Page 84 of 113 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1694
  1. #1246
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default

    Freya seems to have two sets of eyes, some times they are normal then they iris sometimes turns into this slit demon eyes type of look. love those freya booty shots though the ecchi in me is served. Don't like how Kirasa keeps getting served everytime she gets into a fight. Probably gonna learn how to land on her feet more often when thrown, though chikage will probably just start slamming her rather than throwing her. While chikage might not want to do this, i still seeing her being more hardcore in the beliefs of satsujin, she was undercover more so than the other members of yamil. Shes also younger and thus doesn't know right and wrong in this since as well as older members of that order may have.
    Last edited by Kage Kisaragi; 02-19-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  2. #1247
    Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in Canada
    Posts
    22,893

    Default

    OH LOOK. RIMI'S GOING TO LOSE NOW.

    Damn it, can't Miu just be defeated cleanly?

  3. #1248
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    OH LOOK. RIMI'S GOING TO LOSE NOW.

    Damn it, can't Miu just be defeated cleanly?
    ............................................. No.

  4. #1249
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,754

    Default

    Rimi has already won because Rimi is best girl!

    But yeah, I'd like to go to one of the more interesting fights now. Kisara & Ukita vs. Chikage or Hermit vs. Siegfried please. That would be awesome.

  5. #1250

    Default

    Honestly, now that she seems to have gotten over deliberately holding herself back so that she doesn't kill someone, the fight is pretty much in Miu's bag. She was a bit better than Rimi to start with, and every boost that Rimi gained, Miu gained first.

    Training trip to learn how to harness her Dou Ki? Jenazard apparently taught her to do that in ways that make what we saw of Kensei's training look tame, though due to her own nature and his craziness, she has had to hold herself back until now. Even still, she was teaching herself how to sense ki just before this battle started.

    Power of love? Miu's not as open about it and doesn't really understand it completely, but her and Kenichi have had hundreds of chapters of extremely mutual build up vs. Rimi's one-sided love at first sight and homicidal stalker tendencies.

    Rimi's very talented and clearly exceptionally skilled and Kensei is a talented teacher, but Miu spent her entire life learning at the feet of the strongest man in the world and then someone who is apparently his peer managed to push the training beyond where Hayato was quite comfortable taking her yet and her romantic motivation is significantly more mature and mutual than her goth-loli opponent. Rimi probably needs to grow up a bit before she's an opponent for a stable Miu.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

    Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

    Official Board Ostrichizer

  6. #1251
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, now that she seems to have gotten over deliberately holding herself back so that she doesn't kill someone, the fight is pretty much in Miu's bag. She was a bit better than Rimi to start with, and every boost that Rimi gained, Miu gained first.

    Training trip to learn how to harness her Dou Ki? Jenazard apparently taught her to do that in ways that make what we saw of Kensei's training look tame, though due to her own nature and his craziness, she has had to hold herself back until now. Even still, she was teaching herself how to sense ki just before this battle started.

    Power of love? Miu's not as open about it and doesn't really understand it completely, but her and Kenichi have had hundreds of chapters of extremely mutual build up vs. Rimi's one-sided love at first sight and homicidal stalker tendencies.

    Rimi's very talented and clearly exceptionally skilled and Kensei is a talented teacher, but Miu spent her entire life learning at the feet of the strongest man in the world and then someone who is apparently his peer managed to push the training beyond where Hayato was quite comfortable taking her yet and her romantic motivation is significantly more mature and mutual than her goth-loli opponent. Rimi probably needs to grow up a bit before she's an opponent for a stable Miu.
    Plus her superior breeding.

  7. #1252
    Sannin Kage Kisaragi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    7,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    OH LOOK. RIMI'S GOING TO LOSE NOW.

    Damn it, can't Miu just be defeated cleanly?
    Miu defeated? Pssh Pah! She is the Granddaughter of the Invincible Superman, and daughter of the One Shadow.
    Not sure how I feel about Kenichi ditching Berserker like that, you know Berserker took note of that and is going to go after Miu to force Kenichi to use his real power so he can fight him at his best.
    Rogue and Bishop's daughter would be called Discharge, and she'd touch people and drain all or some of their bioelectrical energy out of them causing them to either die or fall unconscious. She could then use this energy to extend her own life, heal herself, enhance her physical abilities (speed, strength, stamina,) or discharge it as various energy beams.

  8. #1253
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Rimi has already won because Rimi is best girl!
    Too true, my friend. Too true.

    Though it's not that hard to be more interesting than Miu. Berserker is already more interesting than her and the guy barely has a personality.

  9. #1254
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Though it's not that hard to be more interesting than Miu. Berserker is already more interesting than her and the guy barely has a personality.
    What makes you say that?

  10. #1255
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    What makes you say that?
    Taste.


    Yes this reply is short but my food just got here and I'm hungry.

  11. #1256
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Taste.
    I.......... see.

  12. #1257
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Okay, full now. Let's do this.

    First of all who is Miu?

    She's the granddaughter of the best martial artists around and her father is leading and evil organization. Her mother died when she was too young to remember. Her father is barely a memory to her. She was raised by wolves (okay not really, but the end result is the same). Awesome physical skills. Utterly clueless.

    She's good looking. Naive regarding to social norms. She's emotionally stunted in a lot of ways because she never really interacted with people her age... or normal people at all. She has a girlish side because she never really got to be a girl.

    And... what?

    What has she done? What is she beyond the stereotype? I mean yeah, there was this whole moment when she started going to school without glasses (Seriously? That's your secret identity. It was old the moment Clark Kent put on his first set) but what really changed? People noticed she's hot? 'cause really that was way obvious beforehand.

    The stuff above is okay for a side character but not for someone who is so damn vital to the plot. Nothing really stands out about her.

    Prodigious martial artists? We have those already.
    Emotionally stunted children? Oh boy, where to start.
    People on the good side with ties to Yami? Check.
    Boobs? There are bigger!

    The plot of HSDK is pretty straightforward. Boy is not happy with himself. Boy meets girl. Girl provides a way for boy to improve himself. Boy fixates on girl as a result. Boy becomes attracted to girl. Boy wants to become strong enough to protect the girl that has changed his live.

    Simple.

    I mean yeah, there is eye rolling on my part because Best Girl never wins, but that's typical.

    The problem is Miu has nothing. She's still this naive girl that doesn't get she has feelings for Kenichi. Despite more than a hundred chapters, Miu has not changed significantly. More than that, the author keeps coddling her. His all like "Look, how cute Miu is being all naive and stuff. Also fanservice." Basically there is no pressing need in his part to change Miu because he obviously likes Miu, and that's the problem.

    Frankly it makes the main relationship weird, because it is clear Miu is not ready for a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, and makes Kenichi kinda creepy or fixating to that degree on a girl that might as well be younger than his sister when it comes to emotional maturity.

    Edit: Kenichi has kind of the same problem.

    "Oh, Miu is in danger! Only now can I show my hidden power!!!"

    Really dude? Really?

    How long have been fighting now? How many life threatening fights have you been in?

    Bitch please.
    Last edited by Hazard; 02-23-2013 at 11:53 AM.

  13. #1258
    Veteran Member Holy Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    6,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Okay, full now. Let's do this.

    First of all who is Miu?

    She's the granddaughter of the best martial artists around and her father is leading and evil organization. Her mother died when she was too young to remember. Her father is barely a memory to her. She was raised by wolves (okay not really, but the end result is the same). Awesome physical skills. Utterly clueless.

    She's good looking. Naive regarding to social norms. She's emotionally stunted in a lot of ways because she never really interacted with people her age... or normal people at all. She has a girlish side because she never really got to be a girl.

    And... what?

    What has she done? What is she beyond the stereotype? I mean yeah, there was this whole moment when she started going to school without glasses (Seriously? That's your secret identity. It was old the moment Clark Kent put on his first set) but what really changed? People noticed she's hot? 'cause really that was way obvious beforehand.

    The stuff above is okay for a side character but not for someone who is so damn vital to the plot. Nothing really stands out about her.

    Prodigious martial artists? We have those already.
    Emotionally stunted children? Oh boy, where to start.
    People on the good side with ties to Yami? Check.
    Boobs? There are bigger!

    The plot of HSDK is pretty straightforward. Boy is not happy with himself. Boy meets girl. Girl provides a way for boy to improve himself. Boy fixates on girl as a result. Boy becomes attracted to girl. Boy wants to become strong enough to protect the girl that has changed his live.

    Simple.

    I mean yeah, there is eye rolling on my part because Best Girl never wins, but that's typical.
    Well..... on the one hand...... you do make Miu look bland.



    But..... on the other hand after getting dissected like that.... who wouldn't look bland? I mean... who is Berserker? If you were to examine his character the way you did with Miu it would probably yield a similar result.


    So.... I think you're right, it's a matter of taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    The problem is Miu has nothing. She's still this naive girl that doesn't get she has feelings for Kenichi. Despite more than a hundred chapters, Miu has not changed significantly. More than that, the author keeps coddling her. His all like "Look, how cute Miu is being all naive and stuff. Also fanservice." Basically there is no pressing need in his part to change Miu because he obviously likes Miu, and that's the problem.

    Frankly it makes the main relationship weird, because it is clear Miu is not ready for a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, and makes Kenichi kinda creepy or fixating to that degree on a girl that might as well be younger than his sister when it comes to emotional maturity.
    Yeah... by all rights they should be a steady couple by now. Guess the author likes the status quo.


    Still, I get the sense that she's one dramatic moment away from having all the emotional flood gates open. It's just three little words Kenichi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Edit: Kenichi has kind of the same problem.

    "Oh, Miu is in danger! Only now can I show my hidden power!!!"

    Really dude? Really?

    How long have been fighting now? How many life threatening fights have you been in?

    Bitch please.
    I didn't mind it that much because he didn't really need to use it yet. He was fighting fairly evenly with Beserker without it.


    What got me was the way that he felt he could afford to pay so much attention to Miu's battle when he should be giving all of it to Beserker. Takeda did it too.



    I mean.... I get it, I get it. She's a girl you like so you're worried and want to protect her..... but dude. You've got to survive before you can do anything for her. That half second you took your eyes off of Lugh or Beserker could literally mean the difference between life and death. Plus, honestly..... hasn't Miu earned a certain amount of faith in her skills? I mean she's in a one-on-one fight against someone that she's, frankly, better than. She should at least be able to hold Rimi off long enough for you to get there if nothing else.

  14. #1259
    Swedish Shinigami Dark Soul # 7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Stockholm in Sweden
    Posts
    15,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Well..... on the one hand...... you do make Miu look bland.

    But..... on the other hand after getting dissected like that.... who wouldn't look bland? I mean... who is Berserker? If you were to examine his character the way you did with Miu it would probably yield a similar result.
    To be perfectly honest. Berserker isn't all that complex to begin with even without deeply examining his character. So he's not really a good example of what you're saying here.

    Of course, just because a character isn't complex doesn't mean they can't be enjoyable. It certainly helps if they are complex but it's not always a game-breaker or anything.

  15. #1260
    Blind Resolve Hazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    13,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Spirit View Post
    Well..... on the one hand...... you do make Miu look bland.

    But..... on the other hand after getting dissected like that.... who wouldn't look bland? I mean... who is Berserker? If you were to examine his character the way you did with Miu it would probably yield a similar result.
    Oh Berserker is kinda bland too.

    Battle Hungry. Regular blood knight. Wants to get stronger. Period. Difference is he's meant to be simple.

    He has been in what? 20 chapters as an antagonist. He's just a big strong guy you fight against. We don't know anything about him beyond that. He's not that important so it's cool.

    But take Kushinada (kid) for example.

    Ties to Yami. Stunted childhood. Incredible potential as a martial artist. Much like Miu in many ways.

    Has a girlish side... that she violently tries to repress because that's just not the way she was raised... and fails because fuck it she is a little girl and she wants sweets!

    Tries to hold the rest of the good guys at arms length because she knows who she is at the end of the day... but fails because she is still just a little girl and she wants friends.

    She has a character conflict going on. It is been dealt with and it is something that matters to her. That makes her interesting.

    I didn't mind it that much because he didn't really need to use it yet. He was fighting fairly evenly with Beserker without it.

    What got me was the way that he felt he could afford to pay so much attention to Miu's battle when he should be giving all of it to Beserker. Takeda did it too.

    I mean.... I get it, I get it. She's a girl you like so you're worried and want to protect her..... but dude. You've got to survive before you can do anything for her. That half second you took your eyes off of Lugh or Beserker could literally mean the difference between life and death. Plus, honestly..... hasn't Miu earned a certain amount of faith in her skills? I mean she's in a one-on-one fight against someone that she's, frankly, better than. She should at least be able to hold Rimi off long enough for you to get there if nothing else.
    To me it's not so much as whether he has faith in Miu's skill or not, or whether he can hang in there or not.

    If you want to help someone you do. Reasons be damned. But man Takeda nearly died out there. Fuck, all his friends are in trouble and it doesn't take a genius to figure it out, but the kid doesn't give it his all until then?
    Last edited by Hazard; 02-23-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •