Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: J. Michael Straczynski: Origin of a Writer

"Babylon 5" creator and "Changeling" writer J. Michael Straczynski spoke at
    Screenwriter’s Expo last Friday about his beginnings as a writer, his recent
    transition into feature films, and the benefits of the comic book format.

Full article here.

Spider-Man=Peter Parker TheAmazingSpidey's Avatar

That was a great read. I love JMS.
    "With Great Power...Comes Great Responsibility."

"I've never asked for much. Like everyone else, I know the odds are always against us. That's just the way the universe works. I don't want guarantees, promises, assurances or false hopes. All I've ever asked is for one chance to stand on my own feet and give it my best shot. Succeed or fail, live or die, if I know I tried, then I can accept whatever happens."

-- Spider-Man

JMS is an amazing writer. I really wish I could've watched "Changeling" in theatres but the funds were just not there. I'll follow this guy on anything now and I'm sure I'll never quit being mad at Marvel for how they handled "Amazing Spider-Man". That was the best Spidey run I've ever read and the "Back in Black" storyline was one of the best storylines I've read ever. Seeing Spidey beat the crap out of Kingpin pumped me up SO much. All the best with you future projects, JMS... I can't wait for "Forgotten Planet"!

RIP Ronnie James Dio Deathstroke's Avatar

Thanks for the article link, very interesting.
    I'm on Twitter

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.