Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sun tzu View Post
    To be honest, one of the things that bother me about HSDK is its approach to romance, especially where Miu is concerned. Both Kenichi and Shou have this weird obsession with "protecting" her...Hell, before the Yomi arc, she sure as heck didn't look like she needed protection! And between Kenichi's refusal (for, what, a year now?) to tell her he loves her, and his moving into the dojo just to be under the same roof as her...I'm not going to call him a stalker, but I can't say I'm really comfortable with some of it. He's a generally awesome guy, but when it comes to Miu...
    He's a lovestruck teen fighter in a comedy/action/romance shonen manga. I wouldn't think too deeply about it (especially with its cast).

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    He's a lovestruck teen fighter in a comedy/action/romance shonen manga. I wouldn't think too deeply about it (especially with its cast).
    I know, but it still makes for some moral dissonance.
    It's nothing major, but it's there.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Does anybody know why they haven't animated beyond the Ragnarok arc? I would've loved to see the D of D tournament being animated.

Is on a Mission from God Lonewolf 5's Avatar

New chapter is out. spoilers:
    Takada now has eyes on Renka and will fight Kenichi for fun.
    end of spoilers

Hm, Takeda and Renka, sure it could work.

I hope that Kenichi takes this parring match more seriously than the one he had against Shinnosuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hm, Takeda and Renka, sure it could work.

I hope that Kenichi takes this parring match more seriously than the one he had against Shinnosuke.
    I agree I hope Kenichi doesn't hold back. I also hope that they really push each other in their match.

I wonder if the God of Destruction will make an appearance in the next chapter?

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

i was wondering if takeda would find a woman for himself, since ukita is after kisara.

i do hope takeda and kenichi have a good match.
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

I'm currently up to chapter nine, and I have to say that I really like this Manga. I especially like the Ryozanpaku masters, especially Apachi.
    Have beer, will drink!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin M. View Post
    I'm currently up to chapter nine, and I have to say that I really like this Manga. I especially like the Ryozanpaku masters, especially Apachi.
    It's always good to see another HSDK fan. I'm glad you like it.

Awesome, awesome manga, I am a huge fan of this series. It's actually inspired me to train more.

Apachai makes me laugh every damn time, but I can't really say I have a favourite character. HSDK is just one of those cool mangas where most of the characters, heroes and villians, are likable.

On Miu's and Kenichi's relationship... well, come on folks, it's a manga, the romances in them move slow as molasses till the end, frustrating but that's the name of the game.

What I personally find frustrating, and possibly the only negative point in the manga, is Kenichi's unchanging cowardice. I don't know, it's probably just me with my crazy background, but one would think that a person who has grown that strong would actually crave some test of his skill. That's why I'm looking forward to the chapters where he spars with either Takeda or Natsu-chan[lol].

Oh, a bit of trivia, the short form of Alexander in Russian isn't Alex, it's Sasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Deskad View Post
    Awesome, awesome manga, I am a huge fan of this series. It's actually inspired me to train more.

Apachai makes me laugh every damn time, but I can't really say I have a favourite character. HSDK is just one of those cool mangas where most of the characters, heroes and villians, are likable.

On Miu's and Kenichi's relationship... well, come on folks, it's a manga, the romances in them move slow as molasses till the end, frustrating but that's the name of the game.

What I personally find frustrating, and possibly the only negative point in the manga, is Kenichi's unchanging cowardice. I don't know, it's probably just me with my crazy background, but one would think that a person who has grown that strong would actually crave some test of his skill. That's why I'm looking forward to the chapters where he spars with either Takeda or Natsu-chan[lol].

Oh, a bit of trivia, the short form of Alexander in Russian isn't Alex, it's Sasha.
    But that's what makes Kenichi unique amongst the league of teen anime protagonist. Whenever a teenage hero in anime gains a significant measure of power, it's always "I have to fight stronger and stronger adversaries for so and such reason" whereas Kenichi, despite becoming an accomplished martial artist, is essentially a normal teenager(as normal as he can get) and rather practical. He's inherently a kind pacifist by nature, and is the type who doesn't use violence unless the situation calls for it (whether it's training or a fight for his life). That, and I don't think he's comfortable with the idea of fighting those he considers his friends. But, in any case, that situation is going to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    But that's what makes Kenichi unique amongst the league of teen anime protagonist. Whenever a teenage hero in anime gains a significant measure of power, it's always "I have to fight stronger and stronger adversaries for so and such reason" whereas Kenichi, despite becoming an accomplished martial artist, is essentially a normal teenager(as normal as he can get) and rather practical. He's inherently a kind pacifist by nature, and is the type who doesn't use violence unless the situation calls for it (whether it's training or a fight for his life). That, and I don't think he's comfortable with the idea of fighting those he considers his friends. But, in any case, that situation is going to change.
    This time his masters, or at least Akisame, will tell him not to hold back. They wouldn't want to lose to Takeda's master, whose names escapes me at the moment, now would they.

The Jujitsu master is quickly becoming my favorite out of all the masters.
    Have beer, will drink!

One thing that has had me wondering ever since I started reading the manga is...
    ...how realistic are the techniques?
    I'm not talking about the insane crap the masters pull. That stuff is typical "martial arts make you superhuman" anime fare. But the techniques Kenichi and (most of) his foes use seem...well, they seem like the result of the writer doing his research.