Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

the demon king rules master of read's Avatar

new chapter out!

we learn more about kushinada and her history. and miu decides to let her hair down a little. smexy
    COCAINE IS MY GOD AND I AM THE LIVING INSTRUMENT OF ITS WILL!!
    snowflame, new guardians #2
    wanna make some quick cash?

I want Ma Kensei to fight the hot Jujutsu master.

Anyone else want James Shiba to show why he's called the God of Destruction?
    Last edited by FistofIron; 12-03-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Generic question time!

Which HSDK character is your favorite?

For me it is The Immortal Composer Siegfried!
    Kenichi himself for me.

Now, while I love the manga to pieces, I'm somewhat bothered by how slowly they're developing some parts. The Kenichi-Miu relationship comes to mind, of course (and seriously, some of Kenichi's attitude in that regard kinda bothers me), as does the Ukita-Kisara thing (and Ukita? Get better training. Seriously.), but there's also Nijima. It's been indicated on more than one occasion that he could turn into something more noble, so to speak, but that seems to have been put on hold for the sake of comedy...

Quote Originally Posted by sun tzu View Post
    Kenichi himself for me.

Now, while I love the manga to pieces, I'm somewhat bothered by how slowly they're developing some parts. The Kenichi-Miu relationship comes to mind, of course (and seriously, some of Kenichi's attitude in that regard kinda bothers me), as does the Ukita-Kisara thing (and Ukita? Get better training. Seriously.), but there's also Nijima. It's been indicated on more than one occasion that he could turn into something more noble, so to speak, but that seems to have been put on hold for the sake of comedy...
    Honestly, I don't think Kenichi and Miu are going to profess anything until it comes the time to face off against Saiga. The gradual process of Ukita/Kisara is reasonable since they've only become aware of their own feelings since the D-of-D tournament saga. As for Niijima, he's better off as an evil conspirator with a bizarre concept of friendship. I'm definitely with you on Ukita though. Hopefully, he'll find a master of his own 'cause I don't want to see him reduced to Krillin status.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Kenichi and Miu are going to profess anything until it comes the time to face off against Saiga. The gradual process of Ukita/Kisara is reasonable since they've only become aware of their own feelings since the D-of-D tournament saga. As for Niijima, he's better off as an evil conspirator with a bizarre concept of friendship. I'm definitely with you on Ukita though. Hopefully, he'll find a master of his own 'cause I don't want to see him reduced to Krillin status.
    ukita is too good to be the krillin.

Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    ukita is too good to be the krillin.
    I hope that you're right. But I hope that he doesn't find a master ala Takeda. It would be too much of a repeat. Some special training should be good for him though. Anything that puts him at least at Kisara's level.

As for Niijima. When you're two best friends refer to you a demonic overlord/evil alien it's going to take awhile for you to become truly noble.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I hope that you're right. But I hope that he doesn't find a master ala Takeda. It would be too much of a repeat. Some special training should be good for him though. Anything that puts him at least at Kisara's level.

As for Niijima. When you're two best friends refer to you a demonic overlord/evil alien it's going to take awhile for you to become truly noble.

i dont want niijima to be noble. he must be a evil cunning bastard.

To me, what really drove home the point that Nijima wasn't a one-dimensional selfish jerkass was the "testament" he sent Kenichi toward the end of the Ragnarok arc. The fact that, when he thought he was really going to die, his response was to explain himself to Kenichi and try to keep his plan (and not a bad plan!) alive...That added depth (and also, explained the motivation for some of his earlier actions). That's why I'm hoping to see more of that.
    It's also occurred to me that Nijima is like a reverse Smug Snake: He comes across as a pathetic, annoying guy most of the time (and seems to have little regard for anyone's dignity, including his own)...then he surprises you by pulling magnificent moves.

So who here thinks:

spoilers:
    Miu's dad is leader of Yami?
    end of spoilers

Or at the very least he's a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    So who here thinks:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

He's without a doubt the leader. With that being said I can't wait to see him in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    So who here thinks:

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

I don't know if he's the leader. But I think it's been established that he is a pretty gigantic asswipe.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    He's without a doubt the leader. With that being said I can't wait to see him in action.

Yeah, His status as the leader has been obvious for awhile; besides there's no way the Yami would follow someone weaker than themselves. I also wonder if Kenichi or Hayato will be the ones to take him in the end. If I'm right, especially considering he's Hayato's son, he's most likely the second most powerful character in the series next to Hayato(meaning he's possibly above Ryozanpaku Dojo and just under the Elder's level).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7
    I don't know if he's the leader. But I think it's been established that he is a pretty gigantic asswipe.
    Yeah, I'd really to know the circumstances that prompted him to murder his own wife. Whatever the case, I just want to see Kenichi go apeshit on him, even if it would ultimately be a foolish and useless endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yeah, His status as the leader has been obvious for awhile; besides there's no way the Yami would follow someone weaker than themselves. I also wonder if Kenichi or Hayato will be the ones to take him in the end. If I'm right, especially considering he's Hayato's son, he's most likely the second most powerful character in the series next to Hayato(meaning he's possibly above Ryozanpaku Dojo and just under the Elder's level).

Yeah, I'd really to know the circumstances that prompted him to murder his own wife. Whatever the case, I just want to see Kenichi go apeshit on him, even if it would ultimately be a foolish and useless endeavor.
    Maybe Kenichi and Hayato will battle him together and Hayato takes a killing blow that was meant for Kenichi. At this point Miu's dad is so beat up that Kenichi actually has a fighting chance. That would be cool.

To be honest, one of the things that bother me about HSDK is its approach to romance, especially where Miu is concerned. Both Kenichi and Shou have this weird obsession with "protecting" her...Hell, before the Yomi arc, she sure as heck didn't look like she needed protection! And between Kenichi's refusal (for, what, a year now?) to tell her he loves her, and his moving into the dojo just to be under the same roof as her...I'm not going to call him a stalker, but I can't say I'm really comfortable with some of it. He's a generally awesome guy, but when it comes to Miu...