Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Mimic Appreciation

I didn't see a Mimic Thread anywhere, so here it is.

I like the Mimic and hope one day he can be used in a better capacity like a trainer for the New X-Men.

Discuss this here.

Starting off, which Mimic costume would look the best?

Classic:

Scruffy:

Exiles:

Evolution:

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

I prefer the scruffy version myself. Mimic should always look like a quasi-homeless person because, let's face it, the only reason the guy's not a major player on the superhero/villain scene is because he can't get his shiz together. He's one of the potentially most powerful beings on the planet -- hell, he permanently has the powers of two omega mutants -- but he's a joke. And I say that with a lot of love, because I really like the character, but nobody takes him seriously. If anything Exiles Mimic only serves to highlight the differences between what he could be, and what the 616 version actually is. No control, no ambition.

That said, if I were a comic writer, I would looove to get ahold of him for a miniseries. Lots of stuff that could be done with his abilities, and plenty of lost years to fill in.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Brood Mimic looks awesome.

I didn't see a Mimic Thread anywhere, so here it is.

I like the Mimic and hope one day he can be used in a better capacity like a trainer for the New X-Men.

Discuss this here.

Starting off, which Mimic costume would look the best?

Classic:

Scruffy:

Exiles:

Evolution:

I prefer the scruffy version myself. Mimic should always look like a quasi-homeless person because, let's face it, the only reason the guy's not a major player on the superhero/villain scene is because he can't get his shiz together. He's one of the potentially most powerful beings on the planet -- hell, he permanently has the powers of two omega mutants -- but he's a joke. And I say that with a lot of love, because I really like the character, but nobody takes him seriously. If anything Exiles Mimic only serves to highlight the differences between what he could be, and what the 616 version actually is. No control, no ambition.

That said, if I were a comic writer, I would looove to get ahold of him for a miniseries. Lots of stuff that could be done with his abilities, and plenty of lost years to fill in.

-D

I like the Evolution look, t-shirt and jeans.

To me it seems more streamline, except I think a black t-shirt is a more little edgy.

The Exiles costume looks more battle ready and useful in a super fight, than jeans and a t-shirt.

The Mimic is cool.He was the first X-men to not follow Xavier like a blind puppy but he has some anger issues that need dealing with.I'd love to see him back with the X-men in a significant stint.

The Mimic is cool.He was the first X-men to not follow Xavier like a blind puppy but he has some anger issues that need dealing with.I'd love to see him back with the X-men in a significant stint.

If Rogue and Mimic fought, Could Rogue absorb Mimic's abilities
    or would him mimicking Rogue's powers neutralize her touch like it did with Rogue vs Scrambler?

Also, can Mimic copy someone's powers while they're unconcious? Here's an example:
    Say he's fighting Storm and knocks her out. Could he still Mimic her while she's knocked out?

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    If Rogue and Mimic fought, Could Rogue absorb Mimic's abilities
    or would him mimicking Rogue's powers neutralize her touch like it did with Rogue vs Scrambler?

Also, can Mimic copy someone's powers while they're unconcious? Here's an example:
    Say he's fighting Storm and knocks her out. Could he still Mimic her while she's knocked out?
    Most definitely,Justin.In his first couple of appearances in Uncanny he only needed to be within a certain area of the person to imitate their power.He could not choose to imitate it.His body automatically developed the power.I get the feeling in eary issues of Uncanny this imitation radius may have been a couple of miles(?).Touch was not necessary to develop the power.

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    If Rogue and Mimic fought, Could Rogue absorb Mimic's abilities or would him mimicking Rogue's powers neutralize her touch like it did with Rogue vs Scrambler?
    That is a good question.

Part 1: My idea for the 616 Mimic timeline to current events.

After the events of “Hunt for Xavier,” the Brotherhood remains without Xavier.

X-51 # 1&2 – Mystique hires the Brotherhood to find Machine Man’s head. Machine Man reboots with a LMD body and becomes X-51. Defeating the Brotherhood.

X-51 # 6 – Val Cooper, frees the Mimic in exchange for some information.

Val Cooper turns the Mimic into an undercover agent for the CSA.

Uncanny X-Men # 379 - The Mimic brings the Brotherhood back together to help him. Until, the High Evolutionary cancels out all the mutant powers making Mimic the only one with powers.

Mimic regains his entire powers and begins posing as other villains gathering super-powered criminal information.

Part 2:

Thunderbolts # 103 – The Mimic was arrested by Thunderbolts and released his after CSA identity was revealed.

During Secret Invasion, he was denied a teaching position with the Avengers Initiative, thanks to the Skrulls on base.
    The Mimic fights the Super Skrulls during the Invasion.

Dark Reign Mimic:

Emma Frost brings the Mimic in to train the Young/New X-Men.

The Mimic being there could upset the balance between Cyclops and Emma Frost’s secrets or Norman forces the Mimic into training the villains he put away.

Quote Originally Posted by MIMIC616 View Post
    Part 2:

Thunderbolts # 103 – The Mimic was arrested by Thunderbolts and released his after CSA identity was revealed.

During Secret Invasion, he was denied a teaching position with the Avengers Initiative, thanks to the Skrulls on base.
    The Mimic fights the Super Skrulls during the Invasion.

Dark Reign Mimic:

Emma Frost brings the Mimic in to train the Young/New X-Men.

The Mimic being there could upset the balance between Cyclops and Emma Frost’s secrets or Norman forces the Mimic into training the villains he put away.

Is an Dark Reign Mimic comic actually going to happen? If so when is it coming out?