Page 102 of 114 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1698
  1. #1516
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,013

    Default

    As nice as teamwork is, they need to hurry and attack Saiga, because he's using the classic "casually stay out of fighting stance with hands in pockets" technique and the longer it's maintained, the more powerful he'll be when he actually does something.

    Quote Originally Posted by sun tzu View Post
    I won't lie - I don't actually care all that much about Master fights. For me, the main draw of HSDK is watching Kenichi learn and apply semi-realistic martial arts techniques...which means that on the whole, I was happier with the Ragnarok arc than the Yami one.
    I agree.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  2. #1517
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    As nice as teamwork is, they need to hurry and attack Saiga, because he's using the classic "casually stay out of fighting stance with hands in pockets" technique and the longer it's maintained, the more powerful he'll be when he actually does something.
    It does work for King, or it totally would if he ever decided to fight, although he prefers the arms crossed-school over the hands in pockets-school.

  3. #1518
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Wow, and I thought seven vs four was bad. Shigure is in trouble.



    I'm impressed the baddies are able to play Ryozanpaku so well.

  4. #1519
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    27,580

    Default

    What a cocktease of a chapter.
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

    Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

  5. #1520

    Default

    D... Does that archer have boob-vision goggles?
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  6. #1521
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    D... Does that archer have boob-vision goggles?
    I like the archer so far so I'm hoping it's the goggles and not her actually eyes.


    Seven against one is pretty hopeless so I loved the way she prioritized which master she needs to take out first.

  7. #1522
    Veteran Member Jmacq1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    8,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    I like the archer so far so I'm hoping it's the goggles and not her actually eyes.


    Seven against one is pretty hopeless so I loved the way she prioritized which master she needs to take out first.
    Well, apparently seven against one is less hopeless when you're Shigure....

    I confess...I'm gonna laugh long and hard if she solos the weapons team. Or even comes out of this engagement virtually unscathed.

    On the flipside, I'm gonna be really upset if she becomes the sacrificial lion after so many fake-outs and near-misses on that score.

    Though I suppose there's always the possibility of a Hayato Ex Machina at the last minute: "Boy that guy was tough, good thing I got here just in time to stop you all from killing Shigure! Oh by the way...your leader's out of commission."
    Last edited by Jmacq1; 09-20-2013 at 08:11 AM.

  8. #1523
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    I like the archer so far so I'm hoping it's the goggles and not her actually eyes.
    *Sigh*

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Well, apparently seven against one is less hopeless when you're Shigure....

    I confess...I'm gonna laugh long and hard if she solos the weapons team. Or even comes out of this engagement virtually unscathed.

    On the flipside, I'm gonna be really upset if she becomes the sacrificial lion after so many fake-outs and near-misses on that score.

    Though I suppose there's always the possibility of a Hayato Ex Machina at the last minute: "Boy that guy was tough, good thing I got here just in time to stop you all from killing Shigure! Oh by the way...your leader's out of commission."
    I'm skeptical about her soloing the whole team. Depending on how quickly help comes... I could see her getting out of this unhurt.

  9. #1524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Well, apparently seven against one is less hopeless when you're Shigure....

    I confess...I'm gonna laugh long and hard if she solos the weapons team. Or even comes out of this engagement virtually unscathed.

    On the flipside, I'm gonna be really upset if she becomes the sacrificial lion after so many fake-outs and near-misses on that score.

    Though I suppose there's always the possibility of a Hayato Ex Machina at the last minute: "Boy that guy was tough, good thing I got here just in time to stop you all from killing Shigure! Oh by the way...your leader's out of commission."
    Or possibly,

    Hayato: "Shigure!? What are you doing here? And is that Miu and Ken-chan!? Well, I can't deal with this now, so all three of you run away. That lunatic should be here any sec-"

    *ship gets cut in half*

    Hayato (treading water and dodging slashes): "Just as planned!"
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  10. #1525
    Strategist sun tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,907

    Default

    Where the bleeping bleepity bleep did Yami get enough gold to rock the global economy?!
    Hm. Ship with a dark flag...Given Japan's history, I wonder if there's some deliberate invocation here, la Kenshin...

  11. #1526
    Eleventh Reincarnation Siriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    51,013

    Default

    I do love the notion that a group entirely made out of martial arts purists is going to rock the world...by messing with the economy.

    It's just really unexpected.

    Suddenly, all those comments about Yami being incredibly rich while Ryozanpaku is poor become plot relevant!
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

  12. #1527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I do love the notion that a group entirely made out of martial arts purists is going to rock the world...by messing with the economy.

    It's just really unexpected.

    Suddenly, all those comments about Yami being incredibly rich while Ryozanpaku is poor become plot relevant!
    It turns out that their financial backer is the US Government. Because President Obama is the most powerful evil martial artist of them all.

    Of course, that means that Fox News was right all along.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  13. #1528

  14. #1529
    Strategist sun tzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,907

    Default

    Kenichi, you shall remember this as the day you almost got the best of a bunch of masters.
    Wasn't expecting these particular newcomers, I'll admit.

  15. #1530
    RITA's punching bag nervmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    8,758

    Default

    Now we're really beginning to see just how much faith Saiga has in our hero in taking care of his daughter. Trapped on a boat with a bunch of weapon masters, one of which is a bonafide psychopath, and Saiga treats it like it ain't no thang.
    Declared a king among men by Black atom: 5/11/07
    Given a cool award, an awesome award, and the keys to the internet: 11/8/06
    Won thread:5/15/07
    Won a cool award: 6/28/07
    Won post of the year: 7/6/07


    Quote Originally Posted by DABishop View Post
    In addition to having the worst life ever, having everyone he meets get brutally raped and/or killed, and being constantly hunted by demons, Guts also has the world's ugliest baby.

    Congrats Guts, your life sucks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •