Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Swierczynski Talks Frank Castle: Punisher

In this month's "Punisher: Frank Castle" #66, the titular vigilante heads to
    Philadelphia, where he's forced into a lethal race against time. CBR News spoke
    with writer Duane Swierczynski about "Six Hours to Kill."

Full article here.

Default Please be as good as Ennis

This article makes me excited again for the Punisher. The last story line (Girls in White Dresses) was boring and pedantic. I fear no one is going to be able to match Ennis' take on the character though.

Quote Originally Posted by Supreme78 View Post
    This article makes me excited again for the Punisher. The last story line (Girls in White Dresses) was boring and pedantic. I fear no one is going to be able to match Ennis' take on the character though.
    If anyone could do it, it'd be Swierczynski. The guy's got a pedigree in crime fiction as long as my leg.

Many novelist has failed as comic book writers crime writers or not.

I think its healthy to not expect anything of Duane S cause then you might be surprised...
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Swierczynski has done a great job with Iron Fist and I'm looking forward to see what he does with Punisher. I don't think he will be Ennis, but I think he'll do well in his own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    Many novelist has failed as comic book writers crime writers or not.

I think its healthy to not expect anything of Duane S cause then you might be surprised...
    Lest we forget, Swierczynski is currently writing two monthly titles. He's also already published one Punisher one-shot that I seem to remember enjoying rather much. I'd say he's more than just a novelist at this point.

A few issues of IF doesnt make him a comic book writer. Thats unfair against all the writers in the bizz that worked many years to get their chance.

He is a semi famous crime writer who has done few comic books thats all.

Im not saying he is bad or anything he wrote the one shot with Randall i liked. Im just saying he is still a novelist trying comic books.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Card13 View Post
    If anyone could do it, it'd be Swierczynski. The guy's got a pedigree in crime fiction as long as my leg.
    I think the differnce, I think, is that Ennis didn't write crime stories. He wrote war/spy stories (usually but not always) dressed up as crime stories.

Ennis wrote about a soldier. Swierczynski writes about a vigilante.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

I've really been digging Duane S. "Forces of Nature" wasn't that great, but it cost five bucks and didn't have a plot, so I'm sure these issues will get him more mention.

I think Lacombe's Punisher is weak as hell, though. To me Frank is Dolph Lundgren or Dorian Yates, not Chris Meloni.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Card13 View Post

yea i agree, swierczynski has the dark humour and the wit too match Ennis's writting......