Page 4 of 88 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

I loved Exiles Mimic. That counts right?
    The Large Hadron Collider on the France-Switzerland border inadvertently will crush the Earth out of existence (unlikely, but at least humanity's final thought would be, "Blame the French")

Quote Originally Posted by sneggz View Post
    I loved Exiles Mimic. That counts right?
    Of course it should count! Its a Mimic thread, not a Mimic 616 thread.

I'm also a huge fan of Exiles Mimic (naturally) and I still can't believe Bedard killed him off! The guy even said that Mimic was his favourite character. What is that all about?

Quote Originally Posted by mimic_616 View Post
    This is what's confusing about 616 Mimic's powers. As the Excalibur issues show, he dosen't just copy powers but the person's skills as well (e.g. Kitty's ninja skills.) Also if anyone has seen Marvel Presents #59-61 (I think) where Mimic is brought back from the brink of death by being in close proximity to Wolverine, he actually turns into Wolverine! So it's hard to identify the range of his abilities.

However he can copy more than five powers at one time as HoM Mimic showed.

Part 1

Correct in Marvel Presents # 59-61, Mimic = Wolverine.

Due to Cal's out of control powers he mimics the entire qualities of Wolverine. Possibly due to powers being affected by Gamma radiation or something else...

Part 2

In Marvel Presents # 61 it's revealed a machine Cal's father built is keeping his powers in check and possibly stuck on Wolverine.

The Mimic doesn't want to be dependent on the machine to have powers. Wolverine sends him to find himself at a temple.

Mimic reappears in X-Force # 45, having his powers no longer dependent on a machine, but having them as his own.
    Retaining the original 5 powers he first absorbed, he can't control his mimicing - like the first time he got his powers.

As for House of M - Mimic, you got me. Too many powers at once.
    Last edited by MIMIC616; 01-16-2009 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post

Mimic reappears in X-Force # 45, having his powers no longer dependent on a machine, but having them as his own.
    Retaining the original 5 powers he first absorbed, he can't control his mimicing - like the first time he got his powers.

As for House of M - Mimic, you got me. Too many powers at once.
    What? Cal never had to depend on the machine to keep his powers. His father created the thing to remove his powers, where as Cal though it was made to help him keep the powers he mimiced.

However I don't understand the reason he appeared in X-Force #45 having the powers of the original X-Men. Since he lost those twice!

Quote Originally Posted by mimic_616 View Post
    What? Cal never had to depend on the machine to keep his powers. His father created the thing to remove his powers, where as Cal though it was made to help him keep the powers he mimiced.

However I don't understand the reason he appeared in X-Force #45 having the powers of the original X-Men. Since he lost those twice!
    Magic. I want to say magic, lol.

I just reread the MCP # 61, pages above state that the machine was keeping Cal's powers under control within a certain range. Cal didn't want to be dependent on that machine to keep his powers under control. So Wolverine informs him about what helped him gain control over his powers. Cal is sent to a temple practice his own control over his powers.

My bad, I didn't double check my previous post before.

As for his original 5 powers "magically" reappearing - maybe another flare up?

His body/genetic remembered what first super powers trigger his abilities and decided to be a permanent reminder of what Calvin's lost?

Onslaught could have switched his powers on high making them out of control?

Marcio Takara

Billy Tan

Who are the artists who drew each one?

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    Who are the artists who drew each one?
    1. Left to Right:
    Billy Tan, Alvin Lee, Jeff Moy, Karl Kerschl,Yanick Paquette.

2. Left to Right:
    Danielle Corsetto, Jeff Moy (again.), Kameron Gates, Karl Kerschl (again.), Michael Avon Oeming.

3. Left to Right:
    Marcio Takara, Gregory Titus, Gregg Schigiel, Francis Manapul, and Kate Bradley.

1. Left to Right:
    Billy Tan, Alvin Lee, Jeff Moy, Karl Kerschl,Yanick Paquette.

2. Left to Right:
    Danielle Corsetto, Jeff Moy (again.), Kameron Gates, Karl Kerschl (again.), Michael Avon Oeming.

3. Left to Right:
    Marcio Takara, Gregory Titus, Gregg Schigiel, Francis Manapul, and Kate Bradley.
    Sweet..
    So what powers does Mimic have now? When Mimic appeared in Uncanny X-Men #379, the High Evolutionary's anti-mutant wave removed the power templates of the five original X-Men from Calvin's body. Did he get those powers back after the Evolutionary's satellite was disabled?

Sweet..
    So what powers does Mimic have now? When Mimic appeared in Uncanny X-Men #379, the High Evolutionary's anti-mutant wave removed the power templates of the five original X-Men from Calvin's body. Did he get those powers back after the Evolutionary's satellite was disabled?

Once the switch was turn off, he appears to regain his original powers of the five
    X-Men. Seen in Thunderbolts # 103.

Is it 5 abilities he can have or 6?

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Is it 5 abilities he can have or 6?
    As many as he wants. Unlike Exiles Mimic, 616 Mimic duplicates as many powers as there are superbeings around him, whether that's 1 or 20. However, he seems to lose control the more powers he copies. He's also not limited to powers, so he possesses all of the skills and knowledge of those around him as well. (It was explained in his origin that that's how he got so arrogant- he was automatically as smart as all of his teachers, as athletic as the greatest athlete around him, etc.) And he doesn't copy them at half power like Exiles Mimic.

On the downside, 616 Mimic hasn't shown the ability to consciously choose which powers to keep like Exiles Mimic can, and is prone to getting overloaded. Plus, he looks like he kinda smells.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell