Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    28,428

    Default Make Your Own Lantern Oath!

    Well folks, with the Rage of the Red Lanterns up and running, we've got upwards of three, count 'em, THREE different Corps out there, each with their own rhyming oath. But we still have FOUR other Corps out there each one probably with their own oath. There's Blue (Hope), Orange (Avarice), Indigo (Compassion) and Violet (Love).

    So I put it to you, "CREATE THE NEXT LANTERN OATH." Just choose a color that hasn't had their oath written yet and let your inner poet free.

    I'll get started, with the Orange Lantern oath of avarice.

    Ahem:

    This power is mine, this is my light.
    Be it in bright of day, or black of night.
    I lay claim to all that falls within my sight,
    To take what I want, THAT IS MY RIGHT!

    So lets hear it from you. What's your Lantern Oath?

  2. #2
    Ex-member of the Rama
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post

    I'll get started, with the Orange Lantern oath of avarice.

    Ahem:

    This power is mine, this is my light.
    Be it in bright of day, or black of night.
    I lay claim to all that falls within my sight,
    To take what I want, THAT IS MY RIGHT!

    So lets hear it from you. What's your Lantern Oath?
    That's very good! Here's mine for the Blue Lanterns:

    In days of terror, in nights of fright.
    When darkness consumes everything in sight.
    For those who've lost the will to fight,
    Be filled with hope, with Blue Lantern's light!

  3. #3
    From putty 2 orange Ontir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the Burnt Over State!
    Posts
    6,673

    Default

    I was writing a spec Legion story before the Archie-fication and needed one for Celeste Rockfish, it went:

    Let those who thrive on hate and fright,
    Beware the power, Green Lantern's might!
    * *

    Civilly disobeying the law of gravity.

  4. #4
    Elder Member Karl O'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    17,263

    Default

    My Blue Lantern Oath:

    In days of darkness
    In Times of strife,
    we come together,
    we all unite
    long live the light, burn away the plight
    forever i'll try, I am the blue lantern's Might!
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

  5. #5
    Elder Member celticguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,220

    Default

    Green ring and yellow ring went of the hill to get a pail of water
    Green ring got in the way of yellow rings ray
    and is a black ring now and hereafter.

  6. #6
    Bow Before Me! TotalWorldDomination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manhattan, New York
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    The Zamoran Oath:

    In greatest joys, in moments dire
    let violet light ignite love's fire
    to preserve your ev'ery heart's desire
    let in our power
    the star sapphire!
    I'm STILL with Iron Man.

  7. #7
    Elder Member Karl O'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    17,263

    Default

    Orange of Avarice.

    In spoils of war, amongst the cosmos of treasures,
    bathe in the joys, of endless pleasures!
    come to me, my rightful treasure,
    burn into me, your power,
    and let everyone cower!

    The light of Avarice.
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member KiFF86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,341

    Default

    UllhUuuh, Brains...... that's my Black Lantern oath.
    I AM FOREVER- Master Shake

    I mean I liked Face-Off, but I didn't go to college either.

  9. #9
    Elder Member Karl O'Neill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Posts
    17,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KiFF86 View Post
    UllhUuuh, Brains...... that's my Black Lantern oath.
    That;s a cool oath, a quick one too, At least the other lanterns would not be able to sneak up on ye while you were charging!
    "You can't trust them as poets either. The true poet is anonymous, as to his habits, but these boys have to look, act, and apparently smell like poets"
    Flannery O'Connor on the beats.

  10. #10
    Obsession Incarnate Patrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hell, AR
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RDMacQ View Post
    Well folks, with the Rage of the Red Lanterns up and running, we've got upwards of three, count 'em, THREE different Corps out there, each with their own rhyming oath. But we still have FOUR other Corps out there each one probably with their own oath. There's Blue (Hope), Orange (Avarice), Indigo (Compassion) and Violet (Love).

    So I put it to you, "CREATE THE NEXT LANTERN OATH." Just choose a color that hasn't had their oath written yet and let your inner poet free.

    I'll get started, with the Orange Lantern oath of avarice.

    Ahem:

    This power is mine, this is my light.
    Be it in bright of day, or black of night.
    I lay claim to all that falls within my sight,
    To take what I want, THAT IS MY RIGHT!

    So lets hear it from you. What's your Lantern Oath?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeriscratch View Post
    That's very good! Here's mine for the Blue Lanterns:

    In days of terror, in nights of fright.
    When darkness consumes everything in sight.
    For those who've lost the will to fight,
    Be filled with hope, with Blue Lantern's light!
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalWorldDomination View Post
    The Zamoran Oath:

    In greatest joys, in moments dire
    let violet light ignite love's fire
    to preserve your ev'ery heart's desire
    let in our power
    the star sapphire!
    Holy Cow guys! Those freaking rock!!!!! I wish I had that much talent, maybe I'll try to come up with one anyway, I really like the Indigo Lanterns, so I'll try one for them. But y'alls really kick @$$!

    @TotalWorldDomination: Can I please, please, please, please use yours in my Sig? I don't want to claim it as my own, I just really like it! I'd be forever grateful!!!!!

  11. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,841

    Default

    In moments of doubt, in times of woe
    Embrace all others, let compassion flow
    From within your soul let the light glow
    And follow the lanterns of Indigo

    Across the universe in in a void so dark
    Where nothingness surrounds each tiny spark
    May the bodies of the dead rise from the cold earth
    And bring forth The Blackest Night, the Lantern's Curse!

    That's my lot

  12. #12
    Elder Member Shellhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    17,749

    Default

    The Sauron Corps had a neat one:

    "One Ring to rule them all,
    One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them."
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

  13. #13
    Bow Before Me! TotalWorldDomination's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Manhattan, New York
    Posts
    2,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrion View Post
    @TotalWorldDomination: Can I please, please, please, please use yours in my Sig? I don't want to claim it as my own, I just really like it! I'd be forever grateful!!!!!
    Go ahead! Glad I could temporarily fill that void till Geoff Johns comes up with a significantly better one

    Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    The Sauron Corps had a neat one:

    "One Ring to rule them all,
    One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them."
    I thought that was the code of the white lanterns? Kidding, Kidding...
    I'm STILL with Iron Man.

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    28,428

    Default

    Cool oaths. I'm glad that I decided to go for my second choice of the Orange Lantern oath instead of my first one: "MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE!"

    But now, for something completely different-The Black Lantern Oath.

    We thrive in darkness, we are the night.
    All who live will yield to our might.
    Run in fear, in terror, take flight,
    Bu you cannot escape our reign, Black Lantern's Light!

  15. #15
    Da Silicon Surfer Xybernauts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Why does everything black have to be associated with evil? As a formal protest to the association of the word black with the evil lanterns I choose obsidian (aka Black). Black just represents the unknown. While some things which are unknown are evil, not all things which are unknown are evil. For example, the future is unknown.

    Here's my Obsidian Lantern Oath:

    From creations dawn to apocalyptic night,
    They guard that which exist beyond men's sight,
    To protect men from the most evil blights,
    The power of the singularity Obsidian Lanterns Light.

    For those of you who don't already know, a blight is the evil form of light and singularity is a black hole.

    The Obsidian Lanterns might be the good form of Black Lanterns whose black light wasn't corrupted. They'd be protectors from and of the unknown.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •