whether it was her school kids in Genosha, the Hellions, or her current charges-all of mutantkind,” Fraction said. “That's what she wants more than anything in the world, "

Really? Not Scott? Not power or control or anything like that? Nothing selfish at all? Watch as the 'saint"ification of Emma occurs right in front of us.

I loved Emma in Gen X and I can't stand her now and I know this is the reason why. Yes Emma cares very much for her students and charges but Emma's cruel selfish nature is what made her unique. Now she and Scott have just become the super-cool king and queen of mutandom, and I'm bored mindless of them.
    Can't it be both? There are many people out there who convince themselves that their desire for power is altruistic because they want to serve others, but at the end of the day the egotistical desire for power trumps that. I'd say that most politicians are this way. At least those who aren't honest with themselves, that is.

Wait... wasn't Osborn "dead" by the time Shaw pulled his coup to take over the Hellfire Club?!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    Wait... wasn't Osborn "dead" by the time Shaw pulled his coup to take over the Hellfire Club?!
    I've been wondering that too. Timelines don't add up, and why is Selene there? Didn't Shaw control the club well before she came along?

Quote Originally Posted by f4faith View Post
    I loved this quote: 'Emma's central reason for being is that she wants to protect her people, whether it was her school kids in Genosha, the Hellions, or her current charges-all of mutantkind, Fraction said. That's what she wants more than anything in the world, "

You think the Emma of Gen X wouldn't have done the same?
    Boobs

Ambivalent about twitter.

Seeing the art makes me realize shaw's head is too big for his body

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    I don't believe this takes place right after the coup since Donald Pierce would have been White King. I think Shaw was just merely saying that he's annoyed that he hasn't found a suitable replacement for Pierce yet.

This takes place some time before Mags becomes White King (New Mutants time)...Selene was around that time. Emma tried to get Firestar to assassinate her.

Iron Man v3 #37 Norman, Emma, Shaw, Selene, Stark, Fisk and many more were all at a gala. But this isn't the issue Fraction found...he found another instance where they all where there.

Selene also sent her condolensces to Emma when her school burnt down.
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-21-2009 at 10:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I've been wondering that too. Timelines don't add up, and why is Selene there? Didn't Shaw control the club well before she came along?
    exactly. and shaw would never speak that way to selene. he used to be terrified of her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't believe this takes place right after the coup since Donald Pierce would have been White King. I think Shaw was just merely saying that he's annoyed that he hasn't found a suitable replacement for Pierce yet.

This takes place some time before Mags becomes White King (New Mutants time)...Selene was around that time. Emma tried to get Firestar to assassinate her.

Iron Man v3 #37 Norman, Emma, Shaw, Selene, Stark, Fisk and many more were all at a gala. But this isn't the issue Fraction found...he found another instance where they all where there.

Selene also sent her condolensces to Emma when her school burnt down.
    Wasn't Osborne out of the picture at that point?

"that got me thinking about Namor, who is the first mutant."

What the hell is he talking about?
    Boobs

Ambivalent about twitter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    exactly. and shaw would never speak that way to selene. he used to be terrified of her.
    Well, that's supposed to be Tessa, obviously, but Fraction has been instructed not to use her by CC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    "that got me thinking about Namor, who is the first mutant."

What the hell is he talking about?
    Namor is known as "the first mutant" in the Marvel Universe.

This was decided before Apocalypse and Selene were created, but he has kept that title since the retcons.