Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by J. Robb View Post
    I agree. Put PAD on Fantastic Four with one of those great up-and-coming artists he always seems to work with.
    That's so right. He would be perfect for it..... I can't believe I never realized that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Really. I can't say that I've been following the character since the early issues of the recent present-day Invaders book, but my understanding was that Union Jack had been involved sexually with Spitfire, his best friend's mother (although she's been rejuvenated, so it's almost understandable.) Has something been revealed about him that I've missed?

Sandy Hausler

Sorry I don't want to seem like I am a source of misinformation as I got mixed up with the former Union Jack namley Brian.

Wiki had this on him:

Brian Falsworth is interesting as being, possibly, the first (chronologically speaking) homosexual Marvel Comics superhero.

Hope I have cleared that up.

You know, in thinking it over, he'll porbably do something that none of us have thought of. So why bother hashing it out?

Sandy Hausler

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

In order of preferfence:

Namor.

'nuff said.

Actually Deadpool would be good (though Way is doing agreat job) and anything with Quicksilver would also be good. An Inhumans book (with Quicky) would be great.

A Lady Liberators title. The She-Hulk Annual was fantastic. I've really enjoyed his run on her book and I love his characterization of Valkyrie.

I did a thread on this an year ago.

Some choices...
    Fantastic Four: I'm enjoying Millar/ Hitch's run on the title, but when that's over they're going to need a high profile writer to take over the book, and I think Peter David will be perfect. He can definitely blend the family dynamics with crazy sci-fi adventures. And fans of his would go apeshit for guest-star appearances by the Hulk and Spider-Man. Also. if Marvel ever chooses to do a Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four monthly, Peter David would be the perfect fit for writer (possibly with Alan Davis on art.)

An ICON book: Fallen Angel is amongst the man's best work, so I would not mind seeing him do more creative owned work, especially with the awesome artists in Marvel's stable.

Harlan Ellison's I Robot: Harlan Ellison did a movie script based on Issac Asimov's robot stories. It joined Ellison's few dozen unproduced screenplays, although the script has been published, and Peter David recommended it in his book Writing for Comics. Given Marvel's success in licensed comics, I think it would be cool to see the story adapted as a comic book, and I can't think of anyone better than Peter David, who is familiar with the work, knows Harlan Ellison and has been acclaimed for doing something similar with the Dark Tower books. Adi Granov would be my top choice for artist.

Jonah- A The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck type mini series about J Jonah Jameson's rise from Daily Bugle copy boy to owner of a media empire.

Deadpool- Because Peter David's the funniest writer in comics, but can also do action & pathos well.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You did a thread "a year" ago - not "an year". It's a common mistake to think that any word beginning with a vowel gets "an" in front of it, but that's a misconception. In fact, you go by the first sound of the word.

So it would be an honor to get an honorary title in the Cleveland Indians, and it could be that a hundred people show up to that game.

(I'm not trying to be snobby, I screw grammar/spelling stuff up all the time too. Just wanted to point it out is all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Deadpool- Because Peter David's the funniest writer in comics, but can also do action & pathos well.
    Couldn't have put it better myself, Mets!

Oh, and another thought that's just popped into my head: Nova by Peter David...
    R.I.P. Don't pee in the (Dead)pool, November 2007 - January 2013

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fixit View Post
    Sorry I don't want to seem like I am a source of misinformation as I got mixed up with the former Union Jack namley Brian.

Wiki had this on him:

Brian Falsworth is interesting as being, possibly, the first (chronologically speaking) homosexual Marvel Comics superhero.

Hope I have cleared that up.
    Now has anyone ever seen any actual indication of this in any comic book? Or is this just more Wiki garbage that someone made up and you got suckered into believing?

Quote Originally Posted by GHalecki View Post
    Now has anyone ever seen any actual indication of this in any comic book? Or is this just more Wiki garbage that someone made up and you got suckered into believing?

The word possibly would indicate no fact is being stated and I see it as a intresting possibilty where there is nothing to be suckered into in the first place.

Child of Light Harold of the Rocks's Avatar

Talking Back on Spidey!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymike View Post
    I want him to continue the excellent work he's doing on She-Hulk. Jen and Jaz and the Lady Liberators are great stuff. I hope Marvel reconsiders.

If not---then I am all for a Lady Liberators series starring She-Hulk front and center and PAD writing. Frank Cho on art would be wonderful.

But my first choice is more, more, more She-Hulk !!!
    I agree 100% with this. More She-Hulk!!

One other suggestion / idea / lament...

Add him to the Amazing Spider-Man creative team! His 'Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man' work was excellent as far as I'm concerned. I was always hoping that he was going to be integrated into the creative team following OMD, but obviously he was not. He's perfect for AMS, especially when you consider the focus on the people around Peter (old and new) has been widened!

I keep popping in here hoping to hear a Lady Liberator's title has been announced... damn disappointment!!!