Page 24 of 77 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Draw Me an X: D-Legion: Kid Omega

Check out 2009's drawings at my new thread on the Artist & Writer Showcase.

"I prefer working out of strict continuity, because no normal human being can have a firm grip on the constantly shifting bardo-like territory of a comics universe, where entire histories can be erased by a strong enough super-sneeze."- Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by justinkos91 View Post
    This is awesome, Justin!

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
    IS SHE CLASSIC EXCALIBUR
    I KIND OF LIKE HER A LOT
    She is classic New Mutants!

#19 HORSEMEN OF APOCALYPSE
    Real Name: Autumn Rolfson (Famine), Abraham Kieros (War), & Unrevealed (Pestilence)
    First appearance: X-Factor #10
    Last appearance: Uncanny X-Men #295
    Powers: Each of the Horsemen were granted enhanced strength and durability by Apocalypse, as well as suits of armor which protect them from energy blasts or projectiles. Famine has the ability to disintegrate organic matter and create starvation in living creatures. War has the ability to create massive explosions upon kinetic impact, most typically by clapping his hands together. Pestilence has the ability to cause extreme sickness and eventual death within anyone she touches. All three were given robotic steeds by Apocalypse which are able to fly.
    Creator: Louise Simonson.

Bio:
    After the failure of his first group of mercenaries, the Alliance of Evil, Apocalypse began plucking powerful mutants to form the Four Horsemen, a quartet of beings to test the fittest against them. Those who would survive against his Horsemen would be worthy of Apocalypse’s attention. His first choice was an elderly Morlock woman named Plague. One of the few Morlocks willing to stand her ground during the [i]Mutant Massacre[i], Plague was able to bring down the powerful Marauder named Sabretooth with her mutant abilities. Apocalypse took note of her, and broke the neck of Harpoon as he tried to skewer her, offering her a position as Pestilence, the first Horseman of Apocalypse. His second choice went to a man who had been long forgotten by his friends and country, Abraham “Lincoln” Kieros. After having been wounded in the Vietnam War, Abraham was forced into an iron lung, surviving only through the advancement of science. Apocalypse appeared to him and offered to rid Abraham of the iron prison he’s been placed in as War. The young Autumn Rolfson was chosen as the third Horseman, Famine. Her parents, ashamed that they had a mutant for a daughter, constantly scolded her. To make matters worse, she suffered from anorexia, despising food and what it causes people to do. Her parents attempted to force her to eat food before she had the be hospitalized again, which meant her grades slipping, but she simply disintegrated all the food offered to her. As she went to her room, she found Apocalypse, who offered her dominion over her parents and all others who would tease her. The fourth Horseman, Death, was Warren Worthington III. After having his wings destroyed by the Marauders and attempting suicide, he was rescued by Apocalypse, who gave him artificial wings, which could cause much destruction.

The three other Horsemen did not take to their new teammate Death, nor to each other. War despised Famine for her disobedience, and Famine hated War for his gluttony. They both hated Pestilence for her sheer insanity. Attempting to kill each other, Apocalypse decided to send them on a test run, a battle against X-Factor. While Death was being “reprogrammed” by Apocalypse, the three Horsemen demolished Manhattan, with only Beast, Iceman, and Caliban to stop them. Any ice slide formed by Iceman would be destroyed by War, and Beast was on a constant run from Pestilence, who vowed to touch him. Famine, unwilling to work with the other two, would turn the trees of the surrounding area to dust. Cyclops and Marvel Girl eventually showed up, attempting to blast War. However, his armor ricocheted his optic blasts, and Marvel Girl’s telekinesis was ineffective against their steeds. Pestilence succeeded in touching Beast, which brought him to eventual stupidity while increasing his strength immensely. The three Horsemen were defeated when Iceman overloaded with his ice powers, freezing the entire park and encasing the three Horsemen in ice. They were quickly teleported to safety by Apocalypse.

Apocalypse then ordered the Horsemen to battle each other to find out the leader. War suggested they all defeat Death and find the leader out of them later. They all attacked him, but Pestilence, then War, then Famine all met their defeat from Death, who was chosen as leader. Apocalypse then set his plan into motion, during Fall of the Mutants. X-Factor was teleported inside and forced to battle the Horsemen. They were able to take out Famine, War, and Pestilence, but Death defeated the entire group. Apocalypse then sent the Horsemen out to destroy Manhattan. The Four Horsemen flew together as one, destroying anything in sight.

However, they eventually broke away from each other. Pestilence flew through the sewers, the only place she called home, and killed anyone she saw with her plague-filled touch. Famine, from above, would turn everyone she came across into living skeletons, absorbing the nutrients from their bodies. Cyclops and Marvel Girl, having fled Apocalypse’s ship to stop the Horsemen, split up. Marvel Girl attempted to convince Famine to stop what she was doing. Famine, however, felt Apocalypse loved her more than her parents ever could, and sucked the fat from Marvel Girl’s body. Just as Famine was about to realize what Marvel Girl was saying, she snapped back and ordered Apocalypse to allow her to destroy America’s grain fields since she defeated Marvel Girl. Apocalypse teleported her away from the fight, where she battled Captain America and his allies, Nomad, Falcon, and D-Man. After destroying several crops, she met her eventual defeat, and laughed as she teleported away once again. Meanwhile, Cyclops found War, who was destroying war monument statues. He felt the government should not waste its money on constructing statues, but should try to aid the fallen soldiers that they’ve forgotten about. War, just like Famine, felt he owed Apocalypse for giving him the ability to move again, and after his horse’s head was destroyed by Cyclops, he flew off. The young Power Pack kids found Pestilence, who was coming up from behind on Cyclops and Marvel Girl. During the battle, Pestilence was knocked from her horse, and despite the Power Pack attempting to save her, she was crushed by fallen debris from a building destroyed by Death. Cyclops and Marvel Girl used Pestilence’s horse to fly to Apocalypse’s ship. War, having made his way back, tried to kill Beast and Iceman, but failed. After Death came to his senses, War scoffed how Apocalypse chose him as leader, and tried to kill him, but was stopped by Iceman. Having been defeated, Apocalypse grabbed War and the new Hell Hound, Caliban, and flew off.

The Horsemen laid low for quite some time, but returned during X-Cutioner’s Song. Famine and War ambushed Colossus and Iceman, while the new Death, Caliban, kidnapped Jean Grey and Cyclops. During the battle, Famine attempted to absorb Colossus through his armored form, which caused her to feed off herself and turn her into a physical skeleton. War, enraged with what they had done to Famine, attacked with brute strength. Colossus compared him to Mikhail Rasputin, and as Famine recovered, the pair teleported away, realizing Caliban had done his job. The three delivered Cyclops and Jean Grey to Apocalypse, who turned out to be Mr. Sinister in disguise. The X-Men later sought out the Horsemen, and found Famine and Caliban. Famine sucked the life from Beast, but was defeated by Quicksilver, who was unaffected by her blight attack. War was subsequently found and defeated, and the three were delivered to the newly awoken Apocalypse.

Later, new Horsemen candidates were recruited, and the group became more of a plot device rather than the actual characters themselves. However, War appeared during The Twelve, having been tracked down by Archangel. In a hospital after Apocalypse’s had abandoned him, once again paralyzed and this time unable to speak at all, Abraham Kieros was given the gift of movement by Archangel’s mysterious new power. Abraham, overcome with hope, thanked Archangel. Famine, presumably, returned to Cleveland with her family. It is unknown what happened to Famine or War after Decimation.

Did You Know?: Famine was on the Honor Roll! And War, despite being in the Vietnam War, appears as quite young in his most recent appearance. Actually, I’d go so far to say he’s a hot cripple.
    The D - Legion
    Vincente - Mondo -Risque - Scaleface - Kid Omega - Skids - The Neophyte - Flex

X-Poster of the Year 2008
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

Quote Originally Posted by atoningunifex View Post
    Draw Me an X: D-Legion: Kid Omega

That's SO FREAKING RAD! I totally love him!
    The D - Legion

Quick, Jed! Add Serafina to your D-Legion list without Chad noticing!!

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    I'm wondering if he'll draw Skids with or without her beret, personally. Will we see that Skids? Or maybe MLF skids? X-Corporation Skids? Or Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Skids?

So many options.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm wondering if he'll draw Skids with or without her beret, personally. Will we see that Skids? Or maybe MLF skids? X-Corporation Skids? Or Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Skids?

So many options.
    Check out my signature for a link to the Skids that he awesomely drew.
    The D - Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    LOL! The thought had crossed my mind! well not for Serafina yet, but that's a good one too!
    The D - Legion

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flash View Post
    Check out my signature for a link to the Skids that he awesomely drew.
    See, with hair that fabulous, she doesn't need a damned beret. That's great stuff.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

BANNED

Skids beret should come back. It was iconic.

Also, I was never a big fan of the Horsemen of Apocalypse. I felt they really got the shaft as far as character-wise. They were literally just slave who attacked on command it seemed. I was unaware that Archangel healed the one guy though.

#19 HORSEMEN OF APOCALYPSE
    Real Name: Autumn Rolfson (Famine), Abraham Kieros (War), & Unrevealed (Pestilence)
    First appearance: X-Factor #10
    Last appearance: Uncanny X-Men #295
    Powers: Each of the Horsemen were granted enhanced strength and durability by Apocalypse, as well as suits of armor which protect them from energy blasts or projectiles. Famine has the ability to disintegrate organic matter and create starvation in living creatures. War has the ability to create massive explosions upon kinetic impact, most typically by clapping his hands together. Pestilence has the ability to cause extreme sickness and eventual death within anyone she touches. All three were given robotic steeds by Apocalypse which are able to fly.
    Creator: Louise Simonson.

hot cripple.

I was always struck with how tragic the original horseman were. Autumn is immature and self-hating. Abraham bitter and self-hating. Plague/Pestillence, just happy to have been noticed. They are all just really sad figures that were taken advantage of but happy to be noticed.

The only clunker was Warren for me. Just so wah wah poor little rich boy.
    The D - Legion

Yes! The original Horsemen! The only good crop, before they decided they'd just use pre-established characters.

Pretty good group of characters, considering they were designed for the short haul.

I liked the Dark Riders in X-Factor 65, their designs kicked ass. Though the subsequent writers forgot they were really just Inhumans under Apopo's naughty mind control grip.

My favorite was Foxbat, who was also one of Crystal's favorite cousins (X-Factor 67, 1991, page 4 panel 2)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Foxbat_(Earth-616)

BANNED

weird that they were inhumans.

huh. i think that makes them far more interesting that just some other mutant group.

i always liked foxbat too.

BANNED

I was always struck with how tragic the original horseman were. Autumn is immature and self-hating. Abraham bitter and self-hating. Plague/Pestillence, just happy to have been noticed. They are all just really sad figures that were taken advantage of but happy to be noticed.

The only clunker was Warren for me. Just so wah wah poor little rich boy.
    Agreed! I think all of them were just happy to have someone in their lives that seemed to care for them, since Autumn's parents made her miserable and treated her like a puppet, Abraham's country left him to rot without a second glance, and Plague was succeeding in taking out a good chunk of Marauders rather than just rolling over to die. It's nice to be noticed. <3

I really wish they'd use the actual characters again... someone at another forum said it was suspicious that Warren got those healing powers and then used it to heal Abraham... almost like Apocalypse wanted it to play out like that.

I did find it odd how Famine and War hated each other at first, yet when X-Cutioner's Song rolled around and Famine turned all skeletony after trying to use her blight on Colossus, War seemed to really care about her. And I find it lame that they wouldn't even be able to realize their Apocalypse is a fake, and the real Apocalypse wouldn't tell them he's in the Lazarus Chamber or whateva. In Fall of the Mutants and prior, the Horsemen were treated like Apocalypse's own X-Men and children, he nurtured them, yet he goes from that to not even telling them he's slumbering? Lame. Or bad writing. Either way, I loved War and Famine's redesigns for X-Cutioner's Song. Famine looked scaaaary.