Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Is Karima still dead/destroyed from her fight with Hellion? I'd like to see someone put her together again so she can return. I think it'd be interesting to see the two of them interact again. We saw that Hellion felt bad for what he did, but then again, Karima actually ASKED him to do it, because she knew her Sentinel programming was taking control, and she didn't want to hurt anyone.

I want her back as well. Maybe Wood will pick her up for X-men. Hell maybe we will actually get to see some character development with Hellion over in Wolverine and the X-men. Whatever it takes I just want her back.
    Black characters always get looter powers.
    ~darknessatnoon

Retired

Brian Wood recently tweeted her cover for X-Men Legacy and asked who drew it. There's hope. Maybe.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Very cool. Surprise character in X-Men perhaps? That'd be awesome.

Post Editing OCD Confuzzled Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    Brian Wood recently tweeted her cover for X-Men Legacy and asked who drew it. There's hope. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyD410 View Post
    Very cool. Surprise character in X-Men perhaps? That'd be awesome.
    Yes, please! Karima's tech/brick powers would be incredibly unique for that team, as would her personality. Among all of the current X-ladies, I see her to be the most viable contender to take Adult Jean Grey's vacant position of compassionate and protective mother/sister powered up goddess in the X-Men.

I know I missed Omega before, but today, I was overcome with a feeling of emptiness without her in a book after flipping through my Supernovas trade last night.

That and the fact she's in the Avengers Alliance game as a playable and dominates.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    I know I missed Omega before, but today, I was overcome with a feeling of emptiness without her in a book after flipping through my Supernovas trade last night.

That and the fact she's in the Avengers Alliance game as a playable and dominates.
    I heard that the developers completely gutted her back story, making her out to be some kind of Avengers character. Quite upsetting really. She has one of the most unique and interesting origins of all the X-Men. I hope it's not a sign that she's to join Avengers A.I. I do not trust Humphries with her at all. She ought to return to X-Men Legacy. Karima was one of Xavier's last and most loyal students, she'd make an interesting foil to Legion, and Spurrier would definitely do her justice. I think it'd also be fun to see her possessed by Malice once more, and to join her former Marauder team-mates in Mystique's new Brotherhood.

I heard that the developers completely gutted her back story, making her out to be some kind of Avengers character. Quite upsetting really.
    It turned my stomach, reading the bio they provided. I choose to ignore it and be happy Karima is playable somewhere.

She has one of the most unique and interesting origins of all the X-Men. I hope it's not a sign that she's to join Avengers A.I. I do not trust Humphries with her at all. She ought to return to X-Men Legacy. Karima was one of Xavier's last and most loyal students, she'd make an interesting foil to Legion, and Spurrier would definitely do her justice. I think it'd also be fun to see her possessed by Malice once more, and to join her former Marauder team-mates in Mystique's new Brotherhood.
    It's too bad Gillen isn't on the X-books anymore. I would love to see Unit recruit her.

Karima in Legacy would also be awesome!

She needs a reboot. For sure. I feel like she really got misused by Carey, who should have just left her in limbo if he really didn't care about her. She could have been a better character if someone else had seen her potential. But now we can only hope someone will have use for a cyborg sentinel somewhere in the X-books.

My wish for her would be for her to be restored by either Madison Jeffries and join Alpha Flight, or be fixed by Dr. Nemesis and Forge and join Cable's X-Force, or maybe have Spiral work on her and upgrade her for Uncanny X-Force. She could be of use on any of those teams. There are so many ways to bring her back yet no one seems to be eager to salvage her. Sad. I guess it's up to us fans to remind them how exceptional she is.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Justin K. View Post
    I'm a firm believer of women in comics having ridiculously full, and thick hair, but this is just too much, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdiviner View Post
    She needs a reboot. For sure. I feel like she really got misused by Carey, who should have just left her in limbo if he really didn't care about her. She could have been a better character if someone else had seen her potential. But now we can only hope someone will have use for a cyborg sentinel somewhere in the X-books.
    I disagree entirely. It was Carey who took Omega Sentiel from her niche background and placed her at the forefront of the X-Men, developping her into a fully-formed, compelling character. He was building to something with Karima that was unfortunately interrupted when was chased away from X-Men Legacy. He clearly had a soft spot for her. Beyond Rogue, Karima was the only member of the Supernovas team to be a consistent presence throughout the entirety of Carey's run, bleeding over from the team-book into both solo perspectives.

I'm a firm believer of women in comics having ridiculously full, and thick hair, but this is just too much, lol.

I disagree entirely. It was Carey who took Omega Sentiel from her niche background and placed her at the forefront of the X-Men, developping her into a fully-formed, compelling character. He was building to something with Karima that was unfortunately interrupted when was chased away from X-Men Legacy. He clearly had a soft spot for her. Beyond Rogue, Karima was the only member of the Supernovas team to be a consistent presence throughout the entirety of Carey's run, bleeding over from the team-book into both solo perspectives.
    I agree he did a great service to her by including her in his initial run but it didn't take long before she come off as token/pet character, who got no real development or depth. It wasn't long that her made her a villain thanks to Malice.Malware (how a psychic entity can turn into a digital virus is beyond ridiculous). He then could have brought her back, sans Malice, and work along side Charles and/or Erik who she had an established bonds with but her left her with the Acolytes?! Then as continued with Legacy he fell in love with Danger and Frenzy as his pet and token characters and used her as and kept Karima in limbo thoughout the whole Bastion/Second Coming event when it would have been interesting to have her part of the story what with her sentinel programming and all, but no. He then remembers her after the fact and instead of keeping her functioning and with a chance to get more exposure agains he decides to her shut down so she can't even be wallpaper. Karima needs a writer who values her uniqueness.

Brian Wood announced at C2E2 that "a seventh, as of yet unseen cast member on the book(X-Men) will join the book on the very last page of issue #1." Really, REALLY hoping this turns out to be Karima. He was asking about her Legacy cover some time back.

Retired

Less than a week till Karima's potential return. Here's a redesign by Regourso and some fan art by Tanaka Misaki in the meantime.

Soo cute.

And really hoping the Mysterious 7th Member of X-Men is indeed Karima. Please let it be so and not some letdown predictable shit like Teen Jean.