Default Captain America Ed Brubaker series help

Hey so i got Winter-soldier vol 1 and vol 2, but im confused at why vol 2 is missing an issue, and where do i go from here?

Can someone link me or tell me the correct book order (softcover trades) to get up to current issues? I think red menace comes next, but i don't understand why the trades leave issues out. anyways, an order to the books would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I've been reading Brubaker's Cap in trades as well - and did wonder the same thing myself. Finished The Death of Captain America 2 not long ago however and can't say the missing issues spoiled anything. I assume what was left out had no bearing on the actual ongoing plot.

My trades are:

Winter Soldier 1+2
    Red Menace 1+2
    The Death of Captain America 1+2

I think The Death of Captain America 3 came out in Hardcover not long since and when it comes out in Paperback I'll be snapping that up as well because the whole thing has been a brilliant read.

Administrator Expletive Deleted's Avatar

That's the "House of M" tie-in issue, #10. It's 100% skippable. The story from #9 continues directly into #11.
    Expletive Deleted

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

What he said.

If you get the Omnibus (1-25 plus the Anniversary Issue and Winter Soldier 1 shot) it includes #10 but at the end of the book.

It's a pretty good issue though. Easily the best thing to come out of House Of Meh. Well worth picking out of a backissue bin.

It's basically What If... Captain America Never Got Frozen In Ice. Brubaker takes some rather unconventional choices with it.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

cool thanks guys. So Death Of C.A. brings it close to current releases? i know it's only at like 44 or 45

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    cool thanks guys. So Death Of C.A. brings it close to current releases? i know it's only at like 44 or 45
    Here's the whole list of trades:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier Vol. 1 (#1-7)
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier Vol. 2 (#8-9, 11-14)
    Captain America: Red Menace Vol. 1 (#15-17, 65th Anniversary Special)
    Captain America: Red Menace Vol. 2 (#18-21)
    Captain America: Civil War (#22-24, Winter Soldier: Winter Kills)
    Captain America: The Death of Captain America Vol. 1: The Death of Dreams (#25-30)
    Captain America: The Death of Captain America Vol. 2: The Burden of Dreams (#31-36)
    Captain America: The Death of Captain America Vol. 3: The Man Who Bought America (#37-42) (only available in hardcover at the moment)
    Robert Eddleman
    Panels on Pages

Comic reader since 1977 Spenser for Hire's Avatar

I just picked up Death of Captain America Vol 1-2 and am enjoying them. I will wait to get Vol 3 when it comes out in tradepaperback.
    Spenser with an s... like the poet.

Grimjack is the man Wolverine wishes he could be.

thanks guys. Im geeked. I'm excited to get reading these again. Its been about 2 weeks since i finished CA:WS vol. 2 so i'll have to re-read the last issue and pick up the rest of the trades this wednesday when i stop in to my LCS.

thanks agian guys. Great community here =)

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Glad you're enjoying it. I picked up Cap 25 amidst all the hooplah and thought it was great. I picked up 33 during my LCS Christmas sale and decided to get 34 to see the new Cap. Figured might as well fill in the pieces between 25-34 and fell in love. Picked up the Omnibus not long after and never looked back. :)

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    Glad you're enjoying it. I picked up Cap 25 amidst all the hooplah and thought it was great. I picked up 33 during my LCS Christmas sale and decided to get 34 to see the new Cap. Figured might as well fill in the pieces between 25-34 and fell in love. Picked up the Omnibus not long after and never looked back. :)
    I did similar. Read the Civil War arc, but planned to drop it after. Then I heard #25 would be big, so I grabbed that. After that, I was curious where they'd go with Cap dead, so I continued getting it. Only took a few issues to fall in love and, like you, buy the Omnibus. It has been my favorite book month-in and month-out since #25.
    Get your comics from HAIRComics!
    And come visit their Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    That's the "House of M" tie-in issue, #10. It's 100% skippable. The story from #9 continues directly into #11.
    This was the first issue of the series I bought, back before I realized how awesome this series was and is (been collecting as trades) - solely because of Lee Weeks' art.