Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default How would you sell your Marvel trading cards?

Hey, I need some help! I'm totally cleaning out my collections and I have over 4000 Marvel trading cards from 1990 and up that I'm looking to sell. The series range from the Marvel Universe, Marvel Masterpieces, X-Men Fleer, Incredible Hulk, Silver Surfer, QFX, Creator's Collection and the list goes on. 90% of them are all complete sets with lots of of the bonus cards (holograms and whatnot). Anyway, would you put them on eBay or take your chances with just putting them in the local newspaper? Is there any other good sites to go about selling collector's items? Anyway help will be great... my girlfriend's driving me nuts about them being in the way! Thanks!

To a sucker.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    To a sucker.
    Hi! I'm DoctorDoom!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDoom View Post
    Hi! I'm DoctorDoom!
    Wrong kind of sucker.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Wrong kind of sucker.
    Awwwww

Quote Originally Posted by tridon View Post
    Hey, I need some help! I'm totally cleaning out my collections and I have over 4000 Marvel trading cards from 1990 and up that I'm looking to sell. The series range from the Marvel Universe, Marvel Masterpieces, X-Men Fleer, Incredible Hulk, Silver Surfer, QFX, Creator's Collection and the list goes on. 90% of them are all complete sets with lots of of the bonus cards (holograms and whatnot). Anyway, would you put them on eBay or take your chances with just putting them in the local newspaper? Is there any other good sites to go about selling collector's items? Anyway help will be great... my girlfriend's driving me nuts about them being in the way! Thanks!
    these days comics and comic related collectibles are not worth a great deal, so you probably wont get rich. look on ebay and see what comparable sets sell for to give you an idea of what yours is worth. i have sold on ebay a handful of times, sometimes it works out great and sometimes i wish i had just thrown whatever i am trying to sell in the garbage. if you can get it sold locally, you would not have to deal with shipping and listing fees and paypal, but the odds of someone near you wanting what you have are lower than the odds of someone on the world wide web wanting it.

They're...in the way? Even 4000 can't be taking up that much room.

She's just trying to de-geekify you.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

That Lisa Marie Presley has done it again!

LOL. You think? At least my 4000 comics haven't become a major issue yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tridon View Post
    LOL. You think? At least my 4000 comics haven't become a major issue yet.
    When they do you going to be asking us how to sell them?
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

I know someone who got a few thousand cards at an estate sale for about $4.50. I'll be generous and give you $6.

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Honestly, yeah. There are these cardboard card trays that hold 5000 cards. They're 12" x 14" and about 4" deep.
    Stick 'em in there with some dividers.

Because honestly, trading cards are DEAD at the moment. Whatever you do, you're going to end up getting a pittance for them. Because you'll either sell them all as a job lot and end up with nothing, or sell a few at a time to diehard collectors who'll pick out anything that's worth anything, get less than you want, and still be left with a pile of worthless cardboard.
    If you still like 'em and space is the only issue, get a cardboard card tray and stash 'em outta the way.

Those women and their domestic imperialism. Sooner or later, all of tridon's stuff will be confined to the smallest/darkest/coldest/most subterranean part of their home. A dry basement if you're lucky. Otherwise, the unheated garage or toolshed or attic.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Those women and their domestic imperialism. Sooner or later, all of tridon's stuff will be confined to the smallest/darkest/coldest/most subterranean part of their home. A dry basement if you're lucky. Otherwise, the unheated garage or toolshed or attic.
    He may marry a woman to let him have a room to indulge his passion .

Thats more Mick Foley whose wife lets him have a room all year round for Christmas.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

NOT Bucky O'Hare! The Confessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    Because honestly, trading cards are DEAD at the moment. Whatever you do, you're going to end up getting a pittance for them.

Really? Why do you say that they're dead? Would you say that they're dead at the moment irrespective of genre or are you just talking about comics related trading cards? I'm not disagreeing with you by the way, just interested in why you say that?

Mind you, if they are "dead" at the moment, hopefully that'll translate to the market place and I'll be able to pick up some dirt cheap bargains. Personally, I love me some trading card action...and the old school gum cards too (non-sports ones though).

I have to say that I did grab myself a bit of a bargain on eBay this last week when I got an almost complete set of the old 1978 Battlestar Galactica gum cards for a pittance. This lot that I won contained 130 of the whole 132 card set.

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    Because you'll either sell them all as a job lot and end up with nothing, or sell a few at a time to diehard collectors who'll pick out anything that's worth anything, get less than you want, and still be left with a pile of worthless cardboard.

Ha ha...this could be true. I've actually sent you a PM tridon enquiring about some particular sets that I'm after.
    MY PULL LIST
    Astro City • Kick-Ass 3 • Star Wars: Dark Times • Superior Spider-Man