Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: WEEK OF TOP COW: Filip Sablik

Our WEEK OF TOP COW feature continues with an in-depth chat with Publisher
    Filip Sablik about his rise from marketing manager to head of the Cow's comics
    operation, online initiatives, Pilot Season, and more.

Full article here.

KodyChamberlian.com

Filip is also a talented artist. Did a live art jam piece with him at a convention a while back. I had no idea he has such mad skills.

www.imageaddiction.net michaeljsmith's Avatar

So if Fall of 2009 is the Pilot Season winners when should we expect Urban Myths? Spring of 2010? How many signatures do you want on the petition to bring the book back before we can expect to see some interest from Top Cow?

Yes, I know I am asking the hard questions today

Quote Originally Posted by BrikHed21 View Post
    So if Fall of 2009 is the Pilot Season winners when should we expect Urban Myths? Spring of 2010? How many signatures do you want on the petition to bring the book back before we can expect to see some interest from Top Cow?

Yes, I know I am asking the hard questions today
    Hard questions, BrikHed? These aren't tough questions, the tough ones are "What's the meaning of life?", "Will I ever find my soulmate?", and "How many licks does it take to get to the center of Tootsie Pop?"

On a more serious note, while we love Urban Myths, we're going to let the winners of Pilot Season 2009 get their time in the spotlight before addressing the future of Urban Myths in any concrete way. We've definitely spoken to Jay about where he would take Jack's adventures, but in the meantime you can check out his take on Sara Pezzini and the Witchblade in February's Witchblade Annual

Thanks for checking out the interview!

Take care,
    Filip Sablik
    Publisher
    Top Cow Productions

Get Artifacts Volume 1 Trade for only $10!

Quote Originally Posted by filipsablik View Post
    Hard questions, BrikHed? These aren't tough questions, the tough ones are "What's the meaning of life?",
    Comics

"Will I ever find my soulmate?", and
    Yes, she is going to enter you life in 131 days from now

"How many licks does it take to get to the center of Tootsie Pop?"

TWO

On a more serious note, while we love Urban Myths, we're going to let the winners of Pilot Season 2009 get their time in the spotlight before addressing the future of Urban Myths in any concrete way
    Thanks for the update and I agree let the winners shine but we all want more more Urban Myths and really hope that happens

Quote Originally Posted by BrikHed21 View Post

Yes, she is going to enter you life in 131 days from now

Wow, I hope your prognostication is off, Brik, since Filip just got hitched a couple of months ago...
    Writer of Common Grounds, Twilight Guardian, and lots of other stuff. Nothing on the stands at the moment, but I've lost 35 pounds (probably from poverty).

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie Greg Anderson's Avatar

Good read! I think Filip's been going a good job and is a really fun guy pimpin' his books out. I've been really interested in checking out some Top Cow stuff (Impaler and Darkness, here I come!) and although I dropped Witchblade a long while back (not that it was a bad book, somehow I just fell out of it around the time Danielle started appearing) I'm always telling people that it is in fact a good book when people jump into conclusion that it's a T&A book. I always ask them, "Have you actually read Witchblade to come to that conclusion?"

But yeah, anywho, good read! And I must say this wouldn't be a true Greg Anderson post without me asking Filip himself what's going on with that David Hine Darkness book?
    Greg Anderson: Blackized Anti-Sterotypist!

Free Umbra!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Anderson View Post
    Good read! I think Filip's been going a good job and is a really fun guy pimpin' his books out. I've been really interested in checking out some Top Cow stuff (Impaler and Darkness, here I come!) and although I dropped Witchblade a long while back (not that it was a bad book, somehow I just fell out of it around the time Danielle started appearing) I'm always telling people that it is in fact a good book when people jump into conclusion that it's a T&A book. I always ask them, "Have you actually read Witchblade to come to that conclusion?"

But yeah, anywho, good read! And I must say this wouldn't be a true Greg Anderson post without me asking Filip himself what's going on with that David Hine Darkness book?
    Hiya Greg,

I tend to ask folks the same question when they have the T&A misconception about Witchblade. One misconception I'd like to clear up here and now - I'm actually not a "fun guy". It's all an act. Just act Mel Caylo.

The David Hine penned Darkness story is in development. It's a bit early to talk about it, but it is being worked on. And fans of Urban Myths should be pretty happy with it. I've said too much already...

Take care,
    Filip Sablik
    Publisher
    Top Cow Productions

Get Artifacts Volume 1 Trade for only $10!

One misconception I'd like to clear up here and now - I'm actually not a "fun guy". It's all an act. Just act Mel Caylo.

Take care,
    "Just ACT Mel Caylo?" Really, Filip? How would you like me to act?

Assuming my esteemed colleague meant to say, "asked," I can verify that yes, Filip is very dull.

Quote Originally Posted by holeycrullers View Post
    Wow, I hope your prognostication is off, Brik, since Filip just got hitched a couple of months ago...
    Well timing is always an issue isn't it. :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Caylo View Post
    "Just ACT Mel Caylo?" Really, Filip? How would you like me to act?

Assuming my esteemed colleague meant to say, "asked," I can verify that yes, Filip is very dull.
    I'm actually acting Mel Caylo in the new movie blockbuster, "Of Cows and Men." Additional casting includes Emo Phillips as Filip Sablik, Michael Clark Duncan as Matt Hawkins, and Miss Estelle Getty as Rob Levin.

Directed by Uwe Boll. Coming soon to a theater in your deepest nightmares.

Edit: Due to the recent demise of Miss Getty, the part of Rob Levin will be played by her understudy, Verne Troyer.
    Last edited by holeycrullers; 12-06-2008 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Death
    Writer of Common Grounds, Twilight Guardian, and lots of other stuff. Nothing on the stands at the moment, but I've lost 35 pounds (probably from poverty).

Quote Originally Posted by holeycrullers View Post
    I'm actually acting Mel Caylo in the new movie blockbuster, "Of Cows and Men." Additional casting includes Emo Phillips as Filip Sablik, Michael Clark Duncan as Matt Hawkins, and Miss Estelle Getty as Rob Levin.

Directed by Uwe Boll. Coming soon to a theater in your deepest nightmares.

Edit: Due to the recent demise of Miss Getty, the part of Rob Levin will be played by her understudy, Verne Troyer.
    ...huh, you never cease to amaze. I would think that you would be working on some issues for the PILOT SEASON WINNING series Twilight Guardian :rolleyes: