Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick Marino, AudioShocker djshalope's Avatar

Default "rearrange all your molecules like Dr. Strange"

so i'm listening to Q-Tip's new album and he has a line towards the end of his track "Move" where he says:

"rearrange all your molecules like Dr. Strange"

so what's the word? you think Stephen Strange could actually do that? or is Q-Tip taking too much artistic liberty?

okay still no answer to my Doctor Strange question, but Q-Tip drops another Marvel reference on the track "Dance on Glass" around 1:15:

"Luke Cage of the loose leaf page"

so i guess we know what Q-Tip's been doing for the past few years instead of making albums: reading New Avengers.

No clue if Dr. Strange can do that...maybe there is some kind of Molecule re-arranging spell...but Q-tip is dope...I like the new album
    Faves: Wolverine: Weapon X, the Avengers, X-Force, etc
    My Free Weekly eZine: http://tinyurl.com/ybcnhxe
    My Clothing Line: www.culturesclothing.com
    http://twitter.com/culturesclothes

yeah it's decent. i finally finished the whole album. i think the biggest flaw is that the tracks were put out of order, with some of the best tracks stuffed into the middle instead of sprinkled up front. basically, i think it gets off to a bad start, picks up halfway thru, gets pretty strong, and then dips a bit at the end. but then again, i have really high expectations for 'Tip cause he's so @#$%ing good.

He did defeat Molecule Man by re-arranging his molecule.
    Dr Strange makes Iron Man's armor Macintosh Supported

Ahhh so he can do it...I know what you mean Djshalope...I think "Getting up" was my favorite one on the album..."1nce Again" & "Award Tour" are my favorite Q-tip songs ever.

Quote Originally Posted by djshalope View Post
    okay still no answer to my Doctor Strange question, but Q-Tip drops another Marvel reference on the track "Dance on Glass" around 1:15:

"Luke Cage of the loose leaf page"

so i guess we know what Q-Tip's been doing for the past few years instead of making albums: reading New Avengers.
    Wu-Tang Clan also makes references to Marvel characters in their songs.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

"If the question if ever "can Strange ___________________," 9 times out of 10 the answer is YES.

Proof positive that Q-Tip is one of the wisest men on the planet.

Also, the song is just about the most phenomenal thing I've heard in some time.
    “What I think the political correctness debate is really about is the power to be able to define. The definers want the power to name. And the defined are now taking that power away from them.”

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    Wu-Tang Clan also makes references to Marvel characters in their songs.
    i remember listening to a Wu Tang track a few years back and being completely blown away by how specific their Marvel references are. this one track referenced a really particular issue of Uncanny X-Men, back when Claremont was doing the subplot where Nirmod was hiding out in NYC and living with Jaime Rodriguez.

pound for pound, Secret Wars by Last Emperor is probably the best comic book inspired hip hop track.

Quote Originally Posted by djshalope View Post
    i remember listening to a Wu Tang track a few years back and being completely blown away by how specific their Marvel references are. this one track referenced a really particular issue of Uncanny X-Men, back when Claremont was doing the subplot where Nirmod was hiding out in NYC and living with Jaime Rodriguez.

pound for pound, Secret Wars by Last Emperor is probably the best comic book inspired hip hop track.
    I was just about to mention Secret Wars...best comic book themed hip-hop track ever!

Well Methodman and Ghostface Killah are Johnny Blaze and Tony Starks respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Well Methodman and Ghostface Killah are Johnny Blaze and Tony Starks respectively.
    truth. my one friend keeps referring to Iron Man as Tony Starks instead of Tony Stark, which shouldn't bother me but for some reason it really does.

Dont think for a second that Q Tip doesnt know what what hes talkin about bringing up the powers of doctor strange and whether he can or cannot re arrange molecules...QTip knows his comics thats great!
    -More famous rap stars reciting comic book lines that only 2% of his audience understands.

I have a nice mustache Van Custo's Avatar

Wu-Tang (GZA, RZA, Ghostface, Method Man), Pharoahe Monch and Organized Konfusion, Last Emperor etc..

Even Jay-Z named an album after Kingdom Come.

TONS of comic references and fans in rap. Wu-Tang specificly said most of their stuff was based off and inspired by comics and kung fu flicks.