Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default CBR: Topps Shutters WizKids, HeroClix line

In a press release issued on the official WizKids Web site today, the Topps Company announced they will immediately cease operations of and discontinue their WizKids product lines, including the popular HeroClix.

Full article here.

Default Wow !

I don't play HeroClix, but this is huge ! I can't imagine them not continuing with this. They should sell the rights to someone else. It's a great little concept.
    I am what I am and that's all what I am

All Roads Lead To Hell 666MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    The Legendary Fortress Of Solitude, The Strangest Place On Earth

Fortunately for HeroClix players, the article says that they will look into possibilities for continuing with HeroClix. Not all is lost.
    ... The Master Of Puppets has spoken.

Goodbye León (november 16th, 1993 - june 12th, 2009). You were, are and always will be the best friend I ever had. I will always love you and never forget you. And please, please forgive me.

Thank you for teaching me about love, patience and caring. Rest in Peace, my friend. I hope that wherever it is you are now, you can run and play as much as you want.

Default heroclix

I have played heroclixs since it has come out. I'am very disappointed. Clixs actually got me reading comics again. I know it was a popular game because every set sold out. I don't under stand it since it was so popular. I know i will not be giving any buisness to topps. I beleive they made a big mistake.

I've played since it came out, and been a Judge since shortly afterward. It will be unfortunate if I turn out to have been the Judge for the last convention Main Event. I'll try to keep people playing locally, but this is not exactly a game where most players can make their own components, unlike some of the CCGs which have lived on beyond their publishers.

I'm actually a Moderator on HCRealms, which is probably the biggest Heroclix community site. Sad news indeed, but I have faith that we haven't seen the last of clix.
    My Xbox 360 podcast!
    Signed In #33: The Saboteur/Avatar/Borderlands/Best of 2009
    (MP3)

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Default what a bummer...

...just spoke w/my LCS guy and he's also crushed at the news; the 'Clix has been keeping his store afloat in these lean economic times!!!

I hope for his sake and the rest of the fans that the game keeps going.

(I played the game at the beginning but lost interest quickly. I still buy the occassional single piece of a character design that I love)

Default heroclix news

I know I will still play. I hold my own tourneys because all the actual tournys were over 1 1/2 hours away. Me and my friends would get togrther and play. I'am sure we will continue Still very disappointing there will be no new figures.
    Last edited by clopzilla; 11-12-2008 at 07:30 AM.

I hope Heroclix continues somehow... it'll be sad without any new ones coming out in the future,
    X-Poster of the Month: January 2009
    --- the best there is at what i do ---

もう二度と・・・

BANNED

Oh well no more weekend stops at the wizkids place near me to go dumpster diving. I pulled out 4 of those big cthulhu clix this summer from it and other random figures.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4-5_Trioxin View Post
    Oh well no more weekend stops at the wizkids place near me to go dumpster diving. I pulled out 4 of those big cthulhu clix this summer from it and other random figures.
    You found those in the dumpster?

もう二度と・・・

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by x_goalkeeper View Post
    You found those in the dumpster?
    Yeah, they werent in a box and one had a broken tentacle. I either find empty boxes with no figures, or figures with no boxes. I found some star wars pocket models in there like 30 or so months before they came out in stores.

I guess its like a way station for product or something since its way to small to be making anything in there, has maybe a 15 car parking lot and fenced in area around back for tractor trailers.

I guess its like a way station for product or something since its way to small to be making anything in there, has maybe a 15 car parking lot and fenced in area around back for tractor trailers.
    Yeah....all of the mail order, figure replacements, etc were done out of Cincinnati, so that would make since. It was their warehouse.
    My Xbox 360 podcast!
    Signed In #33: The Saboteur/Avatar/Borderlands/Best of 2009
    (MP3)

Yeah, they werent in a box and one had a broken tentacle. I either find empty boxes with no figures, or figures with no boxes. I found some star wars pocket models in there like 30 or so months before they came out in stores.

I may steal your idea, and make my brother go look in the garbage outside the shop!

もう二度と・・・

Default Rumor on Heroclix Pickup

I've heard a rumor, not otherwise substantiated, that Parker Bros. might be interested in picking up Heroclix.

This would be their first foray (I think) into collectible gaming.