Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Icarus View Post
    WHy did shadowbrat repost everything
    I am really confused
    OMG LOL.

I just realized.

She/He was mimicking.

So lolwut.

I'm so glad to see I'm not the only Mimic fan out there. I love Mimic's potential, either as a hero or a villain, but hate that no one uses him. I mean he doesn't just Mimic mutants, but any superhuman, so the potential is limitless.

That's why I was so happy when Exiles Mimic showed up, and was crushed when he was killed.

616 Mimic was the first X-man to become a villain too I believe (not counting X-men who were villains first, like Changeling or Magneto, or those who were possessed like Polaris by Malice).

Seeing him in HoM Civil War is great, and it seemed the writer really grasped his potential. Pity Mags still kicked his ass.

We should bagder writers in every interview about him, and continually send questions into X-Position asking for the writers to use him. Eventually they'll cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbering Fool View Post
    We should bagder writers in every interview about him, and continually send questions into X-Position asking for the writers to use him. Eventually they'll cave.
    X-POSITION: MARC GUGGENHEIM
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=15908

X-POSITION: FIRST CLASS
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=16020

X-POSITION: FIRST CLASS
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=17769

At least, we can look forward for Mimic to appear in the X-Men: First Class Final mini.
    Last edited by MIMIC616; 01-13-2009 at 10:00 PM.

Jeff Moy

Agnes Garbowska

That last two are beautiful!
    I am not familiar with the artist
    I guess I could google...
    wow.
    paft.yaiekes!.
    [tumbl me]

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Icarus View Post
    That last two are beautiful!
    I am not familiar with the artist
    I guess I could google...
    Agnes Garbowska
    http://evilwabbit.deviantart.com/

Yanick Paquette - (Mimic and Blindfold)

(Mimic and Val Cooper)

Paquette, a very nice guy and I would recommend anyone to say hi at a Con.

Fernando Granea

MICHAEL AVON OEMING

Awesome thread and LOOK at all these pics!! Very nice!

Hopefully we will see more of my main man Calvin in 616. His appearance in Civil War: House of HoM #3 and #4 was promising. It showed some writers are still willing to use him no matter how short his appearances are.

As for which version of him I like best? Hmmm...well for 616 it has to be the scruffy version, but maybe the artists could give him a tidy up like in HoM.

The main reason I think writers don't like to use him though is the power level and the amount of powers he can copy. See in Exiles they sorted that all out, five powers, half the strength and he can keep them for as long as he wants. In 616 however its a proximity thing and there is no amount to the number of powers he can copy.

I mean can anyone imagine 616 Mimic living at the school? He would a power house....until end of term.

I like scruffy homeless Mimic as well. If he was last seen being kept by the Initiative, I'd like to see him brought around in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by mimic_616 View Post
    The main reason I think writers don't like to use him though is the power level and the amount of powers he can copy. See in Exiles they sorted that all out, five powers, half the strength and he can keep them for as long as he wants. In 616 however its a proximity thing and there is no amount to the number of powers he can copy.

I mean can anyone imagine 616 Mimic living at the school? He would a power house....until end of term.
    He wasn't the most popular student at Xaviers, but they all remember him.

Andie Tong

I figure, he can copy only 5 powers at a time. However, he still retains the original 5 as his own powers - so he can swap back to them even though they aren't around.

A writer could reduce him to Exiles Mimic status, saying he can have more control over them if his abilities are cut in half.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Interesting theory. I guess it depends on how many powers he's been shown using at the same time. I remember in that Excalibur story, he copied Kitty's phasing (and ninja skills), Colossus' steel skin, Nightcrawler's teleportation, fur, and tail, and Douglock's techno-organic nature all at once, while still maintaining Angel's wings. That's 5 right there, but I can't remember if he used any other powers at the same time, which would either confirm or disprove the theory, I suppose.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Interesting theory. I guess it depends on how many powers he's been shown using at the same time. I remember in that Excalibur story, he copied Kitty's phasing (and ninja skills), Colossus' steel skin, Nightcrawler's teleportation, fur, and tail, and Douglock's techno-organic nature all at once, while still maintaining Angel's wings. That's 5 right there, but I can't remember if he used any other powers at the same time, which would either confirm or disprove the theory, I suppose.

-D
    Part 1

Inside the cover is the profile of the Mimic in the recap page.

In X-Force # 46, the Mimic absorbs Warpath's powers. In theory he swapped out Iceman's powers for Warpath and goes back to them, due to the nature of Warpath's abilities.

The same thing happens again with the Mimic and Sunspot later in the issue.

Part 2

While on the cover Excalibur # 123, it shows the Mimic using all the original 5 powers + Shadow Cat, Nightcrawler, Colossus, and Douglock. Making the total to 9 powers at once.

During the issue the Mimic adapts Nightcrawler, Shadow Cat, and Colossus.
    Possibly replacing them for Iceman, Beast, and Marvel Girl powers.

Except the Mimic's appearance is not the same as the cover, making the case he didn't absorb Douglock's abilities.

Douglock used his powers to overload the Mimic and save his teammates from him instead.

Making this theory seem plausible, I hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    He wasn't the most popular student at Xaviers, but they all remember him.

Andie Tong

I figure, he can copy only 5 powers at a time. However, he still retains the original 5 as his own powers - so he can swap back to them even though they aren't around.

A writer could reduce him to Exiles Mimic status, saying he can have more control over them if his abilities are cut in half.

This is what's confusing about 616 Mimic's powers. As the Excalibur issues show, he dosen't just copy powers but the person's skills as well (e.g. Kitty's ninja skills.) Also if anyone has seen Marvel Presents #59-61 (I think) where Mimic is brought back from the brink of death by being in close proximity to Wolverine, he actually turns into Wolverine! So it's hard to identify the range of his abilities.

However he can copy more than five powers at one time as HoM Mimic showed.